Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Baldurs Gate & Tales of the Sword Coast

Old 02-20-2002, 12:05 AM   #1
almondjoy
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I'm in Duchal Palace facing Sarevok for the first time. My party is Hasted and fighters have Stone Giant Strenth. My lead lady has Protection from Majic, Protection from Evil, a ring of Fire Resistance, Potion of Fire Resistance and Potion of Heroism. If I kill all the dopplegangers, save a Duke and attack Sarevok, he knocks me out with a column of fire. If I don't attack him, he knocks me out with a column of fire. I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong. The walk though says he'll leave after a few hits. He ain't leaving. Any suggestions?
almondjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2002, 08:54 AM   #2
Daniel
Symbol of Cyric

If I remember correctly(Its been a while since I played BG1) once you wound Sarevok enough a wizard comes on to rescue him and casts flame strike on your character. This might be what is happening If the attack doesn't kill you instantly then they teleport off. Is the attack killing you instantly? try using a protection from fire scroll.
Daniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2002, 08:56 AM   #3
Daniel
Symbol of Cyric

Oh sorry I just realised you are protected from fire.
Sorry I cant help then its been a while since I played.
Daniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2002, 02:46 PM   #4
Lavindathar
Harper

From what I recall, try and keep the Duke alive. That way, he fights for you. Just kill Sarevok before he hits you with this, as I don't ever remember him using it on me.
Old 02-20-2002, 04:00 PM   #5
enigma
The Magister

Location: Infinite Sea of Code Red, Canada every other weekend
Hurt Sarevok? Really? I remember that you just had to keep atleast one of the dukes alive, and kill of most of the dopplegangers, and he'd leave on his own accord.

I could have sworn reading somewhere that he was technically invincible until you face him in the temple of Bhaal. You could attack him, but you wouldn't be able to kill him....but like I said, that's what I remember.

[ 02-20-2002: Message edited by: enigma ]

Old 02-20-2002, 04:06 PM   #6
Beaumanoir
Iron Throne Cult

Yes, Winski (The Wizard) Comes To Save Sarevok By Attacking You Briefly And Then Dimension Doors The Two Out. Keep The Duke Alive As He Has Something Good To Tell You When The Fight Is Over
Old 02-20-2002, 04:22 PM   #7
Dreamer128
Dracolisk

The way I did it was by summoning ALOT of monsters (Wand of monster summoning) to take the hits. It was a pretty easy battle that way.
Dreamer128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2002, 05:43 PM   #8
Mortis
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I remember using a lot of invisiblity spells placing em in stratigic points to get rid of the doppelgangers quick and keepin the peeps alive. Wand of Flamestrike came in pretty hand too in emergancy situations. Just keep em alive and eventually Sarevok will get fed up and bugger off
Mortis is offline   Reply With Quote