Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-02-2001, 03:38 PM   #1
Throntar
Drizzt Do'Urden

I just started into Watcher's Keep. Party is all around 17th - 19th level...

***SPOILER***for Level 1...
Has *anyone* figured out a good way, tactically speaking, to defeat those friggin' statues? I just got mopped up by four of them...one of those bastards cast Insect Swarm on my party and it was all over then but for the screamin'. Well...except for Sarevok...he's virtually indestructible...

So, anyway, how have any/all of you been able to polish off the statues?

------------------

Now where did I leave that doughnut?!
Throntar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2001, 03:46 PM   #2
Lord of Alcohol
Xanathar Thieves Guild

I had Ozzy (level 22 fighter), Saravok, and Anomen tank up front while Jaheira used her sling, and Nalia and Jan magic missiles. Used blunt weapons too, not sure but thought it would be better than edged.
Lord of Alcohol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2001, 03:53 PM   #3
Throntar
Drizzt Do'Urden

Quote:
Originally posted by Lord of Alcohol:
I had Ozzy (level 22 fighter), Saravok, and Anomen tank up front while Jaheira used her sling, and Nalia and Jan magic missiles. Used blunt weapons too, not sure but thought it would be better than edged.
Howdy LoA! Hmmm...never thought about the blunt weapons thing. Nothing fancy for you though, huh? Assuming you just kept blasting the spell casters to disrupt their castings?

I wonder if Crom Fayer would insta-destroy them? Works on Stone Golems... Maybe Stone to Flesh...

Any other suggestions?

------------------

Now where did I leave that doughnut?!
Throntar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2001, 05:34 PM   #4
Lord of Alcohol
Xanathar Thieves Guild

And Hi back Throntar! I didnt get too fancy in that battle. And yes I had the "behind the lines people" targeting the statues that had the temerity to cast spells against me. Anomen kicks ass with Crom Fayer I have discovered.
Lord of Alcohol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2001, 06:41 PM   #5
frudi_x
Drow Warrior

I just took them out one or two at a time... didn't have any problems, but then again, I was about lvl 20-22 or something like that (got up to 23-25 by the time I kicked the Imprisoned One's but .
frudi_x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2001, 12:29 AM   #6
Sagath
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Watchers keep seems to be a 20th+ dungeon to start.

From a campaign setting, PnP style, I wouldnt let anyone below 24th in here probably...but thats kinda irrelevant here. (heck, if that was the case, I dont think a group of 6 could take out the Prince of Demons, without some really REALLY good stuff, and again, PnP style, that Carsomyr is a Holy Avenger....Last time I checked, holy avengers give spell immunity to all friendly allies in a 50 foot radius around you up to the level of the wielder. anyways, I digress)

My tactics are 3 good tanks (Pally, Monk, and Fighter) up front, well, tanking, Cleric Thief and Wizzy in the back, nuking anything that moves. Seems to work well most of the time.
Id just recommend going back and gaining some levels if your finding it tough. It doesnt get any easier past the 1st portal...

------------------
Sagath Steelblade. 26th Fighter, LG
Gilimi Silverwing, 27th Monk, LG

Jan: Greetings, Everyone. Sorry, no gifts or souvenirs this time but I'll keep you all in mind the next time I'm gone. Oh, Keldorn: the gods say 'Hi' and that you should wash your underwear more thoroughly. Everyone ready? Let's go adventuring.
:2gunfire:
Sagath is offline   Reply With Quote