Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-24-2001, 07:16 PM   #1
Ziroc

Just wanted to tell you all that once we move this forum to the NEW server, all the crashing will stop. It's got more memory too.

I just don't want anyone to think that this is going to be the 'norm' from now on.. we're usually up 99.99999.9999% of the time

I've run my website since 1994 (wasn't tgeweb.com then), and in 1999 I bought my own domain. I started out on www.amtc.net/members/~ziroc then went to my domain.

PS: I have asked the guy that runs www.ironworks.com if he would sell his domain to me, but have yet to get an email. I've seen the site, and 'what a waste!!' I could make REAL good use of that domain! lol!

Ziroc

Old 03-24-2001, 07:43 PM   #2
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

Ziroc - I have to say I have been worried lately because I have seen a lot of other websites go down because of "overpopulation". The webmaster usually gets frustrated because he basically is doing all the work for free and just cannot continue anymore. I am extremely grateful for your generosity regarding your work re this board. Do not think that has not gone unnoticed! I wish I could do something to help you! This board has become a very special place for many of us and panic no doubt ensues when we are all disconnected from eachother. Thank you once again for making all of this possible!

------------------
Old 03-24-2001, 07:45 PM   #3
KDogRex
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally posted by ladyzekke:
Ziroc - I have to say I have been worried lately because I have seen a lot of other websites go down because of "overpopulation". The webmaster usually gets frustrated because he basically is doing all the work for free and just cannot continue anymore. I am extremely grateful for your generosity regarding your work re this board. Do not think that has not gone unnoticed! I wish I could do something to help you! This board has become a very special place for many of us and panic no doubt ensues when we are all disconnected from eachother. Thank you once again for making all of this possible!

Wow, can I just say for the record, DITTO!!!!!!
We all really appreciate all the work you put into this site and are very, VERY grateful!!! Thank you, Ziroc!!

------------------
-Resident Corset Loosener and Bard of the OHF
Old 03-25-2001, 12:18 AM   #4
Lord of Alcohol
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Ditto here to Ziroc. My main fear is all the flamers from BGdungeon will come here since that forum was shut down. Granted they wont have an easy time here, but they could cause tempers to flare and all that. I wasnt a member of that forum but went there to check it out after it was mentioned (Yorick-busted thread) and it was shut down. Felt sorry for the guy who ran it. He tried to put out something for everyone to enjoy and assholes ruined it. Thankfully, we arent that way and I dont think anyone on this forum would tolerate it. We have great moderaters and of course we have Ziroc! Just saying my little bit
Old 03-25-2001, 12:23 AM   #5
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Ziroc, THANKS!!!!! You are doing so much for so many people!

Cloudy

hey, LoA? you on the board now?
Old 03-25-2001, 12:26 AM   #6
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

LoA? It will NEVER get that way on this forum. Trust me. With our moderators and Ziroc in charge, it has no chance of becoming a flamefest. Or anything else undesirable. I plan to do all in my power to keep this a community !

Cloudy
Old 03-25-2001, 12:33 AM   #7
Asphyxiate
Manshoon

Quote:
Originally posted by Cloudbringer:
LoA? It will NEVER get that way on this forum. Trust me. With our moderators and Ziroc in charge, it has no chance of becoming a flamefest. Or anything else undesirable. I plan to do all in my power to keep this a community !

Cloudy
Amen sister. I've seen it happen lots of other places though. I wonder about the mindsets of people who have nothing else to do but slam other posters all day long. Boggling.

------------------
Old 03-25-2001, 12:41 AM   #8
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Asphyxiate:
Amen sister. I've seen it happen lots of other places though. I wonder about the mindsets of people who have nothing else to do but slam other posters all day long. Boggling.

Selfish? Stupid? Angry and frustrated and allowed to keep going without being given a set of guidelines or limits? Who knows Asphyxiate, who knows? (hey, I have trouble spelling your nick out, do you have a smaller one? cuz if you don't you may find me calling you Asp...LOLOLOL!)

All I know, is I'm not afraid to say what's on my mind and to ask for some respect for all of the participants on this board. Have done so in past and will do so in future. I agree to disagree with people without flaming. Simple as that. If we all remember that basic integrity is the key, we can debate and/or agree and get along just fine!

Cloudy
Old 03-25-2001, 12:52 AM   #9
Djinn Raffo
Ra

Just wanted to thank Ziroc for what is obviously alot of work.
It has not gone unnoticed...
Old 03-25-2001, 12:57 AM   #10
Asphyxiate
Manshoon

Forgot to mention this earlier Ziroc, Sterling work on these boards - seeing the quality of people brought here I imagine is reward in an of itself. So few niches left untouched by bullshit these days. Keep it up.

Oh and Cloudy -
Quote:
Originally posted by Cloudbringer:
(hey, I have trouble spelling your nick out, do you have a smaller one? cuz if you don't you may find me calling you Asp...LOLOLOL!)
Asp works - it's sly, poisonous and liable to strike out..

------------------