Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-03-2003, 05:56 PM   #21
Sir Kenyth
Fzoul Chembryl

Quote:
Originally posted by The Hierophant:
Thanks to everyone for the free wisdom. Things were ok with John (my flatmate, hard to avoid ) today. A little chilly, but nothing bad. Havn't talked to Michelle, we agreed to just stay away. I also talked to Daniel over the phone to organise our fruit picking venture, nothing was mentioned about the 'incident' and conversation was at a nice, business-like level (which is how my friendship with Daniel has always been, he's a 'management' major, likes doing business) So all in all it looks like this ugly little episode is well on the way to being swept under the rug where it can crumble away nice and quietly, only to rear its horrifying head in 20 years time at our school reunion, or something like that [img]smile.gif[/img]

Thanks again everybody. Your words really did help me alot.
Listen dude, think things out a bit next time before making your move. A regular friend shouldn't stop you from seeing his ex. Friends fall out all the time and relationships take priority. But a room mate is a different story. You two have to live together. You don't want to cause yourself that kind of pain. Some people are resilient and won't mind, some will. In this case, ask first. Even if you ask, you still risk consequences. Some situations you should stay away from like the plague are dating brothers and best friends ex-girlfriends, and also your ex-girlfriends siblings. You will likely regret it at some point.
Old 11-04-2003, 10:53 AM   #22
cloud ff7 38
User suspended until [Nov26]

If you really like this girl you should do what makes her happy let her decide.
Old 11-04-2003, 12:03 PM   #23
Bahamut
Iron Throne Cult

wow... problem solved... i am glad for you!

with what i can see, it was probably just too early for "john" that's why the certain awkwardness... as for "Daniel", I agree with Cerek... he is one big *toot* LOL... but then anyway you guys are back to normal now...

in the future this can help you... and of course you know that saying that girls ruin friendships between men (no pun intended)... sometimes true, sometimes not... depends on the people you are with... especially if the girl is a player...

good luck with future endeavors... and i hope you three will be able to have compromise and be there for each other for the rest of your lives
Old 11-04-2003, 03:21 PM   #24
quietman1920

Wow. Some memories just came flooding back. I'm not saying this situation is yours. But it's a lesson I learned the hard way and am posting so that someone else won't have to:

My best friend (B) dated the ex of another friend of mine (P). It hurt (P) a lot, but he dealt with it and (B) was headlong over heals for her. This lasted for 1-2 months and then (B)'s brother got engaged and (B) asked me to drive her to the wedding. In the car, she started to tell me how attractive I was and put her hand in my lap. But I'm very loyal to my friends...so I accelerated until the car was going past 120 mph and she, quite pale, had withdrawn her hand.

Now, for the rest of that summer she had nothing good to say about me and the most I'd say to (B) was "You know, I really don't trust her. You should be careful."

At the end of the summer, I walked in on (B) practically coming to blows with anther friend of mine, (T), who he accused of hitting on his girl. (T) Claimed that she was hitting on him and that he was just playing with her (T was quite a stud and had Many women chasing him on any given weekend). It was at this point that I explained to (B) all that happened in the car before that wedding.
Basically, I sat him down and said," Hey, (B), this girl slept with (P), she slept with you, she tried to sleep with me and also with (T). She went through us one by one, and here we fighting for the privilege of being screwed over. Right now, do you think she has feelings for any of us? She's probably back home Laughing at us. So, what are we going to do about this?"

We agreed that night that she was to be shunned from us and from our friends. We never caved and we never regretted that decision. Actually, the last I ever heard of her was years later, when a different group of friends described a girl who went on a white water rafting trip. The girl in a 24hr period slept with all 8 of the guys on the rafting trip, some 2 and 3 at a time. The girls name was the same first name, so I asked "was her last name De*********?". His jaw dropped as he replied, "Why yes. How did you know?"
Old 11-04-2003, 05:26 PM   #25
Vaskez
Takhisis Follower

Quote:
Originally posted by cloud ff7 38:
If you really like this girl you should do what makes her happy let her decide.
You're late man [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Love conquers all? Damn, I'd say that area's gray
Old 11-05-2003, 06:45 AM   #26
The Hierophant
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

quietman1920 :whew, that's one 'promiscuous' lady. Man, well, I'm sure she's happy and fulfilled with her love life... but hell, who am I to judge?

Heh, I must say the situation I'm in is not that extreme. It's more a case of indecision, people not making their minds up about what they want.

I feel for your friends man, and for any trouble you guys/girls had to go through. But hey, you came out ok in the end huh?