Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-13-2001, 07:06 PM   #1
skywalker
Banned User

I know where they supposed to be, I think it's supposed to be on the north side of Skull Island.

I killed 1 (in a different area), and got its' hide, but Talrik wouldn't take it. Somehow I dropped it and I think it just dissappeared, because I can't find it. Now none show up at all. I've the game set to respawn - high, so I'm not sure why they aren't around.

Anyone else have this problem?

Mark
skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2001, 07:57 PM   #2
Lorelei

Longtooths abound over at the Isle of Sands, west of the Lost Sea, once you get through Anephas' Tomb. They aren't nearly as frequent at the Skull Castle island. They may also show up at the area on the Enchanted Isle where the leprechaun is, so don't just visit one area. And while you're hunting... you might want to take advantage of your frequent spawn level and get lots of conch shells from the crabs, as the kits you get from Buckley (??) aren't consistent (you may get three masks and a rebreather from one set of shells, or you may get two rebreathers and only one mask). Good luck!
Old 01-13-2001, 07:58 PM   #3
Moni

Not me, sorry! I had one attack me in front of Skull Castle & I took its hide without knowing yet what it was for...had it in my inventory when I first talked to Talrik.
Since then, 2 more attacked in front of Skull Castle & two more in front of the Temple Shrine...got the map with the first one so I haven't picked up any more, otherwise I'd Fed-X one your way!
: )
Moni
Old 01-13-2001, 08:06 PM   #4
Davros
Takhisis Follower

Skywalker,

If you had a hide, and Talrik wouldn't accept it, then the reason will most likely be that you have already given him 6 hooks from the pawnshop to complete 6 rogues guild quests for your party. His inventory is full if you did that. You must now pickpocket a hook or 2 back off him to get him enough space in his inventory to accept the longtooth hide. This one frustrated me for quite a while, and was quite a good thread back about early December - called something like "Woohoo - Plan F worked".
Davros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2001, 08:15 PM   #5
skywalker
Banned User

Davros: You're absolutely right. I have all members of the party doing all the quests. I had that problem with Torin and the dragon arrows. I had to steal some back to give all 6. I forgot about the NPCs getting "full up"

Thanx, for the heads up. I don't think I would have been able to come up with it on my own. Them's the breaks when you try to do it all with your party!

Now if I can just find some longtooth tigers.

Thanx to you Lorelei for more locations to find them.

You too, Moni, for the Fedex offer.

Mark
skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2001, 03:06 AM   #6
James

I guess I got lucky. Right after I got done talking with Talrik about gettin him the hides 2 of them attacked me, right there next to him.
Old 01-14-2001, 03:09 AM   #7
James

Another thing. Can anyone give me a more specific location of Talrik's Treasure. I haven't been able to find it yet. =/
Old 01-14-2001, 03:16 AM   #8
Moni

I think it is in the lost sea...you can't get to it til you go through The Temple Shrine.
Old 01-14-2001, 04:21 AM   #9
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Talrik's treasure is at the "faux" entrance to Collasium. BTW, it's nothing to write home about.

-Saz
Sazerac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2001, 10:07 AM   #10
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Rather interesting that the game can be so random in which monsters appear where. I had no trouble finding longtooths. Already had a hide in my inventory by the time I located Talrik. And like James, I had more attack me right next to Talrik.

Talrik doesn't care where the hide comes from - Skull island or Ishkabibble - doesn't matter to him, just as long as it is a longtooth hide.

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote