Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-29-2003, 08:52 AM   #1
VulcanRider
Lord Soth

http://www.talltexian.com/AmericaForever/id28.htm

-----
Help feed animals in shelters with just a mouse click at The Animal Rescue Site !!
Old 01-29-2003, 09:29 AM   #2
Aragorn The Wise
Manshoon

Especially that picture...
Old 01-29-2003, 09:36 AM   #3
Jorath Calar
Harper

(I didn't mean any disrespect to US veterans, that picture is very glorious... and I salute that soldier. it's just the setup of the page... it speaks more than million words of american hypocrisy... If you scroll down you really have to wonder what the poor man feels that what he fought for was actually worth fighting for... USA, United States Of Advertising)

[ 01-29-2003, 10:03 AM: Message edited by: Jorath Calar ]
Old 01-29-2003, 09:54 AM   #4
Timber Loftis
40th Level Warrior

Nice. Speaks volumes.
Old 01-29-2003, 09:56 AM   #5
Cerek the Barbaric
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Great post, V.R.! [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]

It is far too easy for our current generation (my own included) to forget the sacrifices made by our fathers and grandfathers and to remember the pride they had in this wonderful country.

Everything we have today is a direct result of thier willingness to leave their homes and families and risk their lives so that our freedom might be preserved.
Old 01-29-2003, 10:02 AM   #6
Aragorn The Wise
Manshoon

Quote:
Originally posted by Cerek the Barbaric:
Great post, V.R.! [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]

It is far too easy for our current generation (my own included) to forget the sacrifices made by our fathers and grandfathers and to remember the pride they had in this wonderful country.

Everything we have today is a direct result of thier willingness to leave their homes and families and risk their lives so that our freedom might be preserved.
That is so true. And this is coming from part of the generation that hasn't made those sacifices (yet :\) or experienced what our forefathers experienced.
Old 01-29-2003, 01:52 PM   #7
AzRaeL StoRmBlaDe
Hathor

I think the picture only shows one thing. Some old guy scamming everyone on his ability to walk. and I am kidding too btw
Old 01-29-2003, 02:02 PM   #8
Iron_Ranger
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally posted by Jorath Calar:
(I didn't mean any disrespect to US veterans, that picture is very glorious... and I salute that soldier. it's just the setup of the page... it speaks more than million words of american hypocrisy... If you scroll down you really have to wonder what the poor man feels that what he fought for was actually worth fighting for... USA, United States Of Advertising)
Dude..just..Nevermind. What Iceland doesnt have Advertising? Really now what the hell was the point of that post? Looks to me like you were just trying to find a way to slide some american bashing in, where it is REALLY inappropriate. Really now, I would like you to explain to me why you posted that?
<br />[url]\"http://www.bratgirlcentral.com/cgi-bin/ouapforum/ikonboard/ikonboard.cgi\" target=\"_blank\">Once Upon A Paper</a><br />Living on a razors edge<br />Balancing on ledge<br />Living on a razors edge
Old 01-29-2003, 02:30 PM   #9
Jorath Calar
Harper

Quote:
Originally posted by Iron_Ranger:
quote:
Dude..just..Nevermind. What Iceland doesnt have Advertising? Really now what the hell was the point of that post? Looks to me like you were just trying to find a way to slide some american bashing in, where it is REALLY inappropriate. Really now, I would like you to explain to me why you posted that?[/QUOTE]No bashing of americans, just the way some of you try to make money of *EVERYTHING*!!! Usually by injecting people first with strong emotions, like pride, fear or patriotism.

I'm just sick of it... sorry.

And yes we have advertising in Iceland... but they usually try not to sell there products based on tragedies, for instance, if a plane would hit a mall here or a big building... you'd probably not see a trade card game made out of it.

Try to show some respect...
Old 01-29-2003, 02:47 PM   #10
Iron_Ranger
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
qb]No bashing of americans, just the way some of you try to make money of *EVERYTHING*!!! Usually by injecting people first with strong emotions, like pride, fear or patriotism.

I'm just sick of it... sorry.

And yes we have advertising in Iceland... but they usually try not to sell there products based on tragedies, for instance, if a plane would hit a mall here or a big building... you'd probably not see a trade card game made out of it.

Try to show some respect...[/QB]
Uhhh..Call me an idiot, but those little links at the bottom of the page I dont think had anything to do with the message of the page.
You didnt answer my question, BTW.

[ 01-29-2003, 02:49 PM: Message edited by: Iron_Ranger ]
<br />[url]\"http://www.bratgirlcentral.com/cgi-bin/ouapforum/ikonboard/ikonboard.cgi\" target=\"_blank\">Once Upon A Paper</a><br />Living on a razors edge<br />Balancing on ledge<br />Living on a razors edge