Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-14-2002, 12:11 AM   #1
Sparhawk
Quintesson

I noticed the harpers pin when Cheesing with Shadowkeeper and I started wondering...since this is an in game item someone in the game must posess this beauty...And my thief would REALLY like to liberate this item from its owner
So Who has it?
"Between the years when the oceans drank Atlantis and the rise of the sons of Arius. There was an age undreamed of, when shining kingdoms lay spread across the world. Hither came Conan, the cimmarian, sword in hand. It is I, his chronicler who knows well his saga. Now let me tell you of the days of high adventure!"

"Unleash the Casey!"

"Make no mistake, should you choose to test my resolve in this matter, you will be looking at an outcome that will have a finality, that is beyound your comprehension. And you will not counting the days or the months or the years, but milleniums in a place with no doors!"
Sparhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2002, 12:16 AM   #2
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Spoiler
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
You must have Jaheira in your party, romance her and you must make the 'good' decisions. Elminister will come along and reward her with the Harper pin if he deems her worthy.

Note: It takes very long for Elminister to come along, so be patient.

[ 02-14-2002: Message edited by: Dundee Slaytern ]

Dundee Slaytern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2002, 12:21 AM   #3
Evil Colm
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I'm not so sure that you have to be romancing her. I think i got it once for her when romancing viconia. But it was a long time since i played it, and my memory ain't the best as i drink too much.
Correct me if i'm wrong - but its just a matter of whether your Reputation is high enough when Elminster comes and asks her whether she did the right thing killing those Harpers.
Cheers
Old 02-14-2002, 12:22 AM   #4
Sparhawk
Quintesson

Aiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii....Dundee´s back

Thanx Meite...When U say long do U mean long or just loooooong?
"Between the years when the oceans drank Atlantis and the rise of the sons of Arius. There was an age undreamed of, when shining kingdoms lay spread across the world. Hither came Conan, the cimmarian, sword in hand. It is I, his chronicler who knows well his saga. Now let me tell you of the days of high adventure!"

"Unleash the Casey!"

"Make no mistake, should you choose to test my resolve in this matter, you will be looking at an outcome that will have a finality, that is beyound your comprehension. And you will not counting the days or the months or the years, but milleniums in a place with no doors!"
Old 02-14-2002, 12:25 AM   #5
Evil Colm
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I read somewhere once it can take from 10 -100 game days after he appears first. Though it never really took that long for me - about 10ish days
Old 02-14-2002, 12:35 AM   #6
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by Evil Colm:
I'm not so sure that you have to be romancing her. I think i got it once for her when romancing viconia. But it was a long time since i played it, and my memory ain't the best as i drink too much.
Correct me if i'm wrong - but its just a matter of whether your Reputation is high enough when Elminster comes and asks her whether she did the right thing killing those Harpers.
Cheers

I too am not sure whether you actually need to romance her, as the only time that I actually allowed her in the party was because I wanted to see what the romance was like. I have a nagging suspicious however, that the romance is not necessary, but to be on the safe side, I decided to go with the flow.

Also, you do need to respond correctly to the events, or people will really think you are evil, no matter how high your reputation is. Especially with regards to Jaheira, when she tries to seek reassurance from you that she did the right thing.
Old 02-14-2002, 12:37 AM   #7
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

PS: It took 30 days on my first try, and 90... days on my second.

I dunno what are the factors that determine how long it takes for Elminister to show up.
Old 02-14-2002, 12:39 AM   #8
Evil Colm
Elite Waterdeep Guard

oopps yeah sorry, thats what i meant - you have to have been good to her and nice and all (not romanced though) and have a good rep. Elminster asks her if She Feels SHE did the right thing by betraying the harpers to help you. Thus being nice to her and having a good rep.
helps her get the Pin
Old 02-14-2002, 12:45 AM   #9
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

And if you are a thief and have ToB, you can kill her and keep the pin for your own personal usage. [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img]

"Why does she need to die?"

Hush you! [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 02-14-2002, 12:58 AM   #10
Sparhawk
Quintesson

I wanna PUKE...I totally hate Jaheira....SHE is the reason I always make my own party or solo through the game....but I´m getting closer to that moment where I´d deem it nescesarry to Roleplay with NPCs.
I think I´m gonna go with:
Thief (me)
Jaheira
Minsc....´n Boo "Speep"
Edwin
Keldorn or Aemonen
and the last spot for one timers like Valygar...I need the good rep so I won´t go killin the poor man, but I´ll dump him instantly when we leave.

"Unleash the Casey!"