Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-08-2002, 05:11 PM   #1
ThRaShEr
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I'm on that level with Yxinomei( orhow is it spelled), and I can't pass those damn trolls. I kill usualy one, but others fall down 'till they wounds heal and than they get up . Is there an effective way to kill them for "real". Any tips, I would really appreciate 'cause this is the first time I'm playing FRP( I don't count Pool of Radiance, it is totally different).
Thanks!!
ThRaShEr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2002, 05:18 PM   #2
Sir Michael
Manshoon

Either use weapons that do fire or acid damage (sword of flame, acid arrows, fire arrows, etc.) or use spells like burning hands, acid arrow, fireball, etc. to kill them when they have been knocked down.
\"You see things; and you say \'Why?\' But I dream things that never were; and I say \'Why not?\'\"<br />-George Bernard Shaw<br /><br />\"Men take only their needs into consideration never their abilities.\"<br />-Napoleon Bonaparte
Sir Michael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2002, 03:54 AM   #3
Sir Matt the Noble
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I have found that the best way to kill Trolls is lure them into a group, and have your mage cast fireball, and have your priest cast firestorm, it also works in Wyrm Tooth, if you decide to fight kerish, and have a large group of monsters following you.
Old 03-09-2002, 07:43 PM   #4
canadianvixen
Baaz Draconian

I used an orb to stun them then sent acid/fire arrows at them. They're not so bad. You just have to let them know who's boss.

Later,
Vix
Old 03-10-2002, 06:31 PM   #5
ThRaShEr
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Thanks!
ThRaShEr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2002, 05:25 PM   #6
pritchke
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

I had the same problem them I read up on trolls in the manual. The only way to kill a Troll is fire, acid or sunlight to turn them to stone. Remember "the Hobit"!

Stack up your mage with fire and acid arrows. If you are good at manuvering your party under pressure than use burning hands as the first level spell. Besides spells Fire arrows, and flaming bottles can be found in abundance.
pritchke is offline   Reply With Quote