Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 10-06-2001, 10:51 PM   #1
Fuzzy Animal
Zhentarim Guard

I've really never taken Aerie for very
long, I want to know if she is a good
character to finish the game with.
Yes I know she is so darn cute, but will
she pull her weight in the party?
Old 10-06-2001, 11:12 PM   #2
paulisill
Elite Waterdeep Guard

well she always does good for me...i havent finished the game yet...but she can learn a lot of spells...and has reasonable hp so i'd say she is..
Old 10-07-2001, 01:43 AM   #3
tusitha

IMHO she is an excellent Mage/Cleric to have in the intial stages of the game, in the first 3 chapters, but towards the end her rather slow leveling-up will place her behind the more powerful NPCs like Imoen and Nalia (spell casting-wise). But you will need to keep her if you are pursuing a romance, if not then Nalia or Anomen are good alternatives (depending on what your party needs most, a mage or cleric).

Also you might need to keep that Rod of Ressurection handy cause you gonna have to use regularly with her since that sub 50-60 HP will not cut anymore.

Just my thougts on this....

------------------
Tusitha R. Jayatunge
====================

Old 10-07-2001, 02:10 AM   #4
crymson77
Manshoon

I give aerie five stars. By the end of SOA I had her up to level 19 level cleric/17 level mage. But she was ne of the very first people I picked up. And I think by that point I had already exceeded the XP cap... Anyway with a belt of giant strengh she eventually becomes a half decent fighter. just for when she runs out of spells though. thats just my thoughts though...
Old 10-07-2001, 04:26 PM   #5
Vampire

I have a clan of over 30 followers dedicated to Aerie!
It's called the ALSB (Aerie Loving Sacred Band)
Do you wanna join?

------------------
Old 10-07-2001, 07:31 PM   #6
andrewas
Harper

Although i havent got it yet, aerie is the only one of my party who is prof with hammers, and so will be getting crom fayer. just think, cute elf that can carry three quarters of a ton(imperial)

Besides, shes got the healing AND direct offensive, and is the best at low level spells, and with TOB the exp cap is high enough for her to get level 9 as well.

only prob with my plan is that jaheira is gonna lose her gloves of ogre power. sigh
Old 10-07-2001, 08:17 PM   #7
Darth Bob
Drow Warrior

She's been a great accet to my group, I know that, and theres sone "special" dialog you can get, and maybe, if your lucky, a very "special" nighttime activity that Aerie does with you, if your male..........
Old 10-07-2001, 08:28 PM   #8
crymson77
Manshoon

I love aerie, but I don't see why there is all these clans and the like. Because for all of the hundreds, if not thousands, of followers she has, there is still only one aerie... And I don't think shes that kind of girl...
Old 10-08-2001, 03:15 AM   #9
Vampire

Quote:
Originally posted by crymson77:
I love aerie, but I don't see why there is all these clans and the like. Because for all of the hundreds, if not thousands, of followers she has, there is still only one aerie... And I don't think shes that kind of girl...
Hey don't you say bad things about Aerie now.. she's our goddess

------------------
Old 10-08-2001, 03:59 AM   #10
Amergin
Zhentarim Guard

im trying to use aerie as my only mage. currently in spellhold and havent had any problems so far. with an invisibility spell or staff of the magi she can turn undead till the cows come home.

although i think i will miss a few spells like horrid wilting, by the time my previous mages were able to cast 7/8th level spells, the rest of my party was already beefy enough to not need them. im hoping that this will make her as a mage a necessity rather than a luxury. and for all those tough mage battles those higher level spells are so good for, i still have yet to find a spell better than Polymorph Self:mustard jelly for sucking up all those nasty enemy spells. the rest of the party can shoot down any summoned monsters while she scoffs at the petty magics being hurled at her 100% magic resistant, slime covered form.