Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal

Old 12-17-2006, 12:07 PM   #1
Tyrion
Quintesson

I recently started a run through the complete BG series playing a dwarf fighter cleric. I also bought a new set of kick-ass speakers to really enjoy gaming.

Now here is my problem. I have searched the web for good dwarf portraits, but to no awail. I just can't seem to find any good portraits for BG anymore, there are some for NWN but they are the wrong format. How do I convert them, do I need some fancy program?

I also haven't found a good dwarven soundset worthy of my new Z4 speakers. Does someone have a clue? A good aligned one would be golden!

Lastly, is there anyway to change the avatar of my charachter to that of the BG1 Dwarven cleric, that must have been the most awesome PC-avatar in the whole series!

Sorry for the long post, I hope someone can help...

[ 12-17-2006, 12:29 PM: Message edited by: Tyrion ]
Old 12-17-2006, 02:30 PM   #2
ElfBane
Mephistopheles

Portraits:
http://www.fileplanet.com/filelist.aspx?s=76033&v=0
and
http://perso.orange.fr/cassinus/
dwarf portraits start on pg3.

Sound sets:
http://www.fileplanet.com/filelist.aspx?s=40845&v=0

Changing avatar:
http://www.tgeweb.com/ironworks/bald...2/cheats.shtml
all the way at the bottom is the avatar change code. It has some drawbacks. It has to be done everytime you load the game up. Just bring up the cheat codes and cycle thru the avatars until you get to the one you want. I don't know of any mods that change the avatar permanently. Do a search for "BG2 mods" and you will get lucky, but whether you find what you want.....I don't know.
HTH

[ 12-17-2006, 02:38 PM: Message edited by: ElfBane ]

Iraq and Afghan fatalities: 6,855 and counting. Silence IS consent.
ElfBane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006, 03:21 PM   #3
ZFR
Legion Symbol

I think you can change the avatar permanently using Shadowkeeper. I never used the program myself but from all the talking about tit on the forums I think it can be done.
Old 12-17-2006, 08:20 PM   #4
Kyrvias
Lord Ao

You're right. Using Shadowkeeper you can change the portraits of your PC, or any other, from the list of *all* portraits in the game.

For an awesome Dwarf soundset, or portrait, I would recomend snagging some Icewind Dale portraits. If I recall, they had an amazingly good dwarf soundset, (Easier than goblin pie!) and some pretty good avatars.
Kyrvias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2006, 06:24 AM   #5
Tyrion
Quintesson

but is there a function for avatar change in SK? I guess it isnt the "Dwarf Cleric Low"...

second: where can I find those soundsets? Have looked around, I only found a converting program for the audio files...but i dont have the files!

[ 12-18-2006, 06:39 AM: Message edited by: Tyrion ]
Old 12-18-2006, 07:42 AM   #6
ElfBane
Mephistopheles

Quote:
Originally posted by Tyrion:
but is there a function for avatar change in SK? I guess it isnt the "Dwarf Cleric Low"...

second: where can I find those soundsets? Have looked around, I only found a converting program for the audio files...but i dont have the files!
The soundset link I sent you allows you to DL the soundsets! FilePlanet are punks about DL'ing unless you are a member, but catch them in the early morning and there should be no wait.

[ 12-18-2006, 07:43 AM: Message edited by: ElfBane ]

Iraq and Afghan fatalities: 6,855 and counting. Silence IS consent.
ElfBane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2006, 08:31 AM   #7
Tyrion
Quintesson

ok problem 1 & 2 are fixed...but avatar is fine for now. I dont want to fiddle anymore as the game is strangely laggy anough as it is...
Old 12-18-2006, 11:32 PM   #8
Kyrvias
Lord Ao

Whoa whoa whoa. To fix the avatar, with Shadowkeeper, all you have to do is, when it's open and you have a save game you're editing, click the "Change Avatar" button under the respected character's portrait.

Unless you mean change the paperdoll back to it's BG I counterpart. Because that, as far as I know, is impossible.
Kyrvias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2007, 12:11 AM   #9
With Rye
Welcomed New User

Quote:
Originally posted by Kyrvias:
Unless you mean change the paperdoll back to it's BG I counterpart. Because that, as far as I know, is impossible.
Spellhold Studios has a nice mod that takes care of this: http://www.spellholdstudios.net/mods/1pp/.
With Rye is offline   Reply With Quote