Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 04-05-2001, 06:47 AM   #31
sylent
Emerald Dragon

Geez Z!
They are so high quality, how did you get them to look like that?
Dan Huling wouldn't happen to be you would it?
I am impressed

------------------

"Watch your back" - Sylent
Master Thief of the OHF
Old 04-05-2001, 06:49 AM   #32
Sir_Tainly

Quote:
Originally posted by Ziroc:
Not the 'Official' Transformers comics by Marvel, but my own.. just for fun! I love to draw.. Real life stuff too, not just comics.

Ziroc

Well nevermind, you're still a very talented artist. I used to love drawing too, but I'm not very good, and haven't really done any after my art teacher used to ridicule me in front of the class.

------------------

Holy Avenger of the OHF

HATS for sale baby!
Sponsored by Yorick
Your ad here? Call 112 -221 -123

Old 04-05-2001, 06:57 AM   #33
Ziroc

Quote:
Originally posted by sylent:
Geez Z!
They are so high quality, how did you get them to look like that?
Dan Huling wouldn't happen to be you would it?
I am impressed

yeah, thats me . the only 'real' Characters are me, Charly (My Cat that passed away) and Choc

Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Old 04-05-2001, 06:57 AM   #34
sylent
Emerald Dragon

Ridicule?
Sounds like what I used to get...
I was constantly complimented on my "Unique" art style.
My teacher described the Genre which my drawings fitted into as "Naive" art. Very big boost to my confidence as a drawer. I only draw for myself now, and I don't do it regularly at all...
I would ultimately like to be able to draw the kind of places that I picture when I read a good Fantasy Novel, but I just can't get images from my head onto paper.
as far as the interpretation, or artistic side of me goes, I like to write.

------------------

Master Thief of the OHF
Old 04-05-2001, 07:02 AM   #35
Sir_Tainly

Quote:
Ridicule?
My teacher described the Genre which my drawings fitted into as "Naive" art. Very big boost to my confidence as a drawer. I only draw for myself now, and I don't do it regularly at all...
I would ultimately like to be able to draw the kind of places that I picture when I read a good Fantasy Novel, but I just can't get images from my head onto paper.

Well I always thought that when doing a still life is to draw what "you" see, the teacher would argue with me about what I had drawn. Well I drew it as "I" saw it and within my limit talents as an artist. If it wasn't brilliant in his eyes it's because I wasn't drawing it as well as he could. Kind of put me off doing art at school as most of the teachers were great artists but poor teachers. The best one we had left before the end of my first year.

------------------

Holy Avenger of the OHF

HATS for sale baby!
Sponsored by Yorick

Old 04-05-2001, 07:04 AM   #36
sylent
Emerald Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by Ziroc
the only 'real' Characters are me, Charly (My Cat that passed away) and Choc
I like those cards heaps!
I must be tired, I missed the connection, with your last name (huling) on the cats...

------------------

Master Thief of the OHF
Old 04-05-2001, 07:05 AM   #37
WOLFGIR
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

Quote:
Ridicule?

Hi there guys, hmm, well Ziroc, good stuff, is that wacom board anygood? have tried them but I never really liked them much.. Mostly sketches on paper and scan somtimes to do coloring..

Sylent, I understand you, I got more or less the same d from my teacher, though I left the arena of normall drawings for some time, tried to do what I do.. Well it has been over three years since i with sincerity held a pencil or a brush..

never thought to pick them up again but well, now I don´t kno, I´m tempted. Afterall I made my homepage for people like me, thoose who wanted no matter how good to get their art and stories up to be appreciated by others that understands the feeling of wanting..

Hmm, babbling again..

------------------

WOLF WINS EVERY FIGHT BUT ONE, AND IN THAT ONE, HE DIES
Old 04-05-2001, 07:10 AM   #38
sylent
Emerald Dragon

Wolfgir: I really like your picture of that fighter (Paladin), who is walking through, what looks like a sewer. It looks like you have quite an "eye for the pencil", something which I - to my extreme annoyance - seem to lack.

The thing I like about your site, is that it is there for everyone to contribute and share idea's and stuff... It could become quite big, if everyone started to contribute. As it is, it has a few good stories and pictures on it!

BTW, rambling and raving is good in my oppinion!

------------------

Master Thief of the OHF
Old 04-05-2001, 07:13 AM   #39
Sir_Tainly

Slightly diverging the thread, do any of you guys paint models and things (the kit type, and alas not the Cindy Crawford type)

I have some great aircraft painted up in 1/300 scale plus a few I've built from balsa wood. Don't really have a good way to show these off. If only I could afford a digital camera.

------------------

Holy Avenger of the OHF

HATS for sale baby!
Sponsored by Yorick

Old 04-05-2001, 07:15 AM   #40
WOLFGIR
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

Quote:
Wolfgir: I really like your picture of that fighter (Paladin), who is walking through, what looks like a sewer. It looks like you have quite an "eye for the pencil", something which I - to my extreme annoyance - seem to lack.

The thing I like about your site, is that it is there for everyone to contribute and share idea's and stuff... It could become quite big, if everyone started to contribute. As it is, it has a few good stories and pictures on it!

BTW, rambling and raving is good in my oppinion!

Hmm, well I want it to be bigger and well if more contribution are comming, I´m prepaird.

Thanks for the flattery, though I never know what things will be when i start to sketch, I follow the lines as much as they follow me..

------------------

WOLF WINS EVERY FIGHT BUT ONE, AND IN THAT ONE, HE DIES