Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 10-18-2001, 07:30 PM   #1
Maxhome
Welcomed New User

I'm stuck! Aerie is getting stuck in a dialogue loop, and I can't find the same problem on the bugfix lists I've seen.
I'm in Ch2, ploughing through quests, the romance with Aerie is I think finished. I'm about to go to the Druid grove near Trademeet. I've gone back to Athkatla to resupply, but whenever I go to the Promenade Aerie tells Cernd he doesn't look comfortable, Jaheira that her hair looks nice, and then repeats this on and on and on...
I seem to be ok if I go elsewhere. But once it's started, I have to reload, there's no way I can find of stopping the constant interruptions.
Can anyone help?

Thanks in advance.

Max
Old 10-18-2001, 07:44 PM   #2
Grojlach
Zartan

How about kicking her temporary out of the party when you visit Waukeens promenade ?
Of course, I realize that would mess up the romance script for Throne of Bhaal, even though you said it's already finished... But furthermore? I have no idea how to solve it.

------------------
Not a member of any clan and is cool with that.
For online roleplaying, check The Elysium Gaming Project.

[This message has been edited by Grojlach (edited 10-18-2001).]
Old 10-18-2001, 07:50 PM   #3
Grojlach
Zartan

Oh and another thing, that little lantern thingy on the lower right part of the screen, below the party portraits... Can't you use that one to temporarily switch off party interactivity? Just a thought, I never turned it off myself so I'm not an expert but perhaps that would work in this case?

------------------
Not a member of any clan and is cool with that.
For online roleplaying, check The Elysium Gaming Project.
Old 10-18-2001, 09:30 PM   #4
JR Jansen
Drizzt Do'Urden

That last suggestion wont work. That lantern is sollely used to turn combat AI of or onn.

JR

Damned i lost cousin Jan's techno gloves
Old 10-20-2001, 05:29 AM   #5
Maxhome
Welcomed New User

Thanks for the ideas.

I seem to have made progress by using the bugfix for the Quayle/Aerie loop - Aerie now shuts up, though she and Cernd don't quite cooperate. I think I'll try getting rid of him and see how that goes.

Anyway, thanks again for the help!

Max