Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 12-04-2001, 05:30 AM   #1
Norbane
Dungeon Master

Ok, this struck me as really wierd, I've never had this problem before, and I've played through BG2 several times.

In my latest game, the game keeps crashing very shortly after I zone into the area where you'll take the path to do the cult of the unseeing eye quest (gain access to it from the sewers).

All that happens is this; I zone in, and not long after loading up, the screen sorta goes black and gives the standard windows *bing* sound for an error. And I eventually have to force quit and get the message that the program is not responding.

This is strange, I can't see any reason for this. I'm taking a different path than I normally took (this time I just got the necessary characters to my party and rescued imoen right away, now doing quests to get experience/weapons). So I'm in chapter 6 or so now. I don't see how that could contribute, but I figured I should best describe the situation.

I tried to see if it worked globally, but several other areas I zoned into gave me no trouble, so I'm pretty sure it's stuck just in that area. Anybody have any ideas? This is pretty strange, and I'm kinda bummed out about it, I was looking forward to doing that uber lich quest.

Norbane

aka Severon, human warrior turned sneaky rogue.
Norbane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2001, 05:34 AM   #2
Aragorn1
Symbol of Cyric

I did it on c6 and it was fine.
Don't know what it could be.
Aragorn1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2001, 05:59 AM   #3
Rob
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I can only offer one peice of advice. Play new game, rush out of the dungeon and head for the most part directly to the unseeing. This is to be done for no purpose other then to just hurry up and see if it would work under different conditions. If it doesn't crash at all when you do it at earliest part of the game then I don't know what to say other then next time you play the game do it earlier. IF it still crashes your game then something on that CD is either damanged or scratched and no longer allowing you to load. I really can't offer much advice other then that.
Old 12-04-2001, 08:24 PM   #4
Norbane
Dungeon Master

Sorry, shameless bump.
Norbane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2001, 08:44 PM   #5
Ares

hmm....I think i have no idea what i'm talkin about but here goes...

1.) Perhaps you should try your normal way and see what happens?
2.) Move the save to another comp and try it (if you have another 1 that is )
3.) Try re-patching the game to see if it works (dunno if you have already [img]smile.gif[/img] )

If none of those work then i guess i dunno what's wrong...
Ares is offline   Reply With Quote