Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-31-2002, 10:36 AM   #1
seth11
Elite Waterdeep Guard

i am stuck. i have spoken to the chief. then to rose (hooker), then to fat merchant...bought berries...took them to rose....told the chief...went to the tanner and he tells me to go away. what step am i missing?
seth11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2002, 10:49 AM   #2
Kaltia
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by seth11:
i am stuck. i have spoken to the chief. then to rose (hooker), then to fat merchant...bought berries...took them to rose....told the chief...went to the tanner and he tells me to go away. what step am i missing?
You forgot to talk to the beggar, Rampah. He'll sell you some elephant hide he found at the scene of the crime for 100gp then talk to the Lietenant and he'll say he's going to check it out.

The wolf is as cunning as he is ferocious; once he's had a taste of flesh then nothing else will do.
Kaltia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2002, 10:53 AM   #3
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Urm, you do not need to talk to the lieutenant, not if you want him to stay alive and get better rewards. Confront the tanner and follow him as he goes down. Smack his friends around and report to the lieutenant for your reward.
Dundee Slaytern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2002, 10:57 AM   #4
Kaltia
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by Dundee Slaytern:
Urm, you do not need to talk to the lieutenant, not if you want him to stay alive and get better rewards. Confront the tanner and follow him as he goes down. Smack his friends around and report to the lieutenant for your reward.
Damn i didn't know about that, you mean each time I went and got the lietenant killed?

The wolf is as cunning as he is ferocious; once he's had a taste of flesh then nothing else will do.
Old 07-31-2002, 11:03 AM   #5
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Kaltia:
Damn i didn't know about that, you mean each time I went and got the lietenant killed?
Looks that way.
Old 07-31-2002, 11:05 AM   #6
Kaltia
Jack Burton

I hope their replaceable. What was the reward? Money?

Old 07-31-2002, 11:07 AM   #7
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Kaltia:
I hope their replaceable. What was the reward? Money?
XP and reputation, and a bit of money IIRC. More important is the rep point. Not to mention all the Xp and loot from killing the tanner's friends.
Old 07-31-2002, 11:09 AM   #8
Piestrider
Zhentarim Guard

The Tanner has got some pretty good items too.
SPOILER-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
I believe that the Gesen bow string or shaft is down there.
Old 07-31-2002, 11:14 AM   #9
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Loot from the crates is always there, irregardless of which path you take. However, you do lose out on Xp from the enemies.
Old 07-31-2002, 11:17 AM   #10
Kaltia
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by Dundee Slaytern:
Loot from the crates is always there, irregardless of which path you take. However, you do lose out on Xp from the enemies.
What do you mean? I always head after the inspector, kill the baddies, and pick up his body-are there more baddies if you take your route?