Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-20-2003, 06:02 PM   #1
Timber Loftis
40th Level Warrior

Take a look at this problem, and tell me what you think:

http://www.lurm.com/
Old 02-20-2003, 06:24 PM   #2
gaunty
The Magister

plants (ya know tress, flowers and weeds) can used in many ways.
find a super weed that will grow in ANY thing ( like the american dandie lion )
plant it and grow it as if your running a farm. during growth the weeds will store the bad stuff in the leaves. harvest weeds often and take them away to the death valley and burn them. A gold mining tip. gold has been found in tree leaves above a gold vane.
Old 02-20-2003, 08:56 PM   #3
antryg
Fzoul Chembryl

It's hard to know what to say. Is this a website hosted by the homeowners association? Is it a tool as part of a lawsuit? It seems to outline the history of the problem but doesn't address what my concerns would be. Is there an ongoing health study for the residents? Why is the cleanup still going on over 2 years after the projected completion of the project. If it so dangerous why are people still living there? What about Federal govt./Superfund involvment? What about liability of the utility company who caused the problem?
Old 02-20-2003, 10:19 PM   #4
MagiK

It is a nice site, seems well constructed, and I had no glitches with the text display.

Or are you refering to what I think of the issues reported on the site? There is a lot of infonot in the history lesson, such as the zoning of the surrounding areas when the company disposed of it's waste, what was told to prospective builders when theymoved in, what were home owners aware of? Did the take advantage of discounted property values due to the location? Ie. did they go bargain shopping then find out they didn't like the deal they made?

Lots to know about the situation. As for what should be done, depends on who owns the land now.

I know you dislike geneticly modified anything but I am aware of several groups who research geneticly modified bacteria to dispose of these kinds of chemical wastes.