Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 08-26-2001, 01:05 PM   #1
Gabriel
Emerald Dragon

Here an insane though, one that I don't think been brought up before. Your character related FanFict, what you characters did in those day that were spent travelling or resting, can be from any of the games on this site.
Come give it a go, doesn't matter what it like because no one will bluntly trash it or if they do they will regeat it, so come everyone get writting or am I totaly mad for suggesting this?

------------------
Old 08-26-2001, 01:30 PM   #2
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

Well I am not sure what you are requesting Gabriel. Do you mean relate stories of what you imagine your game characters do while travelling and resting?

Either way, just wanted to say it is so very NICE to see you back Gabriel How have you been?

------------------
Old 08-26-2001, 05:06 PM   #3
Grand-Ranger
Galvatron

Location: Everywhere I wanna go its already where I am,cause I am already there
I started a thread somewhat like this on ToB fourm. It was what would be your chars back ground if he wasnt a bhaal spawn

------------------

So if in the forest look behind you, because that where the ranger is going to be
Old 08-26-2001, 05:13 PM   #4
Gabriel
Emerald Dragon

Yea: it not on page too yet I thought it would drop like a stone!

Anyway by fanfict I meant stuff that isn't covered in the orginal story but could of happened in the spaces between story events, like your characters having a meaning full coversation over a camp fire and stuff, you know things what they might of done if they were real.
err I would provide a link to a site I know of that has a few examples of some fanfict, The bookshelf, but i can't find it and well my other link contain stuff that might break the minors rule.

LadyZekke I'll pop in to CloudKarps bar to post what I'm been up to, okay.

------------------

[This message has been edited by Gabriel (edited 08-26-2001).]
Old 08-26-2001, 05:17 PM   #5
Gabriel
Emerald Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by Grand-Ranger:
I started a thread somewhat like this on ToB fourm. It was what would be your chars back ground if he wasnt a bhaal spawn

Really, I haven't been over there as I just bought ToB, I check it out.

------------------
Old 08-26-2001, 06:07 PM   #6
Gabriel
Emerald Dragon

I have it!!!!!! The link to the 'Bookcase' If you need examples of what Fanfict is look hereExamples of fanfict -watches a passing tumble weed- Hello.....llo is... s... any...ny one... ...ne out... ut there?... no oh.....

------------------

[This message has been edited by Gabriel (edited 08-26-2001).]
Old 08-26-2001, 07:54 PM   #7
Tancred
White Dragon

Bloooody hell... well, the BG2 Bars are littered with bits of Tancred here, Tancred there. What about a written part ogf the BG2 game - a scene that more or less DID take place in the game, but in story format? Got a few of them.
Old 08-26-2001, 08:01 PM   #8
Melusine
Dracolisk

Quote:
Originally posted by Tancred:
Bloooody hell... well, the BG2 Bars are littered with bits of Tancred here, Tancred there. What about a written part ogf the BG2 game - a scene that more or less DID take place in the game, but in story format? Got a few of them.

I remember you sent me one of those...it was superb!!

------------------
Melusine, High Queen of Fluffies, Archbabe of the OHF, the LH,
the HADB and the SPAE(Society for the
Prevention of Acronym Extinction) &
Sultry Elflet

Your voice is ambrosia
Amy Brown Fantasy Art
Old 08-26-2001, 08:03 PM   #9
Moni

Here is a link to a Wizards & Warriors thread where we share "misadventures" of all sorts. I think you'll get a kick out of it!

http://www.ironworksforum.com/ubb/No...ML/001864.html

------------------

You know childhood is over when a puddle seems like an obstacle instead of an opportunity.

Is Too! Is Not! Is Too! Is Not!

Old 08-27-2001, 05:55 PM   #10
Tancred
White Dragon

Well... umm... from the archives, then - a short(ish) BG1 piece, 'cos few people read long'uns. For anyone expecting predictable heroism from the eminent and imminent Cavalier, I can only disappoint you...

She ran - there was nothing she could do.
Chauntea help her! The stupid, blunt-minded fools were going to kill it! It and her!
The Dryad collapsed, shuddering. She FELT that - they were already cutting into the tree. A sick pain, as if someone had stuck a knife into her belly and was twisting it around and around, wouldn't go. She could hear the tree cry out for help, and she could do nothing but echo that cry.
The two humans that had come had too stupid to fall for her charms. Spells that had beguiled the strongest-willed and the cleverest of all simply failed to even pierce the formidable ignorance she saw in their heads.
There was nothing she could do, but cry out for help.
Until, she realised with a sudden surge of hope, she heard voices...

The six weary travellers' progress was marked by the thrashing of undergrowth - and the occasional 'OW!' as another thorn or stinging nettle found its' way past armour to flesh.
"So how long is it to this... fort, anyway?"
Edwin twirled his beard thoughtfully as he walked untouched in the wake of the others. "Another five days, perhaps more. Is it of concern?"
The black-clad man carved down another thorned branch with his sword, imagining it to be Edwin's head. "If we're to fight our way through briars and twisted undergrowth and die a death of a thousand cuts, then YES, I think it is!"
Edwin tutted to himself. Malvolio was sure he could hear the wizard muttering under his breath... but he couldn't quite catch the words.
Damn mage. Ever since that cursed bounty hunter at Nashkel had done for Xzar, the group had been in bad need of a mage. This oddly-accented stranger seemed to offer an answer to their prayers, but his conditions - the death of a certain Witch - were starting to seem less and less of a fair exchange.
Kagain didn't like the idea of some newcomer swanning in and taking a sixth share of the gold. Shar-Teel didn't like him because he was a male - predictably. Viconia didn't like the way he treated her with even more scorn than she treated him - and Montaron didn't like anyone.
"Any progress at the front?"
Shar-Teel yelled back. Her sword - taken from that shmuck Greywolf's hands - smashed through the plants as if they were nothing but brittle glass.
"I think I can see a clearing up ahead... about time, I say!"
Malvolio muttered a small prayer. At last, somewhere to sit down without having some insect or sharp thorn pricking your backside -
There was rustling in the undergrowth, and footsteps. Within an instant, weapons were readied as the already taut nerves of the party snapped. The cool reassurance of a throwing knife fell into Malvolio's palm from his sleeve. There was a whur-whur-whur and a thunk as Viconia and Montaron readied their sling and crossbow.
What emerged was not what any of them were expecting.
A young woman, beautiful and wounded but definitely not human, fell out of the bracken at their feet. Her mossy skin was wounded, and she shivered as if in the grip of some fever. Slowly, paranoia trickled away and the party lowered their guard.
The young... Dryad, Malvolio supposed... got to her feet. There was desperation in her eyes.
"Please, kind spirits, you must help me! A tree - a wonderful tree - is under attack in the next clearing by oafs who would destroy it! You must save it!"
If the Dryad was looking for any reassurance or immediate aid, she was disappointed. The party looked singularly unimpressed, and exchanged puzzled looks. Finally, Malvolio spoke.
"A tree? Like, a TREE?"
The Dryad battled on, hoping to convey hersense of urgency to these strangers. "Yes! Abeautiful, glorious wonder of nature is under assault, and -"
Malvolio interrupted her. "Sorry, lady - or whatever - a tree's no great loss." He snorted. "Hell, I was brought up in a library."
He began to walk away, and the rest of the group turned their backs. The Dryad couldn't believe it. First the two thugs, and now this? How could the world have become so cold-hearted?
"PLEASE!" she implored, stumbling after them. "It is of terrible importance -"
"Look, just go away -"
"You MUST help me!"
The black-clad assassin whirled as she grabbed his arm, hand shooting to the scabbard of his sword. The Dryad flinched back, fear in her eyes.
"Please... please... help me. You are my last hope."
The party seemed to think on this.
"Why is this tree so important?"
"WHY? I am bonded to it! If it dies, so do I!"
There was a sudden... change in the atmosphere around the party. Kagain nodded sagely. Viconia raised her eyebrows. Montaron sneered.
"Ahhhh... I see," drawled the assassin. "It's a tree ESPECIALLY important to you, yes?"
"YES!" The Dryad felt relief. At last, they'd seen the light.
"Okay... what do we get in exchange for helping you?" The relief evaporated.
"W-what?"
"I don't work for charity. Neither," Malvolio waved a hand, gesturing at the party, "do my friends here." What do we get for saving this tree?"
The Dryad looked into the man's eyes and saw no help there, no pity. Only greed. Another cut to the tree made her wince in pain. There was no other way.
"I have many material treasures I have no use for," she bluffed. "You may take your pick of them if you aid me."
Grins from all present.
"Excellent. Where is this tree, then?"

Caldo swung again. Again, his sword seemed to leave precious little dent in the strange, silvery wood. He frowned in puzzlement. Trees weren't usually this tough. Still, he reasoned, they would make 'em tough if they could... to protect the gold inside.
It made sense to him.
His brother, Krumm, wasn't having much more luck, if the stream of curses was anything to go by. The dull THUNK of steel on wood sounded through the clearing, but somehow the tree resisted.
They were both tired now, and sank down to rest. It was hot, even in the Cloudpeaks, and the two barbarians were sweating and flushed.
They both leapt to their feet as a black-clad man entered the clearing.
"Hello there!"
The two barbarians waved their swords at the newcomer. The man in black stood there, arms folded. He didn't seem impressed.
"Uhhh..." began Caldo, "Who are you?"
"Oh, you know. I was just passing, and I saw you guys working hard at the tree there. What are you? Lumberjacks?"
"Duh, no... we're barbarians!" Krumm nodded enthusiastically at his brother's descriptions of them.
"Dat's right."
"So... why are you cutting down a tree?"
"It's a magic tree! Look, it's silver colour. Probably got gold in it, right Krumm?"
"Dat's right."
The black-clad figure nodded. "I see. Um, need a hand?"
Caldo looked at him warily. "Help with what?"
"Oh, well... you know. I was going to suggest I help you with the cutting, but then you are strong, and I... well, I'm no barbarian. So I was thinking I could keep a lookout for any more intellectually-challenged lunkheads like yourselves who might pass by, and ask if they'd aid you. What would you say to that?"
Caldo thought about this. Help would be good... with some more hands, they could bring down the tree easy, and share the go -
Suddenly, a thought occurred to the barbarian. He didn't like the way this guy smiled. He didn't like the concept of monetary division.
"We don't need any help. Right, Krumm?"
"Dat's right."
"We can handle this by ourselves! Strong, we are!"
Malvolio sighed.
"Oh well... I suppose I was asking too much of you to begin with. Step away from the tree and hand over your valuables, or you die."
Caldo and Krumm looked at him incredulous for a few seconds... and laughed. They laughed long and loud, their humour and scorn echoing off the cliffs and peaks of the mountains and the forests.
"We - we're gonna die, is we?" chortled Caldo. "And you're gonna kill us, is you?"
"Damn right. You stone-brained addlewits don't seem capable to walk three steps, let alone swing a sword."
The two barbarians stopped laughing, and glared at the assassin in outrage. As one, they charged, anger overtaking all else.
The man in black clicked his fingers.
Caldo had been in the lead, but as one a crossbow bolt and an axe landed squarely in his back even as a slingshot smashed into his skull from somewhere to the left. Caldo fell, his cry of anger gone. Krumm faltered in his charge, apprehension overcoming battle-rage as he saw his brother shot. He turned to face the unseen attackers, and could see nothing but trees and bushes.
He turned back around, and saw nothing but steel across his neck.

"Well, that was that. Textbook sneakery, everybody. A job well done."
The party was feeling chipper; killing always seemed to brighten the day. Caldo and Krumm hadn't been penniless, and Montaron had managed to fit one of the brothers' helms onto his small head. Everyone tried not to laugh at the halfling and the horned helm he wore.
As Kagain and Edwin scoured the corpses' packs, the Dryad emerged again. She smiled at her deliverers. Evil, treacherous and violent they may have been, but they had saved her.
"Thank you, thank you, my deliverers! I can never adequately repay you for the life of my tree, indeed I -"
The assassin cut her off. "Well, you can TRY. Treasures, you said... one saved tree, pick of treasures. What have you got?"
The Dryad began to speak, but the sudden glares from the party stopped her in mid-word. She gulped as the small halfling raised his crossbow.
"I... I admit I told you an untruth when I told you of treasure," she admitted, seeing the hostility grow. "But you are undoubtedly richer for your work, are you not? The possessions of these men will serve you well..."
Nothing but icy, violent looks still. The halfling twitched. The mage and the drow seemed to flex their fingers.
"and... and... I have brewed these for you. Potions, created from magical ingredients, that will help you on your journey. This one will cure your wounds, restoring strength and speeding recovery, and this shall keep you free from the poisions of nature, be they deadly or otherwise."
The Dryad held out two wooden-stoppered flasks, suddenly more than a little frightened. Suppose they decided to kill her? Suppose they decided she had cheated them - which, in a way, she had? She was weak, she had none of her usual defences. A long, tense silence settled over the clearing, as all eyes focused on the assassin - the man who held the power of life and death over me in this one instant, thought the Dryad.
"I... think that will do very nicely. Not quite what we expected..." the man growled, "but acceptible none the less, thank you, lady."
The Dryad breathed a sigh of relief, and approached the assassin, handing over the flasks. "I am called Alieya." she smiled. "What is your name?"
The assassin took the flasks, smiling in his turn. "They call me Malvolio - of Candlekeep."
The Dryad leaned forward, and gave the assassin a soft kiss on the cheek. "I thank you for your service, Malvolio of Candlekeep. I can only give you my good wishes, and say good luck to you on your journey."
The assassin nodded, and turned to leave. The Dryad watched them slowly push aside the walls of the clearing, off on their journey once more.
"I promise I shall speak well of you to anyone who I see!" she called after them. She turned back to her tree, smiling.
She never saw the crossbow bolt that killed her. She didn't even have time to scream. Her last feelings were confusion... confusion and sadness as she felt the tree cry out as she fell.
Malvolio looked through the bushes, and gave a nod of approval to Montaron.
"Oh no you damn well won't..." he muttered under his breath.

Tancred

[This message has been edited by Tancred (edited 08-27-2001).]