Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 05-31-2001, 01:59 AM   #11
RudeDawg
20th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by Xod:
Is this an exploit? Think about it. You know whenever you cast arcane magic in the streets, a group of Cowled ones will appear right next to you and attack you (except for the first and only warning). It is not a fair fight, or even a fight. But, I don't think that my mage shouldn't be able to cast a stoneskin in the middle of the street without being attacked (or paying an exorbetant fee).

IMHO, I'd have to say "cheese". Ask yourself, if you lived in a fantasy world, would the powers-that-be in a city let you get away with that? They'd be sending ARMIES of guards after you.

But, it doesn't matter what I say. Have fun with YOUR game...

------------------

The RudeDawg
Known in these Forgotten Realms as Perin LightEyes
and my girlfriends, Pamila and Pfil.

"Let them come. Let them ALL come."
Old 05-31-2001, 04:46 AM   #12
dafan

Quote:
Originally posted by Throntar:
I guess when I think of cheese, I think of stuff that wouldn't actually happen if this alternate CRPG setting were reality.

For instance, these are "cheese":
  • Setting traps all around a neutral person/thing and then attacking them so they go hostile and trip the traps.
  • Hitting a neutral opponent with multiple cloudkills until they die while hiding behind the "fog of war" so that the opponent doesn't see you and come after you.
  • Casting cloudkill into a room and then slamming the door shut until the enemies die. (Like in a reality situation, a bipedal opponent with opposable thumbs couldn't open a door???)[/list]
    Now...with all of that said, do whatever makes you happy. Cheese away, if that's what you like to do!

Yeah thats about how cheese you can get

------------------
I'm a protector of good
a seeker of truth
a symbol of light
a man of honor

Old 05-31-2001, 04:50 AM   #13
Link
Jack Burton

Cheese, eh??? Well, i killed Tolgerias in the Planar Sphere (is this a spoiler??????) with a couple of fireballs... he couldn't see me, and i knew he was there.... HA! Take that, i thought!! But it felt less creative afterwards... Rather wimpy actually...But hey!!! He's dead, I'm happy!!!

------------------
In the foul darkness one figure will emerge to save the world from evil and despair.... Light flashes as his sword comes down, and thunder rolls through the sky when he points his sword up to heaven to signal his victory....People whisper his name as he walks by, evil tries to hide as they sense his presence nearby.... His name? Link......
Old 05-31-2001, 07:40 AM   #14
DonkeyWan
Drow Warrior

Does no one think that dual wielding stuff like the crom faeyr is 'cheesy'?
Old 05-31-2001, 07:55 AM   #15
SSJ4Sephiroth
Beholder

think that all of you are forgetting one of the cheesiest of all cheese that ive heard of (but never tried cuz i prefer a fair fight, which has gotten me killed a few times). The old Blade Barrier and Sanctuary trick. maybe not as bad as the Cloudkill in FoW, but still bad cuz it exploits poor AI and such. i say if you want a fight, use magic missile and skulltrap responsibly, throw in a few fireballs and summonings, and you got a good strategy for victory!
Old 05-31-2001, 07:57 AM   #16
Earthdog
Emerald Dragon

Personally I dont even use Cloudkill. That takes all the fun out of the game.
I prefer to face opponents without hiding behind the fog of war. I prefer to mix my attacks with the good old headbutt and a few well placed spells. But all things being relative, its the users choice. Too bad there are flaws in the game to take advantage of.

Shouldnt a Dragon be immune to spells like Cloudkill??? They are supposed to be highly intelligent, so, no, I dont think they would stand there and die while the gamer hides behind fog of war.

------------------
IS THE PIZZA HERE YET????
WANNA PASS ME A BEER??? THANKS!!!!!!
Old 05-31-2001, 08:30 AM   #17
Throntar
Drizzt Do'Urden

Oops! I forgot to mention the King of Cheese...Velveeta himself...

Turning your high level Cleric invisible and walking him/her into a pack of undead while turning undead. Disintegrates the undead without a scratch on the Cleric.

------------------

Now where did I leave that doughnut?!
Old 05-31-2001, 08:38 AM   #18
Link
Jack Burton

I'm thinking of another cheesy tactic..Ehm...Yeah!!! I know: read this
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
Spoiler(??)
/
/
/
/
At the Planar Sphere quest, you have to find the heart of a demon, and then you can get out of the plane, and return to the Slums.. You have to kill two demons (one is blocking the way, when you want to return to the sphere after killing the other).. The first one is pretty hard to finish off, because when you see him, a lot of asshole critters appear... He uses some sort of Gaze as well, which paralyzes you.. I couldn't defeat him first, but then simply summoned a Fire Elemental with Jaheira... He was unharmed by the attacks of the demon, which was ash not much later.... Cheesy, eh!!!!

------------------
In the foul darkness one figure will emerge to save the world from evil and despair.... Light flashes as his sword comes down, and thunder rolls through the sky when he points his sword up to heaven to signal his victory....People whisper his name as he walks by, evil tries to hide as they sense his presence nearby.... His name? Link......