Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-01-2002, 01:21 AM   #1
Vohnkar
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I love this game and i just started a new argonian fighter mage with a bunch of new mods that i hadn't tried before. My problem is that some of the mods mess up NPC dialog so i cant talk to them. this is a big problem when you have to finish a quest. does anyone know of a way to get arounf this??? or maybe you know which mods are notorious for this??? i dont have a problem deleting a mod, but the problem is that finding the mod that is messing it up can take hours (i have about 50 mods)of clicking trying to load a saved game. any help would be appreciated.
Vohnkar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2002, 01:46 AM   #2
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
That's a lot of mods dude, some of them can screw up your game, make it crash, or give you errors, ever had problems with that ?
Old 11-01-2002, 02:23 AM   #3
Vohnkar
Elite Waterdeep Guard

no errors just the broken dialog. i usually check the mod and make sure that it works, but i couldnt check every quest... funny thing is that it only messes up the dialog in one place that i have seen. it is in an ebony mine where you have to give a wood elf 20 flin for a warrior's guild quest
Vohnkar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2002, 02:36 AM   #4
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Well, that's not so bad, i've heard stranger things.
Old 11-01-2002, 03:33 AM   #5
Karn Moil
Dungeon Master

Load up the TES kit with all your MODS tagged and then search in NCP list for this char and add the Dialogue line you need, just make sure the Active mod is the last on the list and save the changes to this one, as the mods are changed in the order they are on the list, so if you corrected this and saved to a MOd that is before the corrupted one on the list it will right the problem then when it reaches the infected MOD change it back to the problem again.

Although any changes with the dialogue on a char can affect other characters throughout Morrowind even if they reside at the other side of the island, dont know why.
Karn Moil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2002, 11:07 AM   #6
Rageheart
Emerald Dragon

I have no idea what youre talking about..........