Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Baldurs Gate & Tales of the Sword Coast

Old 08-19-2001, 12:50 PM   #1
Cloud
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Is it better to go in with a 1 handed weapon and shield or a two handed weapon with a bow or xbow in your quickslot? In IWD I have a ranger with a Two handed Sword and XBow and he's rockin. I realise Minsc uses two handed swords but can he use a bow or xbow? (I haven't played for a while) and are there any mint sheilds out there that I could miss out on?

------------------
Cloud
Cloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2001, 12:55 PM   #2
Xanthul
Symbol of Cyric

You cant use a shield while wielding a bow or xbow, so if you want sword and shield, youŽll have to go to the inventory each time you switch weapons to manually remove the bow and equip the shield. Youd better use 2H weapons. And yes, minsc can use bows, though heŽs not very good with it .

you get cool shields in Baldurs Gate city and in Durlags Tower from TotSc

------------------
"I miss the Angel... and I mean that I REALLY miss her" -Ertai, Captive of the Blinding Angel
Xanthul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2001, 01:11 PM   #3
-Aragain-
Dungeon Master

I used to use a Spiders Bane and Long Bow of Marksmanship but now i use Eagle Bow and Flametongue... i dont care for shield, im too good for it!

But for most rangers, or at least early rangers who use bows, and regular bows are what I support, should go with a 2 handed sword and a Short Bow or Long Bow. Thats just my opinion.

----------------------------------
Concerning my number 50 post... SoB! Cant ya just let a guy rejoice a bit with his BG buddies about his accomplishment!? *sigh* Doesnt a Dungeon Master deserve a little respect? Ah well, guess ill just go kill everyone in Friendly Arm Inn again till I feel better... BWAHHAHAHA!!!

-Aragain

[This message has been edited by -Aragain- (edited 08-19-2001).]
-Aragain- is offline   Reply With Quote