Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-18-2001, 07:54 PM   #1
Archaon
Elite Waterdeep Guard

well the first time i played through i though yoshimo sucked, but now that i see hes the only pure thief and has awesome thief skills and can set lotsa traps i've been using him in my party.

Problem is i keep hearing bout his backstabbing you in spellhold. First time i played i never had him but now i do. is there anyway i can keep him wothout him dying in spellhold..hes just so cool.

If the anwser is no can anyone else suggest a good thief with lots of points in detect trap sand open locks?.

Archaon

------------------
Master Of Sorcery... Slave To Darkness
Old 03-18-2001, 07:58 PM   #2
tub-e
Elite Waterdeep Guard

You should try ctrl-q him when he's about to fight you in spell hold. I know that it's cheating, but it's the only way I really know to keep him around.

------------------
-------------------------
tub-e
Old 03-18-2001, 08:01 PM   #3
Accord
Ninja Storm Shadow

SPOILER:
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
You can keep Yoshimo alive in Chp4 by: Before you enter the Spellhold, drop him off at an inn that is accessible. You should drop him off inside the inn near the exit. Once you finished the Spellhold, return to the inn and as soon as you walk in, hit space bar to pause the game. Then assign your PC to talk to Yoshimo and ask him to join your party. As soon as the game unpause and the dialogue ends (if you have done it correctly), Yoshimo will die due to a geas. Next set is just resurrect him either by spell or through temple.

If you don't want him, Jan is also a good choice, as well as Imoen. Like I have said before, you only need a decent thief to get through the game, you don't need to have the "best" thief. And Yoshimo is a bounty hunter, hence he only gets 20 points to distribute per level advanced.

------------------
Long live H22A1!!!!!
Old 03-18-2001, 08:04 PM   #4
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Accord, and you are still here! no wonder you are Drizzt now
Old 03-18-2001, 08:09 PM   #5
Accord
Ninja Storm Shadow

Ah....I see Yorick has competition now!
Yeah, this forum keeps me awake from all those horribly boring text books and assignments.

------------------
Long live H22A1!!!!!