Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-12-2001, 10:41 AM   #11
Migosh

At the end some of the females sounded pretty pathetic with the little speeches just before attacking Irenicus. Especially Nalia.. and Aerie. Jaheria seems to loose her words in her accent.

Minsc however sounds COOL.

Old 01-12-2001, 10:53 AM   #12
Elminster
Welcomed New User

a good one is when lilarcor says "i may be an intelligent sword but ive had no former edumication"
Old 01-12-2001, 01:05 PM   #13
Aegis
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Does anyone remember the guy that says "don't klick on me i'm superimportant" - that's the best line ever.

The worst by far is: "You must gather your party before venturing forth"
as already claimed.

Aegis

"Dont hesitate youre dead"
Old 01-12-2001, 01:49 PM   #14
Ertai, Wizard Adept

Well Im playing currently an evil character and SURE evil lines are the best. Im having fun with almost every line, like when I started and told jaheira "lets go, maybe we will find Khalid under a bed".

Old 01-12-2001, 03:04 PM   #15
Nebuchedrezzar

all of the voices for pc's
"lets make this quick and painful" being a prime rubbish example
rubbish all of them, worse than icewind dale.

and aeries "faster than chiktikka fastpaws"
what is chiktikka fastpaws?,
a virulent type of curry (which might explain aeries whineing)

the line i liked best was

ANOMEN:Strangers! Perhaps you have more courage than the worms that frequent this pit of corruption. I am Anomen, warrior priest of Helm. What is your name?

RALRON:Where did you get the idiotic accent from? Reading too many romance novels?

Old 01-12-2001, 03:04 PM   #16
Nebuchedrezzar

all of the voices for pc's
"lets make this quick and painful" being a prime rubbish example
rubbish all of them, worse than icewind dale.

and aeries "faster than chiktikka fastpaws"
what is chiktikka fastpaws?,
a virulent type of curry (which might explain aeries whineing)

the line i liked best was

ANOMEN:Strangers! Perhaps you have more courage than the worms that frequent this pit of corruption. I am Anomen, warrior priest of Helm. What is your name?

RALRON:Where did you get the idiotic accent from? Reading too many romance novels?

Old 01-12-2001, 04:35 PM   #17
G.W.

Chikkata Fastpaws is a racoon that accompanied the gnome god Beldor (I believe that is his name) that Aerie worships, after her conversion by Uncle Quayle. Basically a Boo-like mascot.
I thought that was one of her better lines (though the "Oh my" for critical hits is pretty funny).

Old 01-12-2001, 05:38 PM   #18
Saithana

My favourite is from Jan. Many of his common lines start with "this reminds me of the turnip cellars" or "this reminds me of the time when" and things like that.

Upon arriving in Hell he says "this reminds me of... umm maybe it reminds me of... actually I don't think I've been anywhere like this place".

Cheers
Craig

Old 01-12-2001, 07:18 PM   #19
Bahamut
Iron Throne Cult

I like that sadistic NPC voice!!!! Thatswas soo cool!!! Last time, I was a Paladin... it doesn't fit... but I love the voice! It ain't those stereotypical type of voice...
Old 01-12-2001, 07:26 PM   #20
"Hell Lich" Wah

You're right!! And fancy using a woman who has 18 charisma with voice number 1 = guaranteed laugh!!

"WHAT!!"
"GET ON WITH IT!!"
"YEAA"

and when she dies she sounds like she's got constipation!!