Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 11-02-2001, 11:50 AM   #11
Rikard

Let me Refrase....

It doesn;t matter if you don;t have a lot of friends
When you are in trouble
you'll see only your real friends will bother
be thankful for the real friends you have
since they are more important then anything

------------------

Konfuzed, of Konfuzed and Zany, Bad Writerz Klub

Old 11-02-2001, 12:40 PM   #12
Garnet

All forgiven, Tiamat!!!

I was never popular at school--I was the anti-thesis of what a girl 'should' be, i.e. much smarter than most (loathe math, tho), didn't spend hours on hair and make-up or clothes (I'm the comfort-before-fashion sort, within reason, as I love to dress up, too), non-cheerleader/sports, didn't kowtow to either the guys or the 'in' crowd's dictates. Funny thing is, didn't bother me much then, doesn't bother me much now ('course, this *was* back in the dinosaur days). And if anything, everyone remembers me for standing on my own feet and not giving in to the peer pressure (so I've been told)! ::shrugs:: go figure.

True friends may be few and far between, but treasure them when they come along. As for girls, you just haven't met one of the 'right' ones yet!

(Wait a few years when those high school atheletes start developing beer bellies and their egos take a major slap! Then you'll have your revenge! evil chuckle

------------------
~Garnet FalconDance~

• Guardian of the Forests
  • Ranger-Protectoress of Ironworks
  • Scourge of Hobgoblins and Assorted Bad Nasties Everywhere![/list]

Old 11-02-2001, 12:53 PM   #13
Ramon de Ramon y Ramon
Red Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by Lioness:

EDIT: uhoh, that was a one-smiley post-SPAM!!!
Dearest Silky-Paws, I already told that to Kazlein once, but it bears repeating: accepting a compliment could never be considered "spam" !

Tiamat, that was a wonderful compliment, keep them coming, please, we have got so many worthy "targets" here at IW !

------------------
So long !

R³ aka "The Ramonster"(thanks Sir Tainly) - proud to be the official spokesman for the most noble Lady Bilqis, Desert Rose of Ironworks - equally proud to be Moiraine's "permanent advocate" !

Btw, the cow is queuing in the slaughterhouse right now !
Old 11-02-2001, 12:58 PM   #14
Kaz
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Quote:
Originally posted by Garnet:
All forgiven, Tiamat!!!

I was never popular at school--I was the anti-thesis of what a girl 'should' be, i.e. much smarter than most (loathe math, tho), didn't spend hours on hair and make-up or clothes (I'm the comfort-before-fashion sort, within reason, as I love to dress up, too), non-cheerleader/sports, didn't kowtow to either the guys or the 'in' crowd's dictates. Funny thing is, didn't bother me much then, doesn't bother me much now ('course, this *was* back in the dinosaur days). And if anything, everyone remembers me for standing on my own feet and not giving in to the peer pressure (so I've been told)! ::shrugs:: go figure.
That sounds almost exactly like me love math though
Also, this is Germany, where the social organization is different. Not as much "athlete" stuff. We are a class with 21 boys and 7 girls which also means that the girls have to stick together

------------------

Sapphire Dragoness of ALSB
Waitress at Cloudy's Cafe
Magess of Lady Lioness' Court
Saint of the SoS
Historian of IW
Mage of the Morning Triumvirate
Most Illustrious Arch-Magess of the Illuminati
Lux omnis est
Once Upon A Paper Writer's Forum
Old 11-02-2001, 01:09 PM   #15
Ramon de Ramon y Ramon
Red Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by Kaz:
That sounds almost exactly like me love math though
Also, this is Germany, where the social organization is different. Not as much "athlete" stuff. We are a class with 21 boys and 7 girls which also means that the girls have to stick together

*whistles appreciatively as hot blonde passes*

How are you, Kazlein ? Any new developments re your game of BG II or your stay at Miss DragonMage's lair ?

Ah, and would you care to elaborate as to how the "social organization" is different in Germany compared to the States ? I would be greatly interested in learning more of your view on this ....
------------------
So long !

R³ aka "The Ramonster"(thanks Sir Tainly) - proud to be the official spokesman for the most noble Lady Bilqis, Desert Rose of Ironworks - equally proud to be Moiraine's "permanent advocate" !

Btw, the cow is queuing in the slaughterhouse right now !

[This message has been edited by Ramon de Ramon y Ramon (edited 11-02-2001).]
Old 11-02-2001, 01:14 PM   #16
Kaz
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Quote:
Originally posted by Ramon de Ramon y Ramon:

How are you, Kazlein ? Any new developments re your game of BG II or your stay at Miss DragonMage's lair ?
meow
Nothing with DragonMage, my mother doesn't even seem to consider it as a possibility! *sniff* must nag at her again... and again... and again. Maybe if I get her on AIM and manage a meeting between the two of them?
BGII is coming along nicely, I did take Anomen along (he's gotten nicer ). Chapter 3 now, but want to do some more sidequests before I get Imoen back...

------------------

Sapphire Dragoness of ALSB
Waitress at Cloudy's Cafe
Magess of Lady Lioness' Court
Saint of the SoS
Historian of IW
Mage of the Morning Triumvirate
Most Illustrious Arch-Magess of the Illuminati
Lux omnis est
Once Upon A Paper Writer's Forum
Old 11-02-2001, 01:54 PM   #17
DragonMage
20th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by Tiamat:
im sorry for when I catagorized such greats fems as Lioness, Epona and DM!
At school, im not exactly popular, and the popular girls are just a bunch of Lichs (a new word for those who dont swear, but want tu get their point across)
that only go out with "athletes" (i cant do sports cause I royally suck) and that renders me to only have a few good friends here, a bud there......... but anyway, im sowy!
You've never insulted me, my friend. So I'll just consider this a down payment apology in case you ever DO. (((HUGS)))

------------------

Alureth...Dragon friend of Breanna, Mage and Advisor in the Court of Lady Lioness

Co-Owner/Operator of the Evil Petting Zoo and devout member of the HADB clan.
Commander of the Dragon Fleet, IW Peacekeeping Force
Sublime Sister of the Illuminati - may the Light shine forever!
Second Historian and Scribe of IW. Mother Hen of IW.
Mage extraordinair, Pin-Up Girl for the OLD-COOTS
Magey-Wagey: performer in the Nekked Dancing Trio of the ORT.

HopeFUL Romantic *sigh*