Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-14-2003, 11:47 AM   #1
Twid
Elite Waterdeep Guard

any suggestion?

im not sure if im asking the right question here

IWD the boss after the temple in dragons claw?
Twid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2003, 02:02 PM   #2
NobleNick
Quintesson

Twid,

Do you mean Dragon's Eye (DE)? A level within DE? (If so, which level?) Or the destination just after you complete DE and return to Kuldahar?

I think I know where you are; but don't want to spoil it for you, by asking pointed questions or giving detailed advice, if you are not there, yet.

What's a party,
without a song?
Bards ROCK!
Party On!!
NobleNick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2003, 05:11 PM   #3
Twid
Elite Waterdeep Guard

yes yes...the dragon eye..where tyhe floors are trap

where the little girl shows up [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-15-2003, 09:08 AM   #4
NobleNick
Quintesson

Twid,

Ah, yes, I guessed correctly (spoiler coming).

~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~

You are on the 5th (and last) level of DE; and battling "Yux." This is a tough fight, no matter how you slice it (no pun intended); but can be made easier with a bit of prep work:

1.) Kill EVERYTHING in every room leading up to the room in which you will find Yux.
2.) Find and disarm all traps in front of the door to Yux's room.
3.) Search this forum (using the "search" link near the top of this page) and enter "Yux" (no quotes) as the search term to get all sorts of good strategies. (This is probably the most discussed battle of the game.) Find a strategy and list of tactics that you think will work well for you. Most strategies include using summons, area effect spells (e.g. fireball, web and grease) and buffering the party before talking to the little girl for the last time.
4.) Tune up your spell casters to memorize the spells to support your strategy.
5.) Rest. (You may have to go back a level to do this.)
6.) After all this prep, save just before the fight; since this fight will almost certainly take several tries.

What's a party,
without a song?
Bards ROCK!
Party On!!
Old 10-15-2003, 10:39 AM   #5
Twid
Elite Waterdeep Guard

thank you thank you..i have done this level before and took me about 10 tries...but since i restarted the game..i need a little tip to defeat it the best..

one more queston..how can you level up fast without using cheats? what can i kill?
Old 10-15-2003, 12:06 PM   #6
kroma
Dungeon Master

Quote:
Originally posted by Twid:
how can you level up fast without using cheats? what can i kill?
How about ABSOLUTELY EVERYTHING...
Old 10-15-2003, 01:03 PM   #7
Twid
Elite Waterdeep Guard

im talking about when you rest inside one of the caves..you awaken monsters and stop resting...where can i camp and get consistent exp points...im been killing Cold Wights=2800xp...anything i can kill for higher xp?
Old 10-15-2003, 01:14 PM   #8
kroma
Dungeon Master

I get you Twid, I should think that anywhere in the lowest level of Dragon's
Eye would be a good place to try to get woken by some bad guys...
Old 10-15-2003, 02:31 PM   #9
NobleNick
Quintesson

Twid,

There are slightly better spots; but, for as far as you've progressed in the game, I think you're doing as best you can where you are. You might want to wander the various levels of DE and see what you roust up (or, rather, what rousts you out of a good night's sleep). One of the things I liked to do was have my party sleep in one of the pens on DE1, where they freed the humans, with my tanks guarding the opening. The monsters there are not too dangerous; and they stand no chance of getting by the tanks. It's like shooting lizards in a barrel....

What's a party,
without a song?
Bards ROCK!
Party On!!
Old 10-15-2003, 04:37 PM   #10
Twid
Elite Waterdeep Guard

hehe,,i actually just use my paladin(human) and fighter(human) do all the killing while my cleric(human), fighter/thief(Dwarf) and ranger(Half-Elf) stands guarding the my mage(human)...

Those Cold Wights has no chance against my tanks except when they come in a group of 8 which i would prefferably would have everytime i try to rest.

i did try to rest where the ettins(before i restarted) but they dont spawn except the mushroom peeps...

just wanted to know in advance where i can possibly get more xp so i can get there more quickly [img]smile.gif[/img]

[ 10-15-2003, 04:39 PM: Message edited by: Twid ]