Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 11-04-2001, 04:49 AM   #41
Kaz
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

"Mistral... this is not your fault. I know you would never betray Larry... why do you believe this - Fabian?
I... I am sorry, I cannot think of any temples that could help you."
Old 11-04-2001, 05:02 AM   #42
Neb
Account deleted by Request

Neb looked over his shoulder to see whether his brother was still pursuing him, he was, good, thought Neb, we should be far enough away from the others by now, Neb jumped to the roof of a large house, Neb ran across the roof and stopped, turning around to face his brother, understanding that he wished to fight and stop running, his brother landed on the opposite side of the roof, they kept a close watch on each other as they each prepared a spell, trying to figure out what the other was casting so they could counter it.

[ 11-04-2001: Message edited by: Neb ]

Old 11-04-2001, 05:26 AM   #43
mistral4543
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

(ooc: Severe server problems It keeps hanging whenever I leave this thread to check other ones on the board... I want to talk to your character more, Kaz, but this is impossible. I have rebooted my PC about 20 times today because of all this hanging Pls go ahead without me, everyone... I will post when I have the chance... if you follow me, you'll likely be stuck waiting for my reply [img]redface.gif[/img] )

At Kaz's reply, her hopeful face crumbles. Her mind distracted, she begins to mutter to herself ~ "There must be a way... I will not give up... I cannot burden Larry like this..." ~ Absently, she begins wandering down the streets, her feet dragging on the ground.
Old 11-04-2001, 05:32 AM   #44
Kaz
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

OOC: Sorry to hear that Mistral. I wasn't on for half of yesterday either because of cache problems... ended up setting my cache to 0, now this is sloow...
I need to do some things today anyway I hate physics, I hate physics, I hate physics
Old 11-04-2001, 05:51 AM   #45
mistral4543

(ooc: I've cleared my cache as well, Kaz... still hanging away merrily and very slow, too. And I hate physics too.

Guess I'll move my character around for a while if possible, and get her back before the rest return to post)
Old 11-04-2001, 05:56 AM   #46
Neb
Account deleted by Request

Neb flung a fireball at his brother who created a Wall of Iron between them, the fireball smashed into the wall, doing little damage, the wall, however was only temporary as the roof could not support it's massive weight for long, the roof beneath the wall collapsed and it fell down, leaving a large hole between the two sorcerers who were once again trying to predict what the other would do.
Old 11-04-2001, 06:03 AM   #47
SSJ4Sephiroth
Beholder

Sephi finishes fixing up the walls and goes back into the tavern for a spell fo relaxation. Taking a seat at the bar, he leaned forward. Do we have any drinks here yet? I'm absolutely worn out! And hey, when does the first bard arrive for entertainmet? We need to get people's attetion...
Old 11-04-2001, 09:43 AM   #48
mistral4543

As she walks on in a daze, the bustle of activity in the city drones in her ears. Gradually, she feels the persistent tapping on her shoulder and snaps back to attention. Her eyes widen in surprise ~ "Delphine!" ~ Glancing around nervously, she finally relaxes as she realizes that the elven cleric is quite alone. ~ "What a pleasant surprise…" ~ Her voice trails off cautiously ~

Delphine gazes at her with concern ~ "You seem a shadow of your past, Mistral… I'm glad I've made this trip today; I rushed here as soon as I could... and I had to ask around for directions as to your whereabouts." ~ She swallows a gulp before continuing ~ "I came to speak to you about that fateful night…" ~ Seeing the colour ebb from Mistral's cheeks, she hurries on ~ "I don't mean to inflict further pain on you, Mistral. I'm here to tell the truth." ~

Mistral's body begins to quiver. With an effort, she croaks ~ "What do you have to tell me?" ~ She feels her hands freezing and shudders involuntarily ~

"That you are truly intact, in both mind and body. Fabian did not touch you other than to carry you to your bed and place you there." ~ At the sight of the ray of hope in Mistral's eyes, she smiles and explains ~ "You were intoxicated that night, but he wasn't. He watched over you during the hours of night and dawn till you awoke, sitting by your side…" ~ The tone of envy in her voice is unmistakable ~ "I think he would sooner have died than actually harm you like that. You have misunderstood him… his love for you was so great that he was driven to such desperate and unorthodox methods." ~

Taking a deep breath, she carries on with her tale ~ "I stood outside your window, witnessing this scene…throughout the entire period…though my heart was quite broken, I did not expose him, because I wanted him to be happy… as long as he was so, I would have been contented." ~ She sighs heavily ~ "I seem to have made an error of judgement. Please forgive me." ~

Mistral's heart begins to swell unbearably with ecstacy ~ "There's nothing to forgive… on the contrary, I should be the one thanking you… thank you." ~ The tears begin to trickle down her cheeks, and she hastily wipes them away, awaiting Delphine's next words. ~

"I must go now. Fabian needs me… he has gone quite mad, and I'm the only one who will have him." ~ A look of irony tinged with weariness crosses the elf-maiden's face. ~ "Oh yes, before I forget… once I had ascertained that Fabian was insane, I informed the whole house of the truth regarding this event. Fabian and I were driven away, as expected… and everyone has left out of a sense of guilt and shame to you and Lord Freelight. The House of Freelight is now deserted, awaiting its rightful mistress… and now, I really must go. Farewell, Mistral." ~ With that, she curtsies to Mistral, turns and leaves.
Old 11-04-2001, 09:46 AM   #49
Killing Spree
Mephistopheles

~As Mistral leaves she watches the puppy squirming in Larry's arm. A wide grin spreads across her face.~ "So what are you going to call him Larry? I haden't the time to name this batch." ~She laughs as the pup gives a howl of protest at being constrained.~ "I've just been calling him little bundle of chaos!!"
Old 11-04-2001, 10:11 AM   #50
mistral4543

As she nears the tavern, her crazed sprint ceases. Cheeks glowing from the exercise and at the sight of Larry through the window, she gestures for Isabeau to enter the tavern first. Her familiar instantly obeys, swooping into the room with a shriek and landing on the counter.

Taking a deep breath, Mistral walks forth and pushes the door open. Euphoria still spurting from the inner depths of her soul, her fingers play with the ribbons of her cloak. She walks towards Larry, her eyes alight with dancing sparks and her lips, trembling with unspoken rapture...finally, she nears him and lowers her head to avoid all the enquiring gazes directed at herself.

Her body quivering furiously, she stares at her boots in fascination and her left hand presses against the adjacent pillar in an effort to steady herself. Her right hand restlessly twirls the curl of her raven black hair.

(ooc: Going to bed now; g'nite! Larry - pls drag my character for me…thanks )

[ 11-04-2001: Message edited by: mistral4543 ]