Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 05-29-2003, 07:48 AM   #21
robertthebard
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Now I can try to post this without getting really personal. This site isn't about Christians, because I know a lot of Christians that both watched, and really enjoyed the movies. Then ran right out and bought them, as they became available. This is one guy, and this is the kind of stuff that leads to the Davidian thing in Texas. *We can teach your child to commit suicide, because the world is such a terrible place.* I know that that's not what he said, but what was the end result? How come all the *fatal cults*, are started by Christians? Maybe professed Christians would be a better term.

I have written a letter to this site, at the address listed at the bottom of the page for *donations*. I'll edit it before I send it, and post it here, amongst other places. To all Christians,*as we all know, I'm not*,maybe you should send one to, explaining that he doesn't represent what you believe. I know that he doesn't represent any of the Christians that I interact with on a daily basis, and has offended more than a few. Beware though, because he'll turn your complaint about his dribble into a Satanist Attack on Christianity. In short, you'll become an offense to God. That's what I'm aiming for, at least to his version of God.
The really sad part of this is that there are little old ladies out there that will read this, and send their money to support this crap, and unless you believe everything he wrote, that's all that can be said for it.
Old 05-29-2003, 08:50 AM   #22
MagiK

Along the lines of what Robert just said..the whole first half of the page seemed to be an advertisment for his "Copyrighted" CAp scoring system with its patented "thermometer of unholiness" or some such. The guys a fanatic, and ranks right up their with other religious fanatics. At least all he is doing is reviewing movies and not trying to rewrite the constitution or anything.

Old 05-29-2003, 01:45 PM   #23
spydar

yet another perfect example of why people in the world today are in serious need of a sense of homour. I mean, shit, you can't say or do anything nowadays without offending someone who has a stick up their butt for one reason or another. really people, take a deep cleansing breath and quite being so damn anal about everything.

incidently, I once ran across a web site that was trying to explain how sesame street was a way for the "evil jews" to subvert the younger population. never laughed so hard in my life
Old 05-29-2003, 01:50 PM   #24
MagiK

I reccomend a High Colonic for this gentleman [img]smile.gif[/img]

Edit: The old Triple H, High, Hot and Helluva lot [img]smile.gif[/img]

[ 05-29-2003, 01:51 PM: Message edited by: MagiK ]

Old 05-29-2003, 01:50 PM   #25
pritchke
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

His holiness has to sit down and watch evil to review it.

[img]graemlins/arcadefreak.gif[/img] I wonder what he does to purify himself after indulging in such evil and to keep is mind from becoming evil?

Sounds like a fanatic hypocrite.

[img]graemlins/1popcorn.gif[/img] I shall indulge in some evil again in December.

[ 05-29-2003, 01:53 PM: Message edited by: pritchke ]
Old 05-29-2003, 02:18 PM   #26
Sir Taliesin
Silver Dragon

Well that was so much HOG-WASH. I find it funny that many many Christain Scholors suggest reading the Lord of the Rings due to fact that it deals with Good Vs Evil, yet this site blast it as "EVIL". Sorry to disagree with them, but I think both the book and the movies are classics. I will encourage all my children to read LoTR for the lessons that it teaches if nothing else! And I might state, that's an opinion of a practicing Christian!
Old 05-29-2003, 03:10 PM   #27
Rokenn
Galvatron

Quote:
Originally posted by SpiritWarrior:
Mary Poppins was the only one that got a good review lol.

quote:
Mary Poppins was a delightful romp for children and the young at heart through a make-believe world of frolic and fantasy. There were no instances of offensive material throughout the movie. While there were several occurences of "magic," there was nothing evil or sinister about any of the "magic." Mary could have been angelic. While some might consider the "We won't go to sleep!" from Michael to Mary Poppins to be arrogance and/or impudence, the obstinence was NOT at his parents. All instances of Jane and Michael taking issue with parental authority (e.g., the song) were with respect and even apology. I cannot find in the Bible anywhere God has a problem with children disagreeing with their parents but I can find a LOT of warnings against arrogance toward and rebellion against parents -- a LOT -- and with severe consequences ... and even more severe consequences for parents who abuse the authority and position He gave them.
[/QUOTE]Of course if they new the faintest bit of background about the characters they would know that Gandalf is an 'angel' Having been sent to middle earth to counter the evil of Sauron by the Gods.
Old 05-29-2003, 03:13 PM   #28
Attalus
Symbol of Bane

*Shrugs* I, and all my family, are practising Christians, and I have been devoted to LOTR for as long as I can remember, almost. I think my fundamental lack of agreement with the Fundamentalists is that they take life way too seriously, not minding the warning in Ecclesiates that the best Man can look for in this world is to eat, drink, and be merry. If being merry involves imagining Magic and other races, then I hold it harmless.
Old 05-29-2003, 09:05 PM   #29
robertthebard
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Quote:
Originally posted by Attalus:
*Shrugs* I, and all my family, are practising Christians, and I have been devoted to LOTR for as long as I can remember, almost. I think my fundamental lack of agreement with the Fundamentalists is that they take life way too seriously, not minding the warning in Ecclesiates that the best Man can look for in this world is to eat, drink, and be merry. If being merry involves imagining Magic and other races, then I hold it harmless.
Referencing his review of Matrix Reloaded, that's an affront to God, unless he forgot to read that chapter too.
Old 05-29-2003, 11:52 PM   #30
Attalus
Symbol of Bane

Yeah, there's a lot of the Bible that the Fundamentalists ignore. They like to pick and choose their texts.