Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 10-02-2001, 09:01 PM   #11
deathknight
Drow Warrior

Jah is alright. If used effectivly she can be strong. The problem is that she just doesn't measure up to anomen. If you run both her and Anomen than that is fine but if you are only going to carry 1 of the 2 then anomen gets the nod. I also find her personality to grate on me worse than any other npc.
Old 10-02-2001, 11:40 PM   #12
Baron Nocturna
Dungeon Master

Jaheira is awesome. I think Harper's Call is what puts her over the top. Without it, I'd use (ugh) Anomen. With the proper gear she can be a great tank (as mentioned) and the summon fire elemental, iron skin and harm are great. Especially considering you can have her up front where the ironskin does some good. Not to mention, she is better looking than Anomen... Great with a sling too...

Baron Nocturna

------------------
Anyone care to see my Rod of Lordly Might?
Old 10-03-2001, 04:16 AM   #13
Zbyszek

She is great. Good spells and good tank. She is my third tank after me and Minsc and when I took Anomen to make his quest I was afraid to put him in a front line (AC=-1 with good armor, Jaheira has -6 without shield, but she got a lot of eq. since she is my romance interest )

Old 10-03-2001, 05:06 AM   #14
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

I hate her... I despise her... but I loveeee... killing her... the ecstatic shivers that run down my spine as I hear her vain screams and useless taunts. Oh! What satisfication my heart and soul felt as I threw minute meteor after minute meteor at her caged body.

And sometimes! When I am in a happy mood, I end her deserved misery early by impaling her with a flame arrow.

Oh! Oh! Oh! The pain and mental suffering I had to endure when I tried, just for comparision, a romance with Jaheira... ...

Sticking the Impaler +3 down her throat was getting harder and harder to resist with each passing day.

*sniff*

So yes... I HATE her! She can go to Hell to torment the devils and demons for all I care! Just keep her away from my plane of existence!

From a power-gamer's view though, Jaheira can be a worthy addition, oh my god! What am I saying?!?! Just kill her I say... ...

------------------
If not a Sorcerer casting total oblivion, then a Paladin meting out justice. Otherwise, I think I will just be a bard and torture my enemies with, "My Heart Will Go On".

Platinium Sorcerer of ALSB, Aerie Loving Sacred Band! She's MeowRrrr, and more!

-------------------------
Baldur's Gate Item Mart
Old 10-03-2001, 06:34 AM   #15
Link
Jack Burton

Jaheira rocks!! She can summon Fire Elementals in no time, so that's kewl!! And on top of that, she doesn't even have to "bargain" with them so they will turn out friendly or hostile.. She does die quickly in battle, so that's a minor..

------------------
I am committed to restore your faith in extreme violence...

Link
Overlord Executioner, Slayer of Fluffed Beings
Member of Clan HADB
Supreme Warrior of Myst
Official Entertainer in Cloudy's Cafe
Old 10-03-2001, 06:45 AM   #16
mistral4543
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

I hate it when Jaheira tries to be sarcastic ("Yes, our omni-present authority figure?") or bossy, but when it comes to the crunch, she is one loyal companion.

To improve her fighting abilities, give her a strength-enhancing item. Her druid spells such as insect plague can be lifesavers when your party members are generally at low to medium levels.

Anyway, I take her along because she has suffered so much for my PC's sake. It feels really wrong to abandon her after all her sacrifices.
Old 10-03-2001, 06:52 AM   #17
Vampire

Quote:
Originally posted by Dundee Slaytern:
I hate her... I despise her... but I loveeee... killing her... the ecstatic shivers that run down my spine as I hear her vain screams and useless taunts. Oh! What satisfication my heart and soul felt as I threw minute meteor after minute meteor at her caged body.

And sometimes! When I am in a happy mood, I end her deserved misery early by impaling her with a flame arrow.

Oh! Oh! Oh! The pain and mental suffering I had to endure when I tried, just for comparision, a romance with Jaheira... ...

Sticking the Impaler +3 down her throat was getting harder and harder to resist with each passing day.

*sniff*

So yes... I HATE her! She can go to Hell to torment the devils and demons for all I care! Just keep her away from my plane of existence!

From a power-gamer's view though, Jaheira can be a worthy addition, oh my god! What am I saying?!?! Just kill her I say... ...

Dundee! Remember the ALSB supports Jaheira as well!
Jaheira lost her husband for your main character and she is awsome wearing Full Plate and casting Druid Spells.

------------------
Old 10-03-2001, 07:02 AM   #18
Sharpedge
Zhentarim Guard

Quote:
Originally posted by Dundee Slaytern:

*sniff*

So yes... I
HATE her! She can go to Hell to torment the devils and demons for all I care! Just keep her away from my plane of existence!

Ye gods Dundee! I've met some people that dislike Jaheira in my time but that was just venomous!

Jaheira used to be a staple member for any sort of party I was putting together. She was also the first character that I romanced. However, after finding the obvious charms of Viconia who fills the roll of cleric (and, IMHO, love interest) much more admirably then Jaheira, I don't tend to use her that much.

However, she is a nice all round character with skills that will compliment any party. I've no real objection to her 'personality' either, despite the occasional griping.

------------------

"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate.

Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure."
Old 10-03-2001, 09:38 AM   #19
hagimihale
Manshoon

Jaheira has been a solid member of my party. Insect Plague and Summon Fire Elemental have been very useful spells, and her low ac (currently -7), good saving throws and high hit points allow me to keep her up front. She is a bit blunt at times but I dont mind her personality as much as some.
Old 10-03-2001, 09:44 AM   #20
Bahamut
Iron Throne Cult

I've said it before I'd say it again... she is the most versatile player in the game! Not even Aerie can surpass her in Versatility!

She can tank, she cast spells, she can be at the back to whop some booty when they come huntin' your mage or something... Oh! Plus romance too!

------------------

Chaotic Cavalier of ALSB, protector of the Innocent, slayer of the mad...