Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 11-23-2001, 11:00 AM   #1
norompanlasolas

- SPOILER -
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-

Ok. I went to the Bridge District and found this guy in red and followed him to this house where he gets killed. I go up the stairs and there is this woman that wants to be rescued, but good old Edwin gives me this idea that we should collect the rescue instead of just letting her go.

I think, thats just brillant (since I am Lawful Evil), and proceed to do so. So when I go and collect the reward it turns out it is a pair of silver pants!!! What the heck??? They have no obvious use. You cant wear them, you cant sell them (1gp), and Cromwell wont make anything out of them.

Since the reward for being goodygoody is like 15.000exp and you lose 2rep for the smart and evil approach, I wonder if these pants have any use. Anybody, pleeease??? [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-23-2001, 11:06 AM   #2
Melusine
Dracolisk

Well the rep loss is actually quite useful if you're evil, because it's a lot harder to lose rep in this game than to earn it.
Also, if you have the golden pantaloons from Baldur's Gate 1 (you can cheat them in if you haven't) there is a really cool item you can get in Throne of Bhaal... definitely worth it! [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-23-2001, 11:22 AM   #3
norompanlasolas

Thanks a lot Melusine. [img]smile.gif[/img]

I havent thought of it that way, so maybe it is useful just for the rep loss. But I dont have the golden pantaloons (funny word, isnt it [img]tongue.gif[/img] ) and I dont like to cheat items in so I guess I will just have to live with it. Unless there is something that can be done with them in Soa, that is.
Old 11-23-2001, 11:25 AM   #4
Mitro Jellywadder
Quintesson

Without the golden pantaloons, the silver are worthless. You actually need three pairs to complete the set. If you don't want to CLUA console them into your game, then toss them out.
Old 11-25-2001, 08:42 PM   #5
norompanlasolas

Mmmmmhhh... CLUAConsole, I dont have to download anything to do that, do I???

I mean, errr... ehhhmmm... If I suddenly wanted to cheat in the Golden Pantaloons from BG1... How would I have to do it??? Not that I would eventually do it, but just to know... [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-25-2001, 08:50 PM   #6
Melusine
Dracolisk

quote:
Originally posted by norompanlasolas:
Mmmmmhhh... CLUAConsole, I dont have to download anything to do that, do I???

I mean, errr... ehhhmmm... If I suddenly wanted to cheat in the Golden Pantaloons from BG1... How would I have to do it??? Not that I would eventually do it, but just to know... [img]smile.gif[/img]

LOL don't worry about it, it's not that big a deal! [img]smile.gif[/img] It isn't like you're giving your character 25 in all stats or something

OK, here's what you do:

Go to your BG2 folder and find the Baldur.ini file. Make a back-up of it to be safe. Open the file, and under the header Program Options, add the following line:

Debug Mode=1

Save the file and start up your game. When you're in your current game, press Ctrl + Space, and a small typing window will appear. Copy the following exactly into the window:

CLUAConsole:CreateItem("MISC47")

now press Enter.

The Golden Pantaloons will now be in your inventory.
The code between "" is the code of the item, so MISC47 means golden pantaloons, just as filling in SCRL75 would get you a scroll of Identify. There's a complete list in the BG2 section of the Main Ironworks site (not to imply anything of course, I'm sure you'd never need it for anything..... )

Good luck with the game!
Old 11-25-2001, 09:23 PM   #7
norompanlasolas

Thanks a lot Melusine!

A flower for your troubles. [img]smile.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/1daisy.gif[/img]
Old 11-25-2001, 09:35 PM   #8
Sinnestersteve
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Just so you know friend, if you have all 3 of the pantalloon quest items, you can have the Metal Unit created for you. Its an awsome suit of armor that has an AC of -10 and gives you the form of an adamentite golem.