Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 12-21-2000, 05:37 AM   #1
Raze
The Magister

I met kangaxx and gave him all his stuff and started fighting him then i thought how easy is this guy because i got him to near death very quickly. Then he said i will not be killed again blah blah blah and then he turned into a skull and he was still on near death and i couldnt hurt him watsoever and he just cast lich howler or something i cant remeber and this spelll killed my guys 1 by one except for my mage whos got the staff of the magi : ).
how do i kill him in his skull form? wat sort of weapons do i use to kill this bugger and btw should i pick pocket him before fighting him? ive heard u can get an extra gaxx rnig but sounds sort of cheating.....
Old 12-21-2000, 06:15 AM   #2
Armisael

You need +4 weapons, and if you're going to stand a chance against the demilich, you'll also need either a protection from magic scroll or a protection from undead scroll. I'd recommend the former. As soon as you have a +4 weapon and one of the two scrolls, give both of them to your best fighter and just let him kill Kangaxx alone. A warning - if you choose a protection from undead scroll, you'll need to finish the lich's first form before using it, or he won't make the transformation (or die).

Old 12-21-2000, 08:13 AM   #3
Draggor
Zhentarim Guard

This may sound a strange question from a seasoned adventurer but do the scrolls of protection from magic affect one person or the whole party because I used a pro from undead on my fighter and then had to watch on in horror as kangaxx imprisoned the rest of my party. I hope I didn't buy all those scrolls in vain. I had to buy four for Viconia as she kept resisting it.
Old 12-21-2000, 08:32 AM   #4
Satyre

Thief traps and Melfs Most Wonderful and Effective Minute Meteors are also great... park some traps under or near where he materialises and perhaps some more a little further away... you can probably lure him into the traps by moving away from him. You need quite a few Meteors spells to dispose of the lich, but if you cast spell immunity: abjuration, then his imprisonment is ineffective against you...

I had a greast battle with Kangaxx using my solo fighter/mage/thief... I ticked him to death using Melft minute meteors, drank coffee and watched the fireworks. It really reminded me of my good old MUDD days...

Anyone know how many times Kangaxx can cast emprisonment? ..and my spells didnt seem to interfere with his casting at all... see new post about Melfs Minute Meteors, too.

O yea, it is a good idea to pickpocket the lich first, for that trusty extra ring of gaxx.

Old 12-21-2000, 08:41 AM   #5
Armisael

Protection scrolls only work on one party member. Just keep everyone else away and he'll only focus on the one person. That's unless you used a protection from undead, in which case he'll ignore that one person and go after everyone else.
I don't think Kangaxx ever stops casting imprisonment. He's got some dodgy version of the spell that's ranged and takes no time to cast.