Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-07-2001, 11:49 AM   #21
onthepequod
Quintesson

Quote:
Originally posted by Gwhanos, Lord Of Evil:
Black skies..... were there bone dragons flying about?

No, much worse. Mosquitos! They are the state bird you know.

------------------
Old 09-07-2001, 11:51 AM   #22
onthepequod
Quintesson

Quote:
Originally posted by Conan:
Hi Onthepequod! I was wondering about you! Hows that little man doing Ok, I see what you said. Great! Falls creeping by now up there huh. Take care and see you later!

*\Conan/*

[This message has been edited by Conan (edited 09-07-2001).]
Sorry I didn't reply to your last e-mail. I intended to but got very busy. Good to see you too.

------------------
Old 09-07-2001, 12:48 PM   #23
Moni

onthepequod!

I've missed you!
I hope you and yours are all well!
How's lil' onthepequod?!
I am a college girl these days. Working to get a degree in Education so I can teach elementary school here locally three years from now when most of the teachers already here plan on retiring.
My pup is still short but weighs 43 lbs. He's all muscle man...and he has started hiking a leg!!! I am so proud!

------------------

You know childhood is over when a puddle seems like an obstacle instead of an opportunity.

Is Too! Is Not! Is Too! Is Not!

Old 09-07-2001, 03:10 PM   #24
onthepequod
Quintesson

Quote:
Originally posted by Moni:
onthepequod!

I've missed you!
I hope you and yours are all well!
How's lil' onthepequod?!
I am a college girl these days. Working to get a degree in Education so I can teach elementary school here locally three years from now when most of the teachers already here plan on retiring.
My pup is still short but weighs 43 lbs. He's all muscle man...and he has started hiking a leg!!! I am so proud!

Moni,

It’s good to see you! How are you enjoying college life (the studying that is)? Presumably you’re not taking in the Greek life.

I’m glad to hear your pup found his manhood (please no snide comments about men and dogs).

Have you saved any wayward animals lately?

------------------
Old 09-07-2001, 03:34 PM   #25
Moni

Quote:
Originally posted by onthepequod:
Moni,

It’s good to see you! How are you enjoying college life (the studying that is)? Presumably you’re not taking in the Greek life.

I’m glad to hear your pup found his manhood (please no snide comments about men and dogs).

Have you saved any wayward animals lately?

I am loving college! It is hard to find the time to study, keep up on the house and hang out on the internet LOL but somehow I am managing and still doing well in school!

Yes, poor pup...no sooner did he start hiking that leg, he matured and we got him neutered! For a little guy, he has a possessive streak over his yard and me & Rex and appeared to have the potential for great violence. He just had surgery Wednesday and seems to be taking it all in stride. He'll still herd the cats though LOL!

I did keep a stray kitten for a neighbor lady the other day while she had to work and we paid for its first vet visit since she is a diabetic and takes three shots of insulin per day...she works part time and her husband collects disability so they are always tight on cash with ongoing medical expenses. A cute little cat! A bob-tailed and cross-eyed tabby that she named Maynerd
I don't remember if you saw EV, the little yellow kitten Rex brought home either...he lives at Rex's parents now with Jennie, another one of our rescues that they took in last year.

The count here remains 10 cats, 3 dogs and 9 fish...the fish had babies but I left them (2 that I ever saw) in the pond and they got eaten along with Darrell and Darrell, the two algae eaters.

I almost had a turtle today...I saw it on the interstate on my way home from school (centered the axle over him to keep from running him over) but the nearest safe place to pull off was a mile away and by the time I drove the frontage road back and climbed the embankment to the highway, he had gone over the other side. The thought of snakes and things in the overgrowth kept me from going to look for him and since he had made it off the interstate in one piece I knew he was OK...it'll break my heart to be coming home some day and seeing him flattened though, esp since we have the pond and turtles and toads could easily live in safety and peace there. If I ever see him out there again, he's mine!

------------------

You know childhood is over when a puddle seems like an obstacle instead of an opportunity.

Old 09-07-2001, 04:11 PM   #26
onthepequod
Quintesson

Quote:
Originally posted by Moni:

I am loving college! It is hard to find the time to study, keep up on the house and hang out on the internet LOL but somehow I am managing and still doing well in school!

Yes, poor pup...no sooner did he start hiking that leg, he matured and we got him neutered! For a little guy, he has a possessive streak over his yard and me & Rex and appeared to have the potential for great violence. He just had surgery Wednesday and seems to be taking it all in stride. He'll still herd the cats though LOL!

I did keep a stray kitten for a neighbor lady the other day while she had to work and we paid for its first vet visit since she is a diabetic and takes three shots of insulin per day...she works part time and her husband collects disability so they are always tight on cash with ongoing medical expenses. A cute little cat! A bob-tailed and cross-eyed tabby that she named Maynerd
I don't remember if you saw EV, the little yellow kitten Rex brought home either...he lives at Rex's parents now with Jennie, another one of our rescues that they took in last year.

The count here remains 10 cats, 3 dogs and 9 fish...the fish had babies but I left them (2 that I ever saw) in the pond and they got eaten along with Darrell and Darrell, the two algae eaters.

I almost had a turtle today...I saw it on the interstate on my way home from school (centered the axle over him to keep from running him over) but the nearest safe place to pull off was a mile away and by the time I drove the frontage road back and climbed the embankment to the highway, he had gone over the other side. The thought of snakes and things in the overgrowth kept me from going to look for him and since he had made it off the interstate in one piece I knew he was OK...it'll break my heart to be coming home some day and seeing him flattened though, esp since we have the pond and turtles and toads could easily live in safety and peace there. If I ever see him out there again, he's mine!

Neutered?!?!? How could you? You brute! You fiend! You socially responsible person!

As a side note, why do you suppose they call it being “fixed.” That is, why do some say “I had my dog fixed today.” I would seem to me ruined or dismantled would be more appropriate. For example, “we took Spike to the vet and had him dismantled.” Other appropriate substitutions could be disarmed, subdued, emasculated, demoted, stripped, or downgraded. Scraped could also be appropriate since the dog’s genetic blueprint will not be perpetuated. Many terms could work but not fixed. Fixed connotes something being righted. I find this wanton use of "fixed" disturbing.

------------------

[This message has been edited by onthepequod (edited 09-07-2001).]
Old 09-07-2001, 04:18 PM   #27
Father Bronze
Baaz Draconian

Quote:
Our son is doing well and is a source of great joy for us! He started sleeping through the night promptly at 6 weeks and when he last visited the Pediatrician was still in the 98% percentile for height and weight. Thanks for asking.

It's nice to hear from you again,

I just thought you should know that my daughter (95th percentile) would do well with your son eventhough she is almost two years older.

It's been a busy summer. I just recently returned to teaching and returned to IW as well. I never did finish all of my summer projects, but I thought of you a few times, mostly while mowing the lawn LOL. I think I did well by not mowing for several weeks -- too hot, too rainy, too busy, too lazy, I'm sure you know how the excuses pile up.

Hope this post finds you and yours doing well,

Father Bronze

Old 09-07-2001, 05:48 PM   #28
onthepequod
Quintesson

Quote:
Originally posted by Father Bronze:
It's nice to hear from you again,

I just thought you should know that my daughter (95th percentile) would do well with your son eventhough she is almost two years older.

It's been a busy summer. I just recently returned to teaching and returned to IW as well. I never did finish all of my summer projects, but I thought of you a few times, mostly while mowing the lawn LOL. I think I did well by not mowing for several weeks -- too hot, too rainy, too busy, too lazy, I'm sure you know how the excuses pile up.

Hope this post finds you and yours doing well,

Father Bronze

Somehow I doubt either of our children will end up being jockeys. My family and I are doing very well, thank you. I hope you and your family are as well.

Just to let you know, every time I think about going to Mickey’s I think of your trip to the Twin Cities.

------------------
Old 09-08-2001, 09:35 PM   #29
Moni

Quote:
Neutered?!?!? How could you? You brute! You fiend! You socially responsible person!

As a side note, why do you suppose they call it being “fixed.” That is, why do some say “I had my dog fixed today.” I would seem to me ruined or dismantled would be more appropriate. For example, “we took Spike to the vet and had him dismantled.” Other appropriate substitutions could be disarmed, subdued, emasculated, demoted, stripped, or downgraded. Scraped could also be appropriate since the dog’s genetic blueprint will not be perpetuated. Many terms could work but not fixed. Fixed connotes something being righted. I find this wanton use of "fixed" disturbing.

Too funny onthepequod!
I am laughing almost too hard to type!
We should make society use the correct terms shouldn't we? I don't think it is fixing them myself, even though I am conditioned to using that term for the procedure.
Most shocking to me was going in to the vets for the first time with Boo to make an appointment to get him "neutered" only to have the recptionist hand me an appointment card with a smile and say, "OK! Don't let him eat after 6 p.m. the night before his appointment date and get him in by 8 a.m. the next morning to be castrated!" Another proper term of course but "neutered" sounds so much less severe!
Hercules seems to be taking it all too well...it has not slowed him down one bit! He poked his head through the cat door and stole one of my sandals LOL. Lucky for him they were the cheap ones.

------------------

Old 09-08-2001, 09:49 PM   #30
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

OTP! *bat bat* You have been absent too long my friend! My flutter-stalking skills are rusty!

I love hearing updates on your little one.Before we know it he'll be at the keyboard typing us messages: "HELP, they won't let me have my PC Weekly til I eat my strained carrots!" or perhaps "Would you all talk sense into daddy? He says I'm not allowed to use the table saw til I can reach the table without a chair! Humph, Parents! "

Speaking of saws.. done any woodworking lately? I need a custom cabinet/hutch unit for my kitchen.. you work on commission? LOL

I'm busy deciding which room needs cleaning most so I can then contemplate whether or not to do anything about it. Also learning more about the gentleman who has entered my life with a pretty big impact and may turn things upside down not too long from now... you guys sure do like to do that, don't you?! Now, if he just lived in MN all I'd have to worry about is your horrendous weather, as you aren't so far away from me as he is, clear across the country and all.

KDog! Moridin! Sounds like you all get pretty nasty weather! We've had a few tornados go through my neighborhood. Hope your fall weather is a bit less tempestuous.

Cloudy

------------------

Raindancer of the Laughing Hyenas Clan
Storm-Queen
Raven's Cloud
StormCloud of the Black Knight: Heart Mind Soul Forever
"To sleep, perchance to dream..."