Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 08-29-2001, 08:20 AM   #1
Goofy
Welcomed New User

I forgot Jansen's gun somewhere.
Is any chance I get it back ?
Old 08-29-2001, 08:27 AM   #2
Link
Jack Burton

Either you recall where it was, or you have to use Shadowkeeper. No other way. As i don't use Shadowkeeper, someone else should help you get the code for Jan's Gun.

------------------
In the foul darkness one figure will emerge to save the world from evil and despair.... Light flashes as his sword comes down, and thunder rolls through the sky when he points his sword up to heaven to signal his victory....People whisper his name as he walks by, evil tries to hide as they sense his presence nearby.... His name? Link......
Old 08-29-2001, 11:56 AM   #3
Epona
Zartan

Don't sweat it - there are much better crossbows in the game.

SPOILERS
Crossbow of speed - Copper Coronet, is excellent and Jan can use it.

------------------

Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so.

Epona of The Laughing Hyenas
Old 08-29-2001, 01:13 PM   #4
Debaser

yeah, i wouldn't worry about it. there ARE better crossbows in the game, and I personally think that his crossbow and the bolts he can create daily are kind of lame consdering the other items of power you find in the game.
Old 08-29-2001, 02:21 PM   #5
IrishHound
Dungeon Master

I have to disagree on the choice of crossbows for, Jan. If you use his special ammo along with a few doom spells or greater malison spell, it's awesome, stuns enemies left and right, but that's my view, to each his own.

------------------
To quote the pestering peasant, Neeber, of tradesmeet: "I killed a rabid rabbit! I'm experienced, now!"
Old 08-29-2001, 04:11 PM   #6
Drawde1
The Magister

I'm fairly certain though that you can fire the "Flasher Master Bruiser Mates" or whatever they're called, from ANY crossbow, not just Jan's special one.
Old 08-29-2001, 10:26 PM   #7
Hayashi
Silver Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by Drawde1:
I'm fairly certain though that you can fire the "Flasher Master Bruiser Mates" or whatever they're called, from ANY crossbow, not just Jan's special one.
I can vouch for that - his special ammo *can* be fired from any crossbow (speaking from experience here).

------------------
"Butt-kicking for goodness!" - Minsc
"Cities always teem with evil and decay. Let's give it a good shake and SEE WHAT FALLS OUT!!" - Minsc
Old 08-30-2001, 01:25 AM   #8
Goofy
Welcomed New User

Quote:
Originally posted by Drawde1:
NICE HELP ! I thought I can shoot the special projectils only with Jan's gun.
I had not use it for long time, but every day I have made projectils, so I have about 30 missiles. When I had all attact spells used, I say: What about surprise monsters ? A aaa "Jan, where have U your bombard ?" :->>
Thank's one's more.
Old 08-30-2001, 01:29 AM   #9
Amergin
Zhentarim Guard

isnt his ammo too heavy for him to stockpile like that? every other ammo has a weight of zero, but bruiser mates are one pound EACH. and you can only stack them 5 at a time. not worth it. just grab some sahuagin, kuo-toa, and drow bolts. some of those stun or sleep.
Old 08-30-2001, 01:53 AM   #10
Hayashi
Silver Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by Amergin:
isnt his ammo too heavy for him to stockpile like that? every other ammo has a weight of zero, but bruiser mates are one pound EACH. and you can only stack them 5 at a time. not worth it. just grab some sahuagin, kuo-toa, and drow bolts. some of those stun or sleep.
Easily overcome by equipping him with a strength-enhancing girdle.