Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 08-30-2001, 05:57 PM   #11
Ryanamur
Fzoul Chembryl

Glad to see the first test came back negative... that is a huge relief. Still hoping for the best for the second test.

(virtually crossing fingers on both hands now)

Good luck to all of you and keep us posted.

------------------
If I am because I think, then, if I talk without thinking, I'm not really talking! Am I?
Old 08-30-2001, 09:41 PM   #12
Jafin
Symbol of Cyric

Glad to hear that the first test came back negative. That's good news! Hoping and praying that the next one comes back with as good of results. Let us know!

Best wishes,
-Jafin

------------------

Arch-Mage of the HADB
Destroyer of the evil Bunnies
Guardian of Boo and best friend of Minsc
Old 08-30-2001, 09:44 PM   #13
Fljotsdale
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Oh, what a relief! I was so worried for you all. Let's hope the mass in her lung is benign now, so it can just be removed.

------------------

Old 08-30-2001, 10:00 PM   #14
Tananda
Elminster

We really, really glad that the first test was negative, and we all here pray that the next one would have good results. Keep us updated, please, since all of us worry about your mom's state, Ziroc.
Best wishes to your mom, you and your family!

Hugs,
Tanda

P.S. And yes, it always takes positively ages for doctors to come up with a certain statement. Waiting is not the easiest thing to bear...
Old 09-11-2001, 12:46 AM   #15
Ziroc

We got the results back last Friday, and my other 2 sisters have come down to 'replace' my sister that has been here for 3 weeks.. My Mom DOES have cancer.

I never NEVER thought this would really happen, yet in the back of my mind, I was preparing for it if it happened. It's called "Adenocarcinoma" and inside the lining of her Lung. She had a small piece of the lung removed. It's been really hard.. the Doctor said life span may last a year, but we are working to see if we can get her into this really good Cancer Hospital in Tampa, called "Moffit".

I would have posted sooner, but it's been hard even TALKING about it. She has still been getting fluid on her lung, and it's been draining..

She did smoke, but quit 15 years ago.. but it doesn't matter they say. She is 70, and this type of cancer is usually found in 64-70 year olds.. This is bad, but I am still strong. We'll do all we can to see if we can get it removed or into remission.. This Cancer Hospital uses NEW techniques, so its not just chemotherapy.

Anyway, I am going to bed.. Reading helps get my mind off this. It's all like some bad dream, and you don't wanna believe its true, but there is no waking up.

We'll get through this, one way or another!

Dan "Ziroc"

Old 09-11-2001, 01:20 AM   #16
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Dan, I'm so sorry. Many prayers for you and your family. Can't even tell you how sad I am to hear this.

Just know that many of us are here, thinking of you and your family and that we would offer our strength and our tears. You are loved, Dan. Take solace there. I hope and pray that your mom is painfree and as comfortable as possible for all the time she has with you.

May God Bless you all.

Amber
aka Cloudy

------------------

Raindancer of the Laughing Hyenas Clan
Storm-Queen
Raven's Cloud
StormCloud of the Black Knight: Heart Mind Soul Forever
"To sleep, perchance to dream..."
Old 09-11-2001, 01:28 AM   #17
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Dan, I'm so sorry to hear that. My prayers are with you and your family each night. We're all here for you, as your friends.

------------------
Old 09-11-2001, 06:35 AM   #18
Fljotsdale
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

I'm really sorry to hear that, Ziroc. How good it is to know you have such a caring family, supporting each other at this time. I do hope you get her into Moffit Hospital, and that the treatment is successful.
Remember we are here for you as well.

(((((((HUGS)))))))

------------------

Old 09-11-2001, 07:14 AM   #19
Melusine
Dracolisk

Oh my God Dan, I am so sorry! Words fail me, as there are no words that I could say that could help you in a situation like this... I can only hope and pray that your mother will be able to get a treatment that works, and that she will be as well as possible. We're all thinking of you, your mother and all involved, and we'll be here if you need to let off steam, OK? I will keep all of you in my thoughts
*big hug*

------------------
Melusine, Sultry Elflet, High Queen of Fluffies, Archbabe of the OHF, LH and HADB

Your voice is ambrosia
Amy Brown Fantasy Art
Old 09-11-2001, 07:26 AM   #20
WOLFGIR
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

Dan, I´m so sorry. Empty words and all, but you hang in there friend.
I have lost two granparents to cancer, but a relative of mine beat his, so there is hope, as long as your mom fights it, and with todays technology, there is a chance.

A big hug to you friend, I do hold my thumbs wishing for the best!

Sincerely/Wolfgir