Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 04-10-2001, 07:25 PM   #1
Gaea
Welcomed New User

Hi all, Been reading your great posts for a while now and on occasion you guys have helped me through. But now, I'm in a pickle and I haven't seen anyone else having this problem. It's probably long and may have some spoilers so I'll move it down a bit. Here goes...
O.k. When the Harpers wanted to bury my character we all wiped out the bad guys. I haven't had too many run ins with them until I came out of the Underdark. I spoke with Elhan and as I was leaving I ran into a Harper who, after a little bit of talking attacked us. Well, I attacked back and I think I may have killed her which forced all the elves, including Elhan, to become enemies and attack my party. I then got out of there fast. Went after Bodhi, killed her & her minions, did a couple of other things in the city and then when I thought I was ready went back to Elhan to move into chapter 7. Well, everyone is still red and I can't talk with anyone as they all attack my party. So... I'm stuck and in that pickle I mentioned earlier. Several things, I used my Bhaal side a number of times so that when I was in the Underdark our reputation was 7 but after I went to the city I donated lots of gold to the temple of Helm and got it back up to 17 or 18. I also do not have an earlier saved game as I haven't saved but in one slot other than the auto and the quick. So, that's about it. Is there any way that I can get Elhan and the elves to go blue again so that I can talk with them and get him to lead me to the Elven City?

I sure would appreciate any help. I know I should have run away from that Harper but didn't realize that the whole elven population would turn on me.

Thanks for any help and assistance you can give me.

Gaea.
Old 04-10-2001, 07:30 PM   #2
Accord
Ninja Storm Shadow

SPOILER:
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
Is this the first Harper encounter after you wiped them out in the Harper Hold? As far as I can recall, you should be able to talk yourself out of this one. Otherwise, before the Harper appears, pause the game (make sure you have enabled cheat) and do ExploreArea() on the console command, that will reveal the entire map. Then while the game is still in "pause", select all party members, place your mouse cursor to the edge of the map (any side will do) and hit [ctrl] + [J], once the game is unpaused, your party will be warped to the location of the mouse cursor. Then just exit that map and let the game continue.
Or use the MoveToArea code to send your party to the Elven City, I don't have the code of the city so hopefully someone else has it.

------------------
Long live H22A1!!!!!
Old 04-10-2001, 07:33 PM   #3
liet kinds
Elite Waterdeep Guard

you could "manipulate your eviorment"
Old 04-10-2001, 07:34 PM   #4
Blade
Emerald Dragon

Saw this was your first post HI and WELCOME to the bord

------------------
Darkness lasts for but a age. Expecially when i'm around
Old 04-10-2001, 08:23 PM   #5
Gaea
Welcomed New User

Blade, Thanks for the welcome.

Liet Kinds: "manipulate my environment."??? How do you mean?

Accord: Your suggestion would be great but... I have already been there, killed the Harper and left. Now when I come back everyone is still red. So, doing what you suggested about the "teleporting to the edge" won't help. The other suggestion about the MovetoArea would work but Elhan is suposed to tell me more about Irenicus and I would like to get as much info as possible. I will do what you suggest if there isn't any other way.

I was wondering if I went back to the city and brought my reputation up higher would that bring them back to neutral?

You all are terrific! Thanks for your suggestions.

Gaea
Old 04-10-2001, 08:27 PM   #6
Accord
Ninja Storm Shadow

Unfortunately, once they turn hostile, they remain hostile, unless you dire charm them (or something like that), but I don't think this will help.

If you don't want to reload (or don't have an old saved game), then MoveToArea might be the only choice right now.

------------------
Long live H22A1!!!!!
Old 04-10-2001, 10:33 PM   #7
Gaea
Welcomed New User

O.K. if that's what it takes then I will do it. I think I have the hints to take me to the Elven City.

Again, thanks all and I will probably be posting again. I have enjoyed playing both Baldur's Gate and BGII. I got the Tales expansion pack and then went out and downloaded Dark Side. I haven't finished Dark Side as I keep getting wiped by the Wizard who has all the Knight's spirits hostage. Anyway, I'm thinking of possibly exporting my fighter, Ka'Ti Isann, out of BGII and then importing her into the Darkside so I can finish that part and wipe out Saverok again. I'm playing multiplayer in Darkside. I wanted to play multiplayer with my daughter who also has the game but for some reason we can't get connected. I thought it would be easy to connect with her as we both use RoadRunner as our isp. But we just could never connect. Can anyone tell me if BGII is easier to get connect up with someone in particular? Just wondering.

Again, thanks for your help and I'll do the move to area to get to chapter 7.

Be talkin' to ya'll soon.

Gaea