Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 08-28-2001, 02:16 PM   #11
Lioness
Jack Burton

My username is the nick of the main character, Alanna, in Tamora Pierce's Song of the Lioness Quartet. She rocks, and I luv big cats anyway.

------------------

Sword Saint of the HADB Clan
Waitress and entertainer at Cloudy's Cafe
Lil' Angel
Old 08-28-2001, 02:26 PM   #12
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

Quote:
Originally posted by Istaron:
Weell. There is a game called Utopia on the web, wich I am playing. In the ninth age of it, I was going to play as a mage, and was desperate after a name. When there was two days left until the age would start, I learned that if you added the elvish word for wizard (istar) with the ending -on, you would get the word Great Wizard... well, the name has just been with me ever since.

But what's with the "Bobby Corwen" bit?

------------------
I am the walrus!.... er, no hang on....

A fair dinkum laughing Hyena!
Old 08-28-2001, 03:06 PM   #13
Neb
Account deleted by Request

For some reason my usual nick on forums or in games is Nebucadnezzar, I just typed Neb here since people on other forums tend to mistype a lot when they try to write my "full" name.
Old 08-28-2001, 03:58 PM   #14
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

"Sazerac" is a type of New Orleans cocktail which was first concocted in the late 1700's. It was originally made of Absinthe, which has since been outlawed because of it's being a hallucinogen, so now it's made with Anisette for the same flavor. It's also a type of Jazz popularized around the Sazerac club in New Orleans. Being that I like both, and it's a wizard-sounding name, I adopted it as my online moniker.

------------------
Old 08-28-2001, 04:13 PM   #15
Legolas the Elven Archer

Reasons why I have this username:
- Because I had to pick something
- Because I think the Lord of the Rings is one of the best books ever and Legolas is a cool character
- Because that's the name of my BG1 and BG2 character (reasons: see above)
- Because the dwarf names ran out ?

What would I change it to:
- Just plain Legolas. But, that one was taken already...

------------------
The last arrow of Legolas kindled in the air as it flew,
and plunged burning into the heart of a great wolf-chieftain.
All the others fled. -J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings

Old 08-28-2001, 04:59 PM   #16
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

I could not think of anything creative the day that I was registering last year, and so I decided to just put Larry. I signed on again at work, under the name Larr2. Realizing that I could sign on from two different PCs without trouble, I just went to Larry on the both of them, but since that was too plain, I took on _OHF, to signify my clan membership. I believe I got the idea from Ertai_OHF.
I wish that I could change it, but nobody would know it was me, and everyone would start wondering where Larry is.
Oh well...

------------------

Devoted member of the Ironworks
Loyal guardian of the OHF
Member of the Ancients' club
Faith beset in The Rocks
(they show the way, you know...)
Old 08-28-2001, 05:01 PM   #17
SSJ4Sephiroth
Beholder

i picked this cuz it was my name at bg dungeon, and some of my best arguements and debates and stuff is to the credit of this name! also, think about it: Super Saiyan Four Sephiroth. kinda hard to explain how it happened, but it must be the most powerful being in the universe! also i had just got done playing ff7 and thot Sephiroth was really cool (i still do, all these months later) so i named it!

------------------
It's simple. Once the Planet is hurt, it gathers Spirit Energy to heal the injury. The amount of energy gathered depends on the size of the injury...What would happen if there was an injury that threatened the very life of the Planet? Think how much energy would be gathered! Ha, ha, ha. And at the center of that injury, wil be me. All that boundless energy will be mine. By merging with the energy of the Planet, I will be come a new life form, a new existence. Melding with the Planet, I will cease to exist as I am now. Only to be reborn as a 'God' to rule over every living soul.

Super Sephiroth, slayer of the Uber Fluffy, and battle co-ordionator and defender of the HADB clan.
Old 08-28-2001, 05:13 PM   #18
WOLFGIR
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

Hehe, this is going to be which time I write this??

He, sorry

Well Wolf.. furry beast running atound in the forrest and mountains, plains and most everywhere howling, caring and good hunter. One of the many animals I really like, but wolves are very close to my heart.

-gir Sounds a bit "nordic" so I wanted a bit of a name that displayed my interest and my heritage abit. Though some have read it as Wolfgirl.. I think it depends on that I see it so clearly and have my pronounciation of it worked out clearly.. Hehe..

Well most call me Wolfie here and thats OK with me.

------------------

Be vevvy qwiet..I´m hunting wabbits...
Wolfgirs lair
once-upon-a-paper
Old 08-28-2001, 05:41 PM   #19
DEADMAN
Manshoon

Well Im new but Ive been using this since the days of lazer tag ( rember that, or am I just aging myself? ) and the c64 rpgs. Because I knew thuis was the way my alter egoes would end up. This was realy appropriate when I started playing counter-strike, but I ve gotten better .
Old 08-28-2001, 05:46 PM   #20
Moni

Moni is just short for my given name Monique...easier to type too.
If I were going to change it I'd be LastTruePrincess to match my sig (my screen name for various internet services & mailboxes) but nah...that just involves more typing.

------------------

You know childhood is over when a puddle seems like an obstacle instead of an opportunity.

Is Too! Is Not! Is Too! Is Not!