Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal

Old 07-31-2002, 11:48 AM   #1
pschub
Dungeon Master

I seem to be having a tough time with Mencar Pebblecrusher. I have been able to wipe out the sorcerrer first to avoid the confuse spells but the other members of the gang always seem to do me in. I have used haste, bless, chant and strenthen spells. What other strategy/tactic works well for this band? btw I have completed the battle with 1/3 of my party being killed but was wondering if there was a better way to approach this where all my six party members can remain alive. TIA btw my party members are at levels 5-6
pschub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2002, 11:55 AM   #2
Kaltia
Jack Burton

levels 5-6? Are you sure this is shadows of amn?...And whose Mencar Pebblecrusher, where do you fight him?

The wolf is as cunning as he is ferocious; once he's had a taste of flesh then nothing else will do.
Kaltia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2002, 11:59 AM   #3
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Characters start off at level 7 minimum, multiclassed start around 6/6. Where did your level 5-6 members come from?

Mebble Pebblecrusher is a fight on the second floor of the Den of the Seven Vales in Waukeen's Promenade.
Dundee Slaytern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2002, 12:02 PM   #4
pschub
Dungeon Master

yes it is shadows of amn and my party members levels range from 8 to 11 my mistake on the previous post... Mencar Pebblecrusher is found on the second floor of the Seven Vails Inn in Waukeen's Promenade
pschub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2002, 01:08 PM   #5
Kaltia
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by pschub:
yes it is shadows of amn and my party members levels range from 8 to 11 my mistake on the previous post... Mencar Pebblecrusher is found on the second floor of the Seven Vails Inn in Waukeen's Promenade
Leave him until later, when you've gained a few levels.

The wolf is as cunning as he is ferocious; once he's had a taste of flesh then nothing else will do.
Kaltia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2002, 01:30 PM   #6
Illumina Drathiran'ar
Apophis

5 Card Draw Champion
Since they don't have magic resistance, I don't think it's that cheesy to fire a Wand of Cloudkill into the middle of the room. After that you could be cheesy and make your mage invisible and have everyone else scurry downstairs while the idiots stand around and take damage. The mage will cast True Sight, so have Nondetection or the Cloak of Nondetection on your mage.

http://xkcd.com/386/
http://www.xkcd.com/406/

My heart is like my coffee. Black, bitter, icy, and with a straw.
Illumina Drathiran'ar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2002, 01:36 PM   #7
Zarr
Symbol of Cyric

You can attempt this fight if you wish it is possible to win. Mencar Pebblecrusher is a real threat try getting someone to cast a hold spell on him, this will allow you to take him out. You have the right idea about the mage as well take him out fast to avoid his chaos spells. Another good tactic is to set some traps with Yoshimo these can inflict hold on people. Good luck you can do it!
Old 07-31-2002, 01:41 PM   #8
philip
Galvatron

Summoning some help is good too. Animal Summoning is nice but Fire Elementals are the best (don't know if your party's level is high enough).
philip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2002, 02:40 PM   #9
Iced Earth IV
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Use the Ring of Charisma thing to charm Smaeluv Orcslicer. Then just send fireballs in (even two will do it). Most likely Pooky and the Sorcerous Amon will die, leaving you with Mencar, Brennan Risling, and a "friendly" foe. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Iced Earth IV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2002, 02:24 AM   #10
Blytzz
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I did this fight solo with my level 11 sorc. I just fired off a few webs in the room, and then sent in the reinforcements (aka spider summons) to mop up the group. If you have trouble with web holding them, fire off a greater mallision first.
Blytzz is offline   Reply With Quote