Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 09-10-2001, 09:33 PM   #21
onthepequod
Quintesson

Quote:
Originally posted by Moridin:
I was thinking of the same incident while reading this thread, OTP. That guy should be locked away for a very long time...I am glad they caught him! Didn't he fly out that same day for CA or something like that too...what as ass!

Good memory Moridin! I had completely forgotten that flake left the state on business or pleasure (whichever it was). I agree that guy was an ass! Punching a little elderly lady has to be one of the lowest, most appauling actions I can think of. I knew many Minnesotans (and I'm sure you did to) that would have paid to get their hands on that guy.

------------------
Old 09-10-2001, 09:50 PM   #22
Conan

Quote:
Originally posted by ladyzekke:
Worse thing was I remember, was that if you are on the train, like three or four seats down, and your stop comes up, and you get up to leave. Then like 50 frikken mothas pour in like so much cattle, and you can't even get out the door, and you hear that telltale "ding dong, Better Get Out Quick Dong". I actually seriously had to get viscious, and push and shove and cuss my way out of that door. Is a madhouse. Conan, tell me please that they have added more trains, and it is not that way anymore?

[/B]
It is at peak times Lady Z. I choose to start work at 7:00 am now. I can really avoid the bulk of it if I just catching the bus in the morning at 6:00 am
The new train cars( mybe 60 or so) are being integrated slowly it seems...on the green line. I am happy we havent had any total back up days for a long time. I could drive my way to work in 15 minutes everyone..but it takes me only an hour this way Make sense! Hang in there Lady Z and hopefully we will have enough will power not to get upset with the rage.

------------------
*\Conan/*

Old 09-10-2001, 10:10 PM   #23
DragonMage
20th Level Warrior

LadyZ: Not that it's necessarily AS bad as where you live (I know it's worse in places here), but just so you'll know. It's getting bad everywhere. My story was only ONE of the worst that has happened. Even in the "little town" of Newnan, GA - 30 or so miles away from Atlanta - there are crazies all over here. They cut me off and then cuss ME out, they try to run me off the road, one guy even got out of his truck and started walking back to our car! (Fortunately on that one, my husband worked for the County Corrections Facility and flashed his badge - the guy IMMEDIATELY got back in his truck AND buckled up!! heeheehee My husband had NO powers of arrest, but that badge was enough to make him back off! Then, I pretended to get on my cell phone (because we were both still going the same way and he kept looking in his rear view mirror) - at the next light, he PULLED OVER!!! OMG! I thought I'd die! He watched us go past and he must have been SO mad! He apparently thought we were calling him in to "headquarters" and going to pull him over plain clothes-style!)

Larry, I too used to get revenge (in exactly the same way). I try not to give in to it anymore because this road rage thing is getting to be way too scary, but it does feel good when you pace someone long enough to really tick off an obnoxious driver! (bad DM. bad, bad DM - must 'pank!)

------------------
"Allright! We'll call it a draw."

"I'm INVINCIBLE! ... You're a LOONEY!"

Dare to dream. Be bold enough to try.

The day we stop learning is the day we start dying!(c)
Old 09-11-2001, 12:05 AM   #24
MILAMBER
Lord Soth

I can't believe he didn't get off on account of his "mental illness". That seems to be the way things work these days.

------------------
"The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his."
-General George Patton (1885-1945)

Member of CLAN HADB
Old 09-11-2001, 08:37 AM   #25
DragonMage
20th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by MILAMBER:
I can't believe he didn't get off on account of his "mental illness". That seems to be the way things work these days.

Tell me about it. It seems that everyone EXCEPT those who need the help can get out of trouble by citing: "mental instability". What a crock!

------------------
"Allright! We'll call it a draw."

"I'm INVINCIBLE! ... You're a LOONEY!"

Dare to dream. Be bold enough to try.

The day we stop learning is the day we start dying!(c)
Old 09-11-2001, 08:53 AM   #26
Kaz
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Phew. Makes me glad I live in Germany, in a city where the majority of the population bikes . And anyone trying to get to the inner city by car is in for an hour-long search for a parking space (there aren't too many ) as well as getting lost in a maze of one-way streets and pedestrian zones. Road rage isn't really common in Germany, I think.
And - 1050 years in prison - sheesh! Why not just give him lifelong and be done with it?

------------------

Kazara

Waitress at Cloudy's Cafe
Old 09-11-2001, 09:26 AM   #27
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

I think the reason the prison sentence is so long is so there's no chance that the rotter will have any chance of parole (getting out early). I don't know how it is in Germany, Kaz, but over here, 10 years = 6 months with good behavior sometimes. It's a sorry state of affairs.

------------------
Old 09-11-2001, 09:40 AM   #28
Kaz
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

then (1000 years = 600 months) + (50 years = 30 months)... erm that'd be... 630 months... 52.5 years. OK, that makes sense.

------------------

Kazara

Waitress at Cloudy's Cafe