Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-11-2001, 12:41 AM   #1
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

I saw a website, this website tells me I can get 4 DVDs for 49 CENTS each!!

(I am not making this post an advertisement, so I am not giving the link here, if you want to know the link, ask)

anyway, I checked, and they are offering a variaty of DVDs, all new and good. I mean, what the hell? is this believable? did I miss something here? anyone has been coned by this before? is this a con?

thanks

Old 10-11-2001, 12:45 AM   #2
SSJ4Sephiroth
Beholder

its probably a con for some DVD club... i dont completely understand that concept, i just know my parents told me not to join one .

------------------
It's simple. Once the Planet is hurt, it gathers Spirit Energy to heal the injury. The amount of energy gathered depends on the size of the injury...What would happen if there was an injury that threatened the very life of the Planet? Think how much energy would be gathered! Ha, ha, ha. And at the center of that injury, wil be me. All that boundless energy will be mine. By merging with the energy of the Planet, I will be come a new life form, a new existence. Melding with the Planet, I will cease to exist as I am now. Only to be reborn as a 'God' to rule over every living soul.

What are you saying? Are you trying to tell me you have feelings now? Ha, ha, ha... Stop acting as if you're sad. And there's no need to act as if you're angry either. Because, Cloud, you are... a puppet.

Super Sephiroth, slayer of the Uber Fluffy, and battle co-ordionator and defender of the HADB clan.
Follower of the mighty Fallen Paladin himself.
Diplomacy is all and well, but HADB is better!
Head of the IronWorks Intelligence Division
Official Soup Server and bumper of Cloudy's Cafe
Possessor of the Aerie Diamond Head from the ALSB.
Page in the Court of Lady Lioness

Stalking the woodlands,
the Lioness in my sight,
warm feelings doth come,
into my lonely heart
Old 10-11-2001, 12:45 AM   #3
John D Harris
Ninja Storm Shadow

Read the fine print, they may want you to join a club where you have to order so many DVD's at full price a year. IF it sounds to good to be true it usally is.

------------------
Crustiest of the OLD COOTS
Airline ticket to Afghanistan $800
High powered rifle with scope $1000
Hotel room with roof access $100
A clean Head shot on that sack of Horse Manure Usuma Bin Laden PRICELESS!
Old 10-11-2001, 12:53 AM   #4
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

this is their member shipping term:

You get 4 DVDs for 49˘ each plus $1.99 each shipping and handling

As a Club member, all you need to do is buy 4 more movies in the next 2 years at regular Club prices (currently as low as $19.95 plus shipping and handling). You may cancel anytime thereafter.

ADVANCE BONUS OFFER!

Take a 5th movie now for $14.95 (plus $1.99 shipping and handling)and you need only buy 3 more movies instead of 4 in the next 2 years.

As soon as you become a member, you're eligible for private Club offerings and special sales! Once you've completed your purchase requirement, you are also automatically enrolled in the Club's Bonus Plan, which entitles you to additional great savings on the DVDs you want.

You will receive a free DVD Club magazine about every 4 weeks, as well as some Special Selection mailings. That will give you up to 17 buying opportunities per year! If you want the Director's Selection, do nothing ---it will be sent automatically. If you prefer an alternate selection, more selections or none at all, just mail the response card or visit our web site by the date specified. You will always have at least 10 days to decide. If not, you may return the Director's Selection at our expense and we will credit your account.

Your introductory package is sent on a 10-day trial basis and includes complete details of membership. If you are not completely satisfied, you may return that package at our expense to cancel your membership and we will credit your account.

Offer limited to customers of the contiguous United States and may be withdrawn at any time. Residents of Alaska, Hawaii, Puerto Rico, U.S. territories, APO and FPO addresses, please write or e-mail us for a separate offer. (Tax added to orders in states where applicable.)

All applications are subject to review. Columbia House reserves the right to request additional information, to reject any application or to cancel any membership.

If your application is accepted, your membership is subject to the terms and conditions of our Membership Agreement, which we will send you with your introductory package.

anything unusual?
Old 10-11-2001, 12:56 AM   #5
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

as I am reading this, this agreement gives me an impression of

buy buy buy buy...

crap... but I dont know exactly which line is telling me "once you enroll, you have to buy this." anyone?
Old 10-11-2001, 12:57 AM   #6
SSJ4Sephiroth
Beholder

yup, its a club. i wouldnt sign up, they keep sending and you have to keep buying...

------------------
It's simple. Once the Planet is hurt, it gathers Spirit Energy to heal the injury. The amount of energy gathered depends on the size of the injury...What would happen if there was an injury that threatened the very life of the Planet? Think how much energy would be gathered! Ha, ha, ha. And at the center of that injury, wil be me. All that boundless energy will be mine. By merging with the energy of the Planet, I will be come a new life form, a new existence. Melding with the Planet, I will cease to exist as I am now. Only to be reborn as a 'God' to rule over every living soul.

What are you saying? Are you trying to tell me you have feelings now? Ha, ha, ha... Stop acting as if you're sad. And there's no need to act as if you're angry either. Because, Cloud, you are... a puppet.

Super Sephiroth, slayer of the Uber Fluffy, and battle co-ordionator and defender of the HADB clan.

Stalking the woodlands,
the Lioness in my sight,
warm feelings doth come,
into my lonely heart
Old 10-11-2001, 12:58 AM   #7
Jafin
Symbol of Cyric

I'm sure there's a catch, check the fine print

-Jafin

------------------

Proud Citizen of the United States of America
The Original Arch-Mage of the HADB
Destroyer of the evil Bunnies
Proprietor of the Boogre Bar
The not-so-secret admirer of Lioness
Mage of the Court of Lady Lioness
Old 10-11-2001, 12:58 AM   #8
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Quote:
Originally posted by Jafin:
I'm sure there's a catch, check the fine print

-Jafin

whats a fine print? the agreement? if that is what you meant, I posted up there, but I DON'T see the exact thing that I have to buy there...
Old 10-11-2001, 01:09 AM   #9
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

this is their member shipping term:

You get 4 DVDs for 49?each plus $1.99 each shipping and handling

this is obvious

As a Club member, all you need to do is buy 4 more movies in the next 2 years at regular Club prices (currently as low as $19.95 plus shipping and handling). You may cancel anytime thereafter.

that means I have to buy 4 more DVDs in next two years, for at least $20.00 each? well, not bad, since I want to buy them.

ADVANCE BONUS OFFER!

Take a 5th movie now for $14.95 (plus $1.99 shipping and handling)and you need only buy 3 more movies instead of 4 in the next 2 years.

... ok, acceptable

As soon as you become a member, you're eligible for private Club offerings and special sales! Once you've completed your purchase requirement, you are also automatically enrolled in the Club's Bonus Plan, which entitles you to additional great savings on the DVDs you want.

what the heck is this Club Bonus Plan? and why am I "automatically" enrolled? I hate the term "automatically". entitles me to great savings on DVDs I want, that is a hint that I have to buy?

You will receive a free DVD Club magazine about every 4 weeks, as well as some Special Selection mailings. That will give you up to 17 buying opportunities per year!

wow... hold on there, 17? what does it mean by "opportunity"? something required?

If you want the Director's Selection, do nothing ---it will be sent automatically. If you prefer an alternate selection, more selections or none at all, just mail the response card or visit our web site by the date specified. You will always have at least 10 days to decide. If not, you may return the Director's Selection at our expense and we will credit your account.

so this Director's Selection thingin is a soemthing I have to cancle manually, correct? is this DVD? or just magazine? and 10 days to decide? lets see, it needs 5 days to arrive to me, and another 1 day till I check, then I send it back, bam, 11 days, past deadline...

Your introductory package is sent on a 10-day trial basis and includes complete details of membership. If you are not completely satisfied, you may return that package at our expense to cancel your membership and we will credit your account.

what is my introductory package?

Offer limited to customers of the contiguous United States and may be withdrawn at any time. Residents of Alaska, Hawaii, Puerto Rico, U.S. territories, APO and FPO addresses, please write or e-mail us for a separate offer. (Tax added to orders in states where applicable.)

All applications are subject to review. Columbia House reserves the right to request additional information, to reject any application or to cancel any membership.

If your application is accepted, your membership is subject to the terms and conditions of our Membership Agreement, which we will send you with your introductory package.

this is the key: that means I am not a member yet? does it mean, I can buy the cheapass DVDs and NOT become a member?
Old 10-11-2001, 01:13 AM   #10
SSJ4Sephiroth
Beholder

nope, im afraid you have to become a member to get the cheap-o DVDs... theyre an evil multinational corporation, do you THINK theyre giving away dvds for 49˘?

------------------

Stalking the woodlands,
the Lioness in my sight,
warm feelings doth come,
into my lonely heart