Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-02-2001, 01:34 AM   #41
Liliara
Red Wizard of Thay

Quote:
Originally posted by Silver Cheetah:
Liliara, if you really do have something to say on this subject that is not liberally smeared with icing sugar and topped with cute angels, nor yet bursting with pi rectitude, please feel free to email me with it

I just *hate* to think of your pearls of wisdom going to waste...

No need for sarcasm Silver!

------------------

Captain of Bouncers, Boogre Bar

LH Member

"I've had it up to here, listening to a small segment of people try to put down America! America's the greatest land on Earth, and we oughta be proud of what we have! I'm proud of America, I'm proud of our people, and I'm gonna prove it. We're American and DAMN proud of it! Frankly I'm getting a little ticked off...go ta ****"... Dink (if anyone knows who originally said this, please let me know!)
Old 11-03-2001, 05:21 AM   #42
Ramon de Ramon y Ramon
Red Dragon

quote:
Originally posted by Ronn_Bman:
....um.....er.......

*clears throat*

Back to the original point.

To any who have left the War Forum, for any reason, why don't you come back and give it a try! It's a little slow now, maybe it will pick up, maybe it won't, but if you ever enjoyed it, enjoy it now.

If you don't want to that's ok, too, but it would be nice to have everyone back.

All are welcome!

Ronn_Bman, I am awfully sorry, but I have to say the following: just reread this thread and pay attention to the underlying resentments jumping at the reader off its pages and you will see why I think it is not a good idea to advocate the war forum: the very sad truth is that it has turned out that only very few members are mature and emotionally disciplined enough to participate in debates as passionate and controversial as the ones in the war forum are bound to be without ultimately mixing up the personal level with the views on issues level . Off the top of my head I could only name four: yourself, Ryanmur, Prime2U and Memnoch ... I could be forgetting a few here who haven't posted (much) in the threads I have read ... And yes, I would certainly include myself among those who have proven themselves to be "unfit".

Sorry, Ronn_Bman, I know it is a frustrating diagnosis, but I think you better start looking for partners for debates like that elsewhere ... [img]smile.gif[/img]
So long !<br /><br />R³ aka \"The Ramonster\"(thanks Sir Tainly) - proud to be the official spokesman for the most noble Lady Bilqis, Desert Rose of Ironworks - equally proud to be Moiraine\'s \"permanent advocate\" ! - relaunched edition -
Old 11-03-2001, 05:29 AM   #43
AzureWolf
20th Level Warrior

Well I certainly try not to mix personal feelings in it. But to the part about being "unfit" well yes your right [img]tongue.gif[/img]
I was carting hay bales around today on the farm and by the time we had finished I was exhausted and we only picked up 190 [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-03-2001, 05:38 AM   #44
Ramon de Ramon y Ramon
Red Dragon

quote:
Originally posted by AzureWolf:
Well I certainly try not to mix personal feelings in it. But to the part about being "unfit" well yes your right [img]tongue.gif[/img]
I was carting hay bales around today on the farm and by the time we had finished I was exhausted and we only picked up 190 [img]smile.gif[/img]

Wisecracking smart-ass ! [img]tongue.gif[/img] See, I NEVER EVER include personal snipes ...
So long !<br /><br />R³ aka \"The Ramonster\"(thanks Sir Tainly) - proud to be the official spokesman for the most noble Lady Bilqis, Desert Rose of Ironworks - equally proud to be Moiraine\'s \"permanent advocate\" ! - relaunched edition -
Old 11-03-2001, 05:45 AM   #45
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

Ramon, if you had a problem with me you'd tell me right?

I've always thought things were cool between us mate. "The lurker" and all that.

I've always enjoyed reading your posts, and from what I've read, assumed it to be mutual.

You'd let me know if this wasn't the case wouldn't you.

http://www.hughwilson.com
Old 11-03-2001, 11:42 AM   #46
Ramon de Ramon y Ramon
Red Dragon

quote:
Originally posted by Yorick:
Ramon, if you had a problem with me you'd tell me right?

I've always thought things were cool between us mate. "The lurker" and all that.

I've always enjoyed reading your posts, and from what I've read, assumed it to be mutual.

You'd let me know if this wasn't the case wouldn't you.

Hugh, first let me assure you that the feeling of respect and sympathy you mentioned is indeed mutual. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Anything else can be discussed when this time of personal sorrow lies behind you and if there should again arise a situation that makes that necessary.

Take care please ! [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-03-2001, 06:25 PM   #47
Ronn_Bman
Zartan

quote:
Originally posted by Ramon de Ramon y Ramon:
...the very sad truth is that it has turned out that only very few members are mature and emotionally disciplined enough to participate in debates as passionate and controversial as the ones in the war forum are bound to be without ultimately mixing up the personal level with the views on issues level . Off the top of my head I could only name four: yourself, Ryanmur, Prime2U and Memnoch ... I could be forgetting a few here who haven't posted (much) in the threads I have read ... And yes, I would certainly include myself among those who have proven themselves to be "unfit".

Sorry, Ronn_Bman, I know it is a frustrating diagnosis, but I think you better start looking for partners for debates like that elsewhere ... [img]smile.gif[/img]

I appreciate you including me in such esteemed company and I am flattered.

Unfortunately, with the slow down in the War Forum, I've had time to go back and review some old posts and found that my discipline was lacking

You may be right about the ultimate fate of that forum, but I think we can all learn for the past, and continue to learn from each other in the future. While this thread got a bit off track, it doesn't mean it can't be done.

Today's postings in the War Room were great arguments with no attacks thanks to everyone from different sides working together.