Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-30-2003, 09:01 AM   #31
Kaltia
Jack Burton

*Reads site* oh, I *love* it. Having passed it around as many of my non-IW MSN contacts as possible, we've all agreed: "Bull$h!t". "Will I offend you if I say I think the people at CAP are a bunch of idiots?" "Oh...my...god..." "Tell me people don't really believe that." "It's a joke, a really bad joke, right? Right?!" "LMAO!" "..." "Where the heck did you find THAT?!" and, "Good grief."

The wolf is as cunning as he is ferocious; once he's had a taste of flesh then nothing else will do.
Old 05-30-2003, 06:48 PM   #32
Sir Kenyth
Fzoul Chembryl

Quote:
Originally posted by MagiK:

Along the lines of what Robert just said..the whole first half of the page seemed to be an advertisment for his "Copyrighted" CAp scoring system with its patented "thermometer of unholiness" or some such. The guys a fanatic, and ranks right up their with other religious fanatics. At least all he is doing is reviewing movies and not trying to rewrite the constitution or anything.
Although a bit over the top, it seems pretty harmless to me. A movie ratings system for the ultra-conservatives. He doesn't seem to directly attack anyone. He even compliments the actors. The US has free speech. I say let him be.
Old 05-30-2003, 08:08 PM   #33
Judas Maccabeus
The Magister

Ironic fact: If what I have heard is right, Tolkien was a practicing Christian.
<br /><br />\'Far be it from me to do such a thing as flee from them! If our time has come, let us die bravely for our kinsmen and not leave a stain upon our glory!\'<br />--1 Maccabees 9:10
Old 05-30-2003, 08:57 PM   #34
Tancred
White Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by Judas Maccabeus:
Ironic fact: If what I have heard is right, Tolkien was a practicing Christian.
Hell yes. If the legends are true, Tolkien's original ending for Lord of the Rings had Gollum leaping from the Cracks of Doom with the Ring, killing himself and the Ring in one fell swoop - but catholic dogma frowns heavily on suicide, even a redemptive one, so it was changed.