Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-10-2003, 01:47 AM   #1
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

What is the world coming to. How are we going to beat Pakistan without any of these guys? Is Brad Hogg really going to set the world alight? Andrew Symonds? Sheesh.

http://www.hughwilson.com
Old 02-10-2003, 02:56 AM   #2
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Yorick:
What is the world coming to. How are we going to beat Pakistan without any of these guys? Is Brad Hogg really going to set the world alight? Andrew Symonds? Sheesh.
Don't forget we still have Hayden, Gilly, Ponting at the top though, and McGrath, Warnie, Gillespie and Lee to take the wickets. Even if we have to carry a useless player like Symonds we should still have enough to beat Pakistan (who don't have Saeed Anwar playing btw).

Still, the Windies win last night shows that anyone can beat anyone on any given day.

Old 02-10-2003, 03:43 AM   #3
Davros
Takhisis Follower

Hogg will do OK I think - his spinners are hard to read and he bats very well. I definitely prefer him in the side to Symonds (gah - help me wash my mouth out for praising a Wastralian and bagging a QLDer ).

LOL - nearly posted this with the typo "he bets very well" - that would not have gone down well in Hanse Cronje land
Old 02-10-2003, 12:28 PM   #4
wellard
Dracolisk

Quote:
Originally posted by Davros:
Hogg will do OK I think - his spinners are hard to read and he bats very well. I definitely prefer him in the side to Symonds (gah - help me wash my mouth out for praising a Wastralian and bagging a QLDer ).

LOL - nearly posted this with the typo "he bets very well" - that would not have gone down well in Hanse Cronje land
Just waiting for Donut to defend Symonds due to his ethnic disability... he was born and raised a pom

fossils - natures way of laughing at creationists for over 3 billion years
Old 02-10-2003, 12:54 PM   #5
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

Quote:
Originally posted by Memnoch:
Quote:
Originally posted by Yorick:
Don't forget we still have Hayden, Gilly, Ponting at the top though, and McGrath, Warnie, Gillespie and Lee to take the wickets. Even if we have to carry a useless player like Symonds we should still have enough to beat Pakistan (who don't have Saeed Anwar playing btw).

Still, the Windies win last night shows that anyone can beat anyone on any given day.
[/QUOTE]True. Hayden is considered the worlds best batsman at the moment too. Gilchrist is of course, dynamite.

Still Lara showed he is still worthy of his old no.1 mantle.

Re. India: are Tendulkar and Ganguly still batting for them?

http://www.hughwilson.com
Old 02-10-2003, 05:00 PM   #6
Davros
Takhisis Follower

Quote:
Originally posted by wellard:
Quote:
Originally posted by Davros:

Just waiting for Donut to defend Symonds due to his ethnic disability... he was born and raised a pom [/QUOTE]LOL - I had forgotten that Wellard - I see the Sri Lankan's were pretty awesome in dismissing the boyz from "the shakies" last night. Group B looks to be wide open.
Old 02-10-2003, 09:17 PM   #7
sylent
Emerald Dragon

Should be an interesting game against pakistan, after thier comment that Australia is "ripe for the picking". Suddenly after a few months with no bowling attack, it looks pretty nasty again (Mcgrath, Gillespie being back) [img]smile.gif[/img]

I like the look of hogg, I was at the mcg when he scored 71 in what was just about an innings saver... I also saw Bevo injuring his hamstring (I think thats what it was)... and Brett Lee taking three wickets in his last two overs to win the match. That was a good one [img]smile.gif[/img]

The batting order is still good, like Memnoch said, Hayden, Gilchrist and Ponting still starting it off. Should be a good match.

[ 02-10-2003, 09:18 PM: Message edited by: sylent ]
Old 02-11-2003, 12:28 AM   #8
wellard
Dracolisk

Quote:
Originally posted by sylent:
Should be an interesting game against pakistan, after thier comment that Australia is "ripe for the picking". Suddenly after a few months with no bowling attack, it looks pretty nasty again (Mcgrath, Gillespie being back) [img]smile.gif[/img]

I like the look of hogg, I was at the mcg when he scored 71 in what was just about an innings saver... I also saw Bevo injuring his hamstring (I think thats what it was)... and Brett Lee taking three wickets in his last two overs to win the match. That was a good one [img]smile.gif[/img]

The batting order is still good, like Memnoch said, Hayden, Gilchrist and Ponting still starting it off. Should be a good match.
It could be a cracker IF Pakistan come out to play, they are a very frustrating team. Full of talent but devoid of any consistancy. They are however the team i fear the most. so I've put the beer in the fridge, fluffed up the cushions, tuned the radio and am ready for a great nights entertainment. lets hope pakistan are ready [img]smile.gif[/img]

[ 02-11-2003, 12:35 AM: Message edited by: wellard ]

fossils - natures way of laughing at creationists for over 3 billion years
Old 02-11-2003, 09:54 AM   #9
chrisofthedale
Account Removed by Request

thought you were talking about the rural town of waugh up near lac la biche....
Old 02-11-2003, 10:11 AM   #10
lethoso
Manshoon

Quote:
Originally posted by Memnoch:
Even if we have to carry a useless player like Symonds we should still have enough to beat Pakistan (who don't have Saeed Anwar playing btw).
145 runs is useless eh memnoch?