Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 02-11-2004, 02:08 AM   #41
Chewbacca
Zartan

Whoo Hoo. We rock! Ziroc (and Choc) Rock too!

hehe that Rhymed... [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 02-11-2004, 02:37 AM   #42
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Timber Loftis:
To Zman, and the trusted Vizier, Choc, I personally can think of no issue deserving more concern, having more primacy, than coming up with a way for those of us who are willing to contribute to "subscribe" in some form or fashion. I know Memsie asked we not get into it here, but I'm going to at least point out that a good number of us would "subscribe" for a nominal fee of a few bucks/quid/yen/drachma/marks per month without asking for special privileges or recognition. As I've pointed out before, with IWF's 13,000+ members, several hundred active, it would only take 40 or 50 subscribing at $5 per month to make the task of financially supporting IWF a near non-issue. I know your health has been lagging of late, but when you're feeling up to it, you should give this issue serious consideration. And choc should too. [img]graemlins/heee.gif[/img]
G'day mate, I'm currently drawing up the groundrules for this brainstorming discussion that we'll have. I'd like to have it in three parts:

1. the brainstorming part of it, where we'll try and come up with as many ideas as possible, creativity will be appreciated

2. the "weeding out", where we can discuss which ones are in scope and which ones are out of scope; and

3. polishing up our list and providing it to Z for feedback.

Give me some time to sort all this out - I'll do my best to get something together by the weekend.

Old 02-11-2004, 09:54 AM   #43
Megabot
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Oh well Dan we made it i was to late i sendt you $40 today but maybe you can save it to next month bill [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 02-11-2004, 10:20 AM   #44
Link
Jack Burton

I'm listening [img]smile.gif[/img] So when we will start discussing?
Old 02-11-2004, 04:15 PM   #45
Cerek the Barbaric
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Memnoch - I received a PM from another member suggesting a poll that incorporated many of the options discussed before. It was fairly comprehensive in covering all the major issues we run into with each discussion and would allow members to give their opinion and remain anonymous if they wished. It would also give us a "snapshot" of how the IW Membership (in general) feels about certain issues like special avatars or certain "extras" available for subscribing members.

I sent Ziroc a PM asking his thoughts on the poll also, and if he would mind me posting it. IF he agrees, sounds like it would go great with the brainstorming thread you're planning.

I know you mentioned some of those options were NOT available for consideration, and that's fine. But I still think it is valid to include them in the poll (separate from the brainstorming) just to get a "feel" for how the other members feel.

Melusine - I agree with you that more people would be likely to donate if they knew how much it cost to operate IW each month. It doesn't have to be a precise figure nor would it be "set in stone". Just a general ballpark amount to establish as our ongoing "monthly goal" would suffice.
Old 02-11-2004, 06:34 PM   #46
Arledrian
Egyptian Goddess of the Dead

Quote:
Ah, the community comes together during a time of crisis. It's so touching. Cheers to Aledrain. [img]graemlins/cheers.gif[/img]
Never has my username been so aptly perversed - I guess my drinking reputation precedes me [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img]

[ 02-11-2004, 06:37 PM: Message edited by: Arledrian ]
Old 02-11-2004, 07:43 PM   #47
Vaskez
Takhisis Follower

LOL!! Aledrain! Love it
Love conquers all? Damn, I'd say that area's gray
Old 02-12-2004, 04:13 AM   #48
Davros
Takhisis Follower

Quote:
Originally posted by Arledrian:
quote:
Ah, the community comes together during a time of crisis. It's so touching. Cheers to Aledrain. [img]graemlins/cheers.gif[/img]
Never has my username been so aptly perversed - I guess my drinking reputation precedes me [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img] [/QUOTE]Spelling wasn't everyone's forte yesterday Alex.

Signed Darvos - er Davros

PS : I just realised what yours actually said - LOL [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 02-13-2004, 05:43 PM   #49
Xen
Symbol of Moradin

YEAH! All praise Arledrian! [img]smile.gif[/img]

Thanks man! I love you!
Old 02-13-2004, 06:53 PM   #50
Timber Loftis
40th Level Warrior

Glad you liked it, Arledrian.

I think it's no secret as to what the average monthly costs are. For some reason $250 seems to ring a bell.

So, a mere 50 members each contributing $5/month, or a mere 125 members at $2/month, would get this gorilla of our collective backs -- and would give Z one less recurring headache.