Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 12-14-2004, 09:54 PM   #1
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

My husband has a shite co-worker. She works for him (well the cleaning company works for him and she is their designated worker) and is a cleaner, is supposed to vacuum stairs, etc. for condos. He's caught her leaving early, before noon sometimes, and not reporting it to her main boss, who isn't working on the property so doesn't know (so will pay her for a full day of work if he doesn't know different). He's caught her napping on stairs inside a condo during the day LOL. Oh but this last one really burns me up.

Apparently this couple got evicted from their condo the other day (guess they couldn't keep up the mortgage). And the "eviction people" came during the day while the couple was at work and threw all their stuff outside. And these people had some nice stuff apparently, very expensive furniture and electronics, etc. Well co-worker decides to pick through it all and take what she wants. Then, she stops and thinks, and gets on her cellphone, and calls a lot of friends and family, who arrive and help out with the stealing. Bet there wasn't much left by the end of the day by the time said couple got home from work and discovered all their stuff was not only thrown outside, but looted as well.

I mean no doubt you gotta pay your mortgage, and I assume that they were warned many times re an eviction coming up I guess. I wonder of somebody called them at work at least to tell them, hey, we are evicting your stuff today, right now, just to let you know. Or something. I dunno. I just feel really sorry for them, even though I have no idea who they are, or why they were unable to pay their bills. Of course, given sufficient warning, the mortgage company does have a right to just toss your stuff out if they feel they have no choice. I'm not really complaining about that part. The part that pisses me off are the vultures. The people who see an eviction and swarm in like roaches to steal, taking advantage of someone else's downfalls. It is just to me the lowest of the low. And the biotch called in reinforcements too. GRRRRR!

When people get evicted from houses, condos or apartments, around here, it is basically a free for all I guess. I've never seen anyone call the police about it, and think even if someone did all the police would do was run the stealers off empty handed, and then leave for another police call...then the roaches would return from their hidden cracks and continue their looting. It's just so not a priority re law enforcement. Thing is, even if you CAN get away with it, still it is a lowdown thing to do in my opinion.

OK rant over.

Reality Show Recaps
Old 12-14-2004, 10:04 PM   #2
SomeGuy
Unicorn

*grumble* How dare she. That's just wrong. Reminds me of when my grandparents died, and my dad went to go to the house just to see some old memories and think about them, he found a bunch of people looting Grandpa's shed. He got real pissed, made sure everything got put back and ran them off. I still remember getting bored with the gameboy and coming out of the truck and watching them from afar. [img]tongue.gif[/img]
\"I firmly believe that any man\'s finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is the moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle - victorious.\"<br />-Vince Lombardi
Old 12-14-2004, 10:09 PM   #3
Hivetyrant
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by ladyzekke:
And the biotch called in reinforcements too. GRRRRR!
lol, you dont sound too happy Lady Z, neither would I, that really sucks, not only dont they have a place to live, they probably have to buy new things hust to survive.
What does your husband think of all of this?
Can he do anything about the cleaner?
Old 12-14-2004, 10:13 PM   #4
Sir Goulum
John Locke

Taking the stuff is bad enough, but calling her friends and family?! And the fact that they joined in too? I hope something like that happens to her. [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 12-14-2004, 10:20 PM   #5
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Hivetyrant:
quote:
And the biotch called in reinforcements too. GRRRRR!
lol, you dont sound too happy Lady Z, neither would I, that really sucks, not only dont they have a place to live, they probably have to buy new things hust to survive.
What does your husband think of all of this?
Can he do anything about the cleaner?
[/QUOTE]He turned her into his boss, and her boss, and she is pretty much fired I reckon by now. But no idea if it went any farther than that.

Reality Show Recaps
Old 12-14-2004, 10:25 PM   #6
Sir Goulum
John Locke

Can the family get their stuff back at all, or is it lost in the hands of that wench forever?
Old 12-15-2004, 04:41 AM   #7
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
I'm just wondering what it takes to become a shite coworker, sounds like a tough job to me.
Old 12-15-2004, 05:16 AM   #8
Calagari
Manshoon

It can take as long as a year to be fully evicted from your house. You may never know the exact date people will come and change the locks on your house. They do give you a time limit and you have to either be out by then or pay up if you can.

We won't know the full story of this eviction and it is sad. It happens more than most people realise. What happens to the goods on the street is fair game. Just like trash it is there to be taken. As sad as all this is the people did have some options. It seems they just chose to ignore them. It is very unfortunate.

What will happen now is that the house will likely go on the market as a HUD home. It can be bought for pennies on the dollar. I had 4 homes on my cul de sac go this way. The bad effect of this is how it lowers everyone elses house values close to this house when they go to sell.

Quote:
My husband has a shite co-worker. She works for him (well the cleaning company works for him and she is their designated worker) and is a cleaner, is supposed to vacuum stairs, etc. for condos. He's caught her leaving early, before noon sometimes, and not reporting it to her main boss, who isn't working on the property so doesn't know (so will pay her for a full day of work if he doesn't know different). He's caught her napping on stairs inside a condo during the day LOL. Oh but this last one really burns me up.

Apparently this couple got evicted from their condo the other day (guess they couldn't keep up the mortgage). And the "eviction people" came during the day while the couple was at work and threw all their stuff outside. And these people had some nice stuff apparently, very expensive furniture and electronics, etc. Well co-worker decides to pick through it all and take what she wants. Then, she stops and thinks, and gets on her cellphone, and calls a lot of friends and family, who arrive and help out with the stealing. Bet there wasn't much left by the end of the day by the time said couple got home from work and discovered all their stuff was not only thrown outside, but looted as well.

I mean no doubt you gotta pay your mortgage, and I assume that they were warned many times re an eviction coming up I guess. I wonder of somebody called them at work at least to tell them, hey, we are evicting your stuff today, right now, just to let you know. Or something. I dunno. I just feel really sorry for them, even though I have no idea who they are, or why they were unable to pay their bills. Of course, given sufficient warning, the mortgage company does have a right to just toss your stuff out if they feel they have no choice. I'm not really complaining about that part. The part that pisses me off are the vultures. The people who see an eviction and swarm in like roaches to steal, taking advantage of someone else's downfalls. It is just to me the lowest of the low. And the biotch called in reinforcements too. GRRRRR!

When people get evicted from houses, condos or apartments, around here, it is basically a free for all I guess. I've never seen anyone call the police about it, and think even if someone did all the police would do was run the stealers off empty handed, and then leave for another police call...then the roaches would return from their hidden cracks and continue their looting. It's just so not a priority re law enforcement. Thing is, even if you CAN get away with it, still it is a lowdown thing to do in my opinion.

OK rant over.
Old 12-15-2004, 06:52 AM   #9
Davros
Takhisis Follower

The incongruous part to me though is that this couple hadn't paid their mortgage yet they had really expensive furniture and electronics.

I don't condone for a minute the vultures that preyed on them, but something tells me that either fiscal restraint (rash purchases) or muddled priorities (roof first guys and gals) is the root cause of their troubles.
Old 12-15-2004, 06:55 AM   #10
Tyrion
Quintesson

go beat her up, real bad!