Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum

Old 09-10-2002, 07:51 PM   #1
Lord Brass
Emerald Dragon

...or: does anybody know if 'Mind Blank' actually works in the game? The wretched thing doesn't appear to.

Anybody tried it?
Old 09-11-2002, 04:29 PM   #2
Lord Brass
Emerald Dragon

Someone must have found/tried this spell. If so, did the damnable thing work?

ppPlLeeeaasee hHHElllppP mMMeeeEEeee!

[ 09-11-2002, 05:00 PM: Message edited by: Lord Brass ]
Old 09-12-2002, 04:23 AM   #3
Lady Blade
Elite Waterdeep Guard

According to the listings for "Mind blank" its supposed to cut off the creature you use the spell on from any attempts to sway its mind. Therefore it is possible that it worked but you don't know it worked. Unless you tried to charm it, or cast the fear spell on it.

Spoiler
-
-
-
-
-
-in the prologue it could have been used to release the the ogre from its headache.
Old 09-12-2002, 02:42 PM   #4
Lord Brass
Emerald Dragon

'Fraid not. The spell does list one creature, but the effects are quite specific (well I've never tried it, but there is another way so I've never had to, which you'll find if you read on). For the ogre in Kuldahar Pass there is an additional dialogue response if: *SPOILER*
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
You have a druid in the party and have them speak to the ogre first they will recommend a remedy. If you speak to Arundel immediately after you meet him for the first time he'll offer the same remedy. Go back to the pass and inform the ogre for the XP. Some responses are conditioned on class E.g. if you talk to the drunk in the fishing hut near the shore in Easthaven, a bard or a mage can tell him to sober up rather than buy him a bottle of wine. Other classes do not - though I'm not sure about clerics surprisingly.

[ 09-13-2002, 01:36 PM: Message edited by: Lord Brass ]