Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 10-29-2000, 09:57 AM   #1
Ryan
Welcomed New User

ive been attakin this arsehole and nuthins workin!!!
Old 10-29-2000, 01:32 PM   #2
ben the man

i had a lot of trouble myself whit him
he gives 20 000 experience or more
i killed him by summoning monsters ( aeriel servants ) , they are the only ones who could damage him
i slept when my boys where killed and i summoned them again and again , for a few days untill the golem died
the golem is too fat to come trough the gate to you so you must be safe , just let those aeriel servants do their job.....
binniboy@hotmail.com

Old 10-29-2000, 02:16 PM   #3
Ursusfury

I didn't do this quest (I'm assuming your in the Red Dragon's dungeon) until after I emerged from the underdark, so Minsc was around level 12 or 13 when I did this. I simply gave him a cleric staff plus 3 (remember some golems are only hurt with blunt weapons) and sent him near the doorway to beat on him. Now Minsc had a ring of regen, as well as an AC of -5 which helped a bunch, as well as a belt of strength that boosted his str to 23 or so. Everytime he hit, he only hit for 2, and when he criticaled, he only hit for 4, so this battle took a while, but just have your healers ready and he'll take him down soon enough. Be prepared for this later on, because in the last chapter you face 2 or 3 of them, and you don't have the luxury of them not being able to get through a door. I haven't tried this myself, but Adamantite disintegrates when hit by light, maybe a priest undead (light) spell would work, like sunray or something. Just a thought.

Old 10-29-2000, 02:39 PM   #4
lordkymil

Easiest way to beat golems (adamantite, iron, etc) is by cloudkill, it hammers them to the point where you can pretty much battle them on even terms. It helps a lot if you have the Rod of Smiting which can slay them in one hit but even if you don't:

1. Get your thief to hide in shadows and sneak up to right where he appears (he won't see your thief). Then back up just so that he disappears from view.
2. March your mage up to just behind your thief so they're both out of view and get him to cast cloudkill with the target near where the golem is.
3. After casting run back so that when he runs forward to find you he won't. He'll just stand there and suffer, you'll probably take about 30%-50% of his HP. Just cast cloudkill again if you need to, it will weaken him to the point where you can get your hasted fighters in, maybe with the Flail of Ages if you have that.

From memory i think it is only the clay golems that need magic blunt weapons, I think i beat the adamantite and iron golems with a magic sword.

Old 10-29-2000, 04:33 PM   #5
Rikard

You dont HAVE to kill him btw
i just let my paladin use a sanctuary spell to pick up the stuff

Old 10-29-2000, 08:10 PM   #6
ashketchem

i dont know if i was just lucky or what but i used keldorn with a two handed sword and keldorn never got hit once because he was too far away for the golem to hit him. i think that it was because i had my own earth elemental in the door way which the ele was too big to get through so keldorn couldnt run up next to the golem.

Old 10-29-2000, 09:36 PM   #7
Vain

Hmm.. I haven't had any problems killing them, but hey, when I faced them I was about lvl 19 with my main character (Kensai) and Minsc where around 17. He also wielded the flail of ages and that nasty-mace-that-kills-undead (can't remember it's name right now). Hmm.. when I think about it I lowered their resistance with about 50%, would this help? I dunno.. =)

Old 10-30-2000, 12:47 AM   #8
Ryan
Welcomed New User

tenkshu guys! uve been a great help!!!
Old 10-30-2000, 12:51 AM   #9
Larry

I just cast an imprisonment spell on him, and he kinda, well...went away...

Old 11-08-2000, 07:20 AM   #10
Arachnia Vandriel

Heh, you guys know how to complicate things dont you...all you need is a +3 or better missile weapon, the one i used to kill the iron golem and the adamantite when i was still crappy was azuredge (+3 throwing axe, returns to thrower). just stand back and pummel..

at later levels replace with tansherons bow or everards sling (then at least you dont waste ammo)