Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-15-2001, 01:11 PM   #1
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

You may have seen this before, but I laughed out loud when I saw it today. Wanted to share it for those who haven't seen it.

Have a fun day!

__________________________________________________ ___________________
After being nearly snowbound for two weeks last winter, a Seattle man departed for his vacation in Miami Beach, where he was to meet his wife the next day at the conclusion of her business trip to Minneapolis. They were looking forward to pleasant weather and a nice time together.

Unfortunately, there was some sort of mix up at the boarding gate and the man was told he would have to wait for a later flight. He tried to appeal to a supervisor but was told the airline was not responsible for the problem and it would do no good to complain.

Upon arrival at the hotel the next day, he discovered that Miami Beach was having a heat wave and its weather was almost as uncomfortably hot as Seattle's was cold. The desk clerk gave him a message that his wife would arrive as planned.

He could hardly wait to get to the pool area to cool off, and quickly sent his wife an e-mail but, due to his haste, he made an error in the address. His message therefore arrived at the home of an elderly preacher's wife whose even older husband had gone to his reward only the day before.

When the grieving widow opened her e-mail, she took one look at the monitor, let out an anguished scream, and fell to the floor dead. Her family rushed to her room where they saw this message on the screen:

Dearest Wife,

Departed yesterday as you know. Just now got checked in. Some confusion at the gate. Appeal was denied. Received confirmation of your arrival tomorrow.

Your Loving Husband.

P.S. Things are not as we thought. You're going to be surprised at how hot it is down here.

Old 05-15-2001, 01:16 PM   #2
Black Knight
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

saz, oldy but a goody.

BK

------------------

The Black Storm Cloud of the Night
Consort to a Queen
Champion of Truth, Justice and Cloudy's Way
Captain of the Knights of the Golden Dragons
Heart, Mind, and Soul
Offical Wizard and Warrior Questioner
What is this, the Spanish Inquisition?
Ironworks Answer Man
Old 05-15-2001, 01:18 PM   #3
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

So it is an oldie, then? I kind of wondered. And I thought I had seen everything!

Old 05-15-2001, 01:29 PM   #4
Rikard

lol

------------------

The Githyanki Necromancer - High Magician of the Holy Flame

Old 05-15-2001, 02:48 PM   #5
Black Knight
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Most jokes floating around are old to somebody, new to others.

BK

------------------

The Black Storm Cloud of the Night
Consort to a Queen
Champion of Truth, Justice and Cloudy's Way
Captain of the Knights of the Golden Dragons
Heart, Mind, and Soul
Offical Wizard and Warrior Questioner
What is this, the Spanish Inquisition?
Ironworks Answer Man
Old 05-15-2001, 02:59 PM   #6
BladeMaster

That was a good one

------------------
www.angelfire.com/rpg/evermeet

Old 05-15-2001, 06:05 PM   #7
Lord Shield

Not an e-mail, but a similar (and true) story
I was set up for on-call support in my current job about 3 years ago. IT was down to me to set the Powerterm settings to dial into the computers. However, I had the wrong phone number in. Dialling in from Mum's house proved ineffectual
The next day my Mum got a p***ed off phone call from a middle-aged woman who heard whirring from her phone at 2am and midnight the previous night! Turns out I had the wrong phone number set up