Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-10-2004, 07:20 AM   #41
Skippy1
Elminster

I was banned from a village pub three years on the trot! Only ever went in there on the last work day before Christmas with my work mates. Never remembered leaving, and don't know why I was banned really as I couldn't really believe what my mates said I was getting up to. The funniest part was that every year the pub changed hands before Christmas, so I'd get back in!
Old 06-10-2004, 08:10 AM   #42
philip
Galvatron

I've been banned with a friend from a UT2003 server. LOL it was my first time playing UT at all and he had been playing online once and we were 1st and 2nd with like 20 more kills than the owner. Then we got kicked out.
Old 06-10-2004, 09:38 AM   #43
Bozos of Bones
Apophis

Those serve as examples that some poeple just shouldn't be allowed to be game hosts, dungeon masters, admins etc.
Old 06-10-2004, 10:44 AM   #44
Son of Osiris

Yeah I've been banned... by those pigs at the Nordock Forums just for expressing a little bit of anger. I hope their love of cencorship kills them!

Old 06-10-2004, 10:47 AM   #45
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by The Whackmiester:
Yeah I've been banned... by those pigs at the Nordock Forums just for expressing a little bit of anger. I hope their love of cencorship kills them!
I see the anger management classes paid off, then.

Is it unusual for players to be banned for doing better than a mod/admin on these online games everyone is mentioning or does it happen alot?
Old 06-10-2004, 12:54 PM   #46
philip
Galvatron

Quote:
Originally posted by Cloudbringer:
Is it unusual for players to be banned for doing better than a mod/admin on these online games everyone is mentioning or does it happen alot?
Yes, I'd say it's unusual. If you play online it's just for the fun and about being the best, but fair. I hate it when people abuse their host/admin powers to win a game while they're actually not good at a game at all. I mean it's cool if you can actually get some kills in too but if you don't want players that are much better than you or players you don't know you should password-protect or make a private server.
Old 06-10-2004, 01:45 PM   #47
quietman1920

Well, I was once invited to visit a conservative view forum. I lurked for a while and then posted that while I had no doubt that they all loved their country, that diversity was its strong point and that a world with just one opinion might well be a very bland place to live.

I was banned faster than a noose can be thrown over the limb of a tree.

I was banned from a community swimming pool for re-directing the out-put of the water exchanger. I should explain that its an apparatus used to lower the pool water temperture by taking in normal temperture water, chilling it to 32F, and circulating into the pool. Unfortunately, I redirected the output up into the lifeguard stand. She was Not amused (but did hit a high octave 'C'.)

I was 'permanently banned' from a local hardware store for 'causing a ruckus'. (I was laughing at the paint can shaker)

And lastly, at the age of 5, I was 'banned for life' from the Ginger Bread Castle toddler amusement park for harrassing the train engineer. The ride was moving rather slowly and I started what became a rather popular chant of "Floor It Mister, Floor It!!!"
Old 06-10-2004, 02:10 PM   #48
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

ROTFLOL! I want to party with you, quietman...
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Old 06-10-2004, 02:51 PM   #49
Illumina Drathiran'ar
Apophis

5 Card Draw Champion
I concur, I think Quietman would fit in quite nicely with my circle of friends.
I have to ask, though. Was there a particular reason you were laughing at the paint can shaker?

http://xkcd.com/386/
http://www.xkcd.com/406/

My heart is like my coffee. Black, bitter, icy, and with a straw.
Old 06-10-2004, 02:56 PM   #50
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Yes, do tell! I have to buy paint tomorrow and don't want to be banned from Walmart! [img]graemlins/heee.gif[/img]