Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum > Wizards & Warriors Archives

Old 11-07-2000, 12:24 AM   #1
Lora

Any idiot knows that it is the Mavin NOT the Marvin!

Old 11-07-2000, 12:37 AM   #2
Eldurin
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Whenever you give any item to another character in the Inn, make sure you have that character *leave* the Inn and then return, or you will lose items.

From that I have heard, you can also hurt Cet with the Liche's staff. Another possibility is hex editing yourself a new Mavin.
Old 11-07-2000, 11:01 AM   #3
Tucks

When i went into the Town inn, i removed a player (who had the Marvin Sword in his invintory) from the list in my team.... and when i put him back, the Marvin was gone.... Do i actualy need the swrod to Finish the game, or can i just kill cet with "mortal" means?

Old 11-07-2000, 11:13 AM   #4
Silversword

You need the sword to kill Cet.

It is more likely that you sold the sword in one of the shops. Go back to the shops and check their inventory.

Old 11-07-2000, 11:28 AM   #5
Tucks

Im no idiot......
i didnt sell it, i had a character with keys, a crystal and a statue of Kerah, the serpant wand, and the Marvin.... and when i removed him from the party (i removed the whole party).... by the time i put them back, most of my parties items where gone from their invintorys... except for gold, potions, and what they where wearing....

Old 11-07-2000, 04:15 PM   #6
willy1

Tucks:

I have been reading a lot of post on this forum. And I have also ran into some of the same probs. If you have checked the stores, double checked to make sure its not on a diff char, then here is what has most likely happened. (Also note the fact doing any of the aforementioned does not make u an idiot, just makes u human)

First, there is a bug in the inn. Quest items tend vaporize on chars left in the end. I have heard ppl losing items left on mules that are placed in the inn. As far as I can tell, STAY AWAY FROM THE INN! If you must go there, be careful with what u bring. And don’t leave the inn with the chars that have items you want.

Another possibility is a full inventory. This happened to me with the band of boars. My ratman opens all the chest and gets all the crap. So he fills up fast. If stuff falls, I simply have someone else pick it up. But there is always the chance I didn’t realize I dropped something. And when u leave, what was left is lost for good. While I am sure this didn’t happen to u, it is just a possibility.

As for solving your prob, you have 2 choices. One is risky, the other one might get under your skin. First, you could do as Eldurin suggested and hex edit. To me that opens up a world of probs, not to mention the fact I don’t think many ppl can do. It also could be considered cheating, but if u simply give yourself a lost Mavin, then no harm done. Just be careful! Wouldn’t want to screw the game up. Next, you can restart the quest. It is an option found under "games" in the options menu. That would mean you would have to do everything. But, believe me you would jet through everything. I completely restarted with new chars after I had made it to the 2nd town. Well, the crypt took me about 30min. And that was cuz I opened every create etc. Finally, I am sure you have tried this one. But go back to the Mavin shrine, cross your fingers and hope its there! If the game doesn’t have many item safeguards. But perhaps he has one for the most important item!

Willy1