Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 11-01-2001, 06:02 PM   #1
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

To shadow, Talthyr and Legalos (Talthyr, Legalos, IF you want to come)

You walked out of the Sunnyvile. The fight had made you little uncomfortable, so you decided to have some fresh air, and let Lady Liliara deal with her business. After all, you considered, it is not proper for a stranger to hear someone's past.

The local stores are still open, not an unusual thing at this time of the year. Spring had brought more adventures to the great city than any other seasons. Merchant District, where congregated most city economy appears busy as at daytime. Lights on the street had brightened the east quater of the city. Every dozen steps, you can find a guard stood watchfully. Many people were still awake, most of them appear to be middle class, chating, doing killtime stuff. None of them seemed to be disturbed by the fighting in Sunnyvile.

To your left, a particular store attracted your attention. The house is moderate size, couple customers came in and out occansionally, a big sign stuck out:

Charlemagne's Alchemy Shop

We offer the best medicine, herb, potions in town!

To your right, a blacksmith shop

Mountain Clan Kin's House of Weaponery
BEST darn price!!

[This message has been edited by 250 (edited 11-01-2001).]
Old 11-01-2001, 06:43 PM   #2
Talthyr Malkaviel
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Talthyr looked moderately interested when his eyes met the alchemists sign, and thought it may be useful to pay a visit.
While there he fished a few old looking gold coins out of his pockets and spread them on the table, and asked what useful stuff they had.
After purchasing a few assorted potions of healing and the like he decided to make his way to the south gate (ooc :wrote that in 'the first day'), as well as a new ebony pipe, some tabacco and a contented smirk.

------------------
Resident cantankerous sorcerer of the Clan HADB
and Sorcerous Nuttella salesman of the O.R.T

Long live HADB!!!

'What doesn't kill me makes me stronger'
Old 11-01-2001, 07:00 PM   #3
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

To Talthyr (I dont know about the others, West gate, by the way)

The alchemist is a middle aged woman. She is little overweight and short. Her dress clean, not luxury but clean. Some minor scratches and stains had shown it to be worn long, and the stains possibly came from handling numerous types of potions. Her back bent, and face covered with aging cracks. A pair of glass on her nose tip, she is concntrating on a scroll.

Looking up to you, she smiled kindly
"What be your wish, dear?"

Before you could answer, another high pitched voice interrupted:

"The spyglasses you sold me doesn't work, Maggie! you better explain to me, or!"

Old 11-01-2001, 07:04 PM   #4
Prime2U
Zhentarim Guard

After securing the basic provisions, Shadow headed over to the alchemists shop. He had an idea that those special arrowheads he'd made months ago may come in handy on this adventure, if he got lucky with the alchemist, that is. When he got there, he found the sorceror watching a dialogue between the woman proprietess and an odd little man.

------------------

"Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans." - Lennon

[This message has been edited by Prime2U (edited 11-01-2001).]
Old 11-01-2001, 07:04 PM   #5
Talthyr Malkaviel
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

ooc : oops, this dialogue I'm doing now is actually somewhere in my last post, just saying for all those who might get confused.

ic: *hmm, well, do you stock potions of healing and the sort, those which may be useful for one embarking on an adventure.*
*Also do you have any fine strong tobacco? And perhaps a good quality pipe?*
He shoved forwards the coins on the counter, hoping it would cover the costs, but got ready to get some more if it was needed.

------------------
Resident cantankerous sorcerer of the Clan HADB
and Sorcerous Nuttella salesman of the O.R.T

Long live HADB!!!

'What doesn't kill me makes me stronger'
Old 11-01-2001, 07:07 PM   #6
Prime2U
Zhentarim Guard

OOC: ok so 250 posted while I was...ummm I did that before or after what's going on now, one or the other
Old 11-01-2001, 07:07 PM   #7
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

OOC: please read my second post

if you want to add things, use edit, instead of post, this makes things more clear

both of you, would you mind do a bit editing? take turns thx

Old 11-01-2001, 07:26 PM   #8
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

The high pitched voice came from a man who just entered the shop, he is short and skinny, wearing ragged clothes. His long nose pointy, a pair of mice-looking eyes with thin eyebrows. His left hand holds a long staff, on top of it hanging a sign "Aristotle the Seer", in his belt, couple patchments stuck in neat order.

He walked to the counter, and before either the woodsman or the sorcerer could struck a conversation with the old shopkeeper, he threw a strange pipeshaped long bottle on the table:

"This, this is supposed to work!! do you know you made me lose two days's business??? let along those crazy customers who came back and chased me for almost three blocks!! heh, forget about the guards then! now I want my money back AND one hundred silver pieces for the trouble!"

OOC: they dont sell oil of impact

Old 11-01-2001, 07:44 PM   #9
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Maggie scowled the old man: "tsk tsk tsk, honey, you just cannot keep yourself off trouble while I am not there, can you? sigh... but don't you give me that old trick of yours"

The smuggy seer snorted loudly protesting: "What??! this time is REALLY your spyglasses' fault! It just DIDN'T work! now git me 100 silver piece, and I'll leave you to your business!"

Maggie chuclked: "oh, Aris, my dear Aris, that don't seem possible, why," she pauses to smell the air "did you drink again?"

Talthyr stands watching impatiently, it doesn't seem like he can buy anything tonight unless... He looks at the spyglass thoughtfully

Old 11-01-2001, 07:48 PM   #10
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

OOC: shadow, feel free to solve this