Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-11-2001, 03:31 PM   #11
Throntar
Drizzt Do'Urden

Quote:
Originally posted by Avatar:
I fail to understand the point of Rangers...sorry
Fighters have more prof points
gain levels quicker and more...what do rangers do...charm animals!
unless you play it for the plot value like having a bard!
I am Elven Fighter/Mage/Thief
with boots of lightning speed and speed
staff of Magi
Mana's longbow+4
cloak of reflection
I am deadly
Rangers also have access to Druidic spells starting at 9th level and they have more hit dice than fighters. Additionally, they start out with 3 proficiencies (or maybe its 2???) in two-weapon style. Saves you some proficiency slots. I believe that fighters roll a 10d for their HD and Rangers roll a 12d for theirs. Lastly, Rangers have a stealth ability that allows them to scout for you if you lack a thief. I don't play the class much, but I do see their advantages.

------------------

Now where did I leave that doughnut?!
Old 05-11-2001, 03:56 PM   #12
Father Bronze
Baaz Draconian

Quote:
Originally posted by Avatar:
I fail to understand the point of Rangers...sorry
I like the idea of playing an Archer. Unfortunately it's not a fighter kit, so I'm stuck with a Ranger.
Old 05-11-2001, 03:59 PM   #13
Wah
Symbol of Cyric

I've brushed up my LV 17 Enchanter - ready for the next add on! He's got all the spells in BG2 and he's got nothing in his inventory so I can't be tempted to cheat with him - nice

Also I've got a cleric/druid - impossible I know, but I'll delete it as soon as I'm bored with her.

------------------

Greetings Mortals. My Name Is Wah, Arch Lich Wah.
Old 05-11-2001, 04:45 PM   #14
Greadius
The Magister

My Holy Cavalier of Demon smiting is ready from BG2...
But I'm playing through BG1 for the first time, hope to finish it with that Fighter/thief, export to Bg2 and play it through BEFORE the expansion comes out.

I have lofty goals and a long vacation
Old 05-11-2001, 04:53 PM   #15
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

Quote:
Originally posted by Aurican:
I am redoing my ranger for the upcoming expansion. Does anybody have one main character they have ready for the next installment of Bhaaldom?

Yep

------------------
I am the walrus!.... er, no hang on....

A fair dinkum laughing Hyena!
Old 05-11-2001, 05:15 PM   #16
Tancred
White Dragon

Ever since I found out you could twiddle around with the Global Variables using Shadowkeeper, I've loaded up and messed with an old saved-game - amusingly titled 'Baldur's Gate 3 - Beyond Underdark'. I hope to rekindle and bring to a conclusion the fabled romance with the lovley Jaheira - my failure to do so earlier was a great regret to me. Once there, yep, Tancred the Cavalier is all go.

Tancred
Old 05-11-2001, 05:16 PM   #17
Tancred
White Dragon

Oh, yes, Tancred is my original BG1 character. Gee, the sense of narrative is amazing, eh?
Old 05-11-2001, 06:15 PM   #18
Lord Shield

Are you ready, guys?
Matthew Hopkins(Undead Hunter) - no! you didn't keep my saved game files
Slaughter Margin(evil berserker) - ALL MUST DIE!! (yep, he's ready)
John Lennon(sorceror) - It depends - are YOU ready? (yep, him too)
Lord Raptor - cluck!
Selina Kyle - gimme a chance. I've only just finished the Nashkel Mines
Ok. Status report over

Old 05-11-2001, 09:25 PM   #19
masteraleph
Elminster

Yep, sure do. One party right now with a LG monk at the lead, along with Minsc, Keldorn, Jaheira, Imoen, and Nalia. All equipment is legitly gotten with good paths (which means no gauntlets of crushing unfortunately). Working on an evil party right now of a LE Half Orc Priest of Talos, Korgan, Viconia, HaerDaelis (no laughing, he's chaotic neutral and has 3 stars in dual wielding, huge lore + glasses of identification= no paying to identify, he gets mage spells-waiting for tenser's transformation, just have to get him some long sword profs...), Jan, and Edwin. NOT all legitly gotten, and most of it's using evil paths...which means, for example 2 rings of Gaxx, and soon 2 rings of the ram and 2 of regeneration (pickpocketing of course).
Old 05-12-2001, 12:31 AM   #20
caleb
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

I never bothered to keep old saves so I only have my lawful neutral monk ready to go but I am almost to the underdark with me neutral evil sorcerer and im hoping to have enough time to get a goody goody party ready before TOB...maybe a paladin.

------------------
Welcome to hell.