Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 03-16-2001, 04:53 AM   #11
WOLFGIR
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

hey guys!

Ertai I think i didm´t express my thought very well last night, so I will ell you this. Take my words and take them down to earth and read them and filtrate them a bit, remove about ten beers, two gin and tonic and about 4 big whiskeys.. OK, I think that you could use a starting page, boasting about OHF.. otherwise I´m just personally alergicl towards frameborders...

Good job on the rest!

------------------

Do electric wolves dream of electric sheep?
Old 03-16-2001, 07:07 AM   #12
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Ertai? Posting a title like this? Oh my! That was a naughty subterfuge, wasn't it?! LOL...keep working on the webpages, good stuff...oh and would you tell Memnoch, somebody dropped an icecream cone in the hallway. Real mess to be cleaned up...(snicker)

Cloudbringer/StormQueen
occasional ally of the OHF
Old 03-16-2001, 07:31 AM   #13
Bruce The Aussie
Fzoul Chembryl

nice page all though the text was a little small on my screen (its the old age)
its a little dark and bland (i licked the screen to see) but apart from that its coming along great. are you going to put downloadable items and such on the site?

------------------

Bruce The Aussie, Camp Barbarian Hunter OHF
Old 03-16-2001, 08:28 AM   #14
Black Knight
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Quote:
Originally posted by WOLFGIR:
Ertai, please understand this, Imean only this as critisiscm to develope your site, Im no master but:
Loose the frame borders, work more on an impressive start page, an insignia or something, and please change host! The commercial shit destroys the respectable name OHF, I could try to convince my friend to host you so yopu could get an advertisment free place..

OK, I´m seriously drunk, but also seriously true, so please do not take this rantings to serious, but I think you should have a great starting page, loose all the bla´ck and go for more vivid colors.. This is only ideas due to my humble opinion, If I were to be constructive in my rantings I would give you more creative stuff to go with and perhaps I will try one day, but I´m burning inside as it is.. Make something of it man, be proud, dont´dwell on it, be proud. Be f***ing proud man, you want something said in this cruel world you have to scream it out to them, and stand for it! No one can take that from you, so please! Make something you feel for, you don´t want to have a site saying the order of the holy flame dah dah dha

You wnat:
THE ORDER OF THE HOLY FLAME NEVER EVER FLICKER
Or something like that, stnd for it, be proud friend, stand tall and shout it out, no one will herar you otherwise..
Excuse the rantings of a wild,untamed howling drunk wolf but please, I knoe you have another idea deep inside!!!

I agree with the sponsers thing. It really detracts from a site. I know if I'm surfing, and I have to close three windows to get at what I want, I don't go back. And the Board thing is okay, but don't hesitate to change things. Try surfing the web and just look at the design of different sites. Go to your fav site and figure out what you like. I'm not critizing your site, I think you did a good job. But you can always improve.

BK
Old 03-16-2001, 01:55 PM   #15
Hesperex

Nice job Eratai,

few tips though (please don't take them as critisisms)

1 - lose the frame borders

2 - the title 'Order of the Holy Flame' should idealy be made into a jpg or a gif rather than just text. Same for your menue icons (see my site and the way i have done it) I will do this for u if you want.

3 - clean up the HTML a bit, MS Fpage has rather cluncky html at best.

------------------

Master Assassin of the Holy Flame.
My website http://hesperex.8k.com

[This message has been edited by Hesperex (edited 03-16-2001).]

Old 03-16-2001, 02:28 PM   #16
KDogRex
Symbol of Cyric

Looks good, but *OUCH* maybe it's just me, but the text appears to be very small compared to other sites. I really had to squint to read the names. Other than that, looks good!

------------------
-Resident Corset Loosener of the OHF
Old 03-16-2001, 05:58 PM   #17
Xanthul
Symbol of Cyric

Well

1.- Dark website. I used a black background because some of the Flame Gifs (the colored ones beside the links) have a black background, and if used a colored background the gifs looked like shit. So if anyone knows/can "clean" these gifs to have a transparent background, i will send them and change the site.

2.- The Host. Yeah, Geocities sucks because of the commercial banners but in editing and managing files is great. If you know a really good site, tell me (though moving from one host to another will be a complete headache...anyway i will have to do it)

3.- The Fonts. Yeah, I guess they are small. This is cause my Iexplorer is fucked up (damn MS) and i see ALL the fonts in EVERY webpage bigger than they are, so I see the clans site fonts fine. I guess I will have to set them larger. Anyway, does anybody know the way to fix the Iexplorer problem ??

4.- The History and Animations. Yeah, the history of the clan is a good thing to add. I will try it next week. About the anims and a nice start, damn, I NEED IT, but i just havent found the nice graphics. if someone has good animations and/or pictures let me know ok ??

5.- About the frames. Sorry but this is the only one in which i think i wont change. I like the frames navigation style cause its faster and easier to navigate. maybe i will have to resize them but i think i will keep them, unless the 80 % of the clan asks me to remove them. And wolfgir, you should be ashamed: Your webpage has frames !!! maybe i should add a presentation like the one you have though...

Well thanks for the tips to ya all

------------------
"Let my spells do the dirty work" Ertai, High Sorceror of the Holy Flame
Old 03-16-2001, 07:42 PM   #18
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Ertai, the frames make navigation from and to your general site HARDER...most browsers are not the state of the art brand new MS ones and MS Front page is a bear with garbage in it's html coding...lots of proprietary stuff thrown in.
Framewise, if I want to bookmark your site with my 4.6 Netscape, I'm out of luck. The whole page as I want it doesn't exist on your server. It's one frame or another. And that is a mess to navigate to from outside the site. Printing is another nightmare.

Sorry, sweetie, don't mean to rain on your parade! You do what you can and don't worry about it if it's not possible to change it! I'm a novice webpage designer using a straight html text editor at the moment. So I won't criticize what I'm not a pro at! You've got a great beginning there! Keep up the good work!

Cloudbringer

------------------
Storm-Queen
Purple Rose of the Black Knight
Old 03-16-2001, 07:54 PM   #19
Xanthul
Symbol of Cyric

Im using FrontPage, cause its the first webpage i make and i dont know HTM enough to make it manually.

If its so hard, Im gonna remake all the page.

thanks

------------------
"Let my spells do the dirty work" Ertai, High Sorceror of the Holy Flame
Old 03-17-2001, 12:20 PM   #20
Rikard

First of all
I like the Frames

Second of all
We need help
People - Get pictures that you think fit with the order and send them to Javier.Ferrer@wanadoo.com
Nice sounds - gospels or something
send them

Come on people we are not gonna Make Javier do everything himself
You are member so you have some responsibity

------------------

The Legend Master Necromancer
Prince Rikard T'Aranaxz of Natri'x
Clanmaster and Mental Father of the OHF
Ramanish of Neathan'Calith
High Priest and son of the Eternal Phoenix
Lord and General of the Army of the West