Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion

Old 02-25-2006, 02:20 PM   #1
Iron Greasel
Fzoul Chembryl

Version 5.8 doesn't work and version 6.7 doesn't have the Nokia Sound Converter utility for converting midi files. And I need both, a working connection and the Sound Converter.

Does anyone know how to solve this? I think I'd figure it out myself by poking around the registry given enough time, but I also think I'd break the said registry a couple of times before finding out what I'm supposed to do.

I need to have both installed simultaneously, and the installer won't allow that. Installing one over the other without wiping the program files was simple enough, but it's not enough. The design of the program is modular. Very modular. And information of where to find the modules is stored in the registry.

Basically I have to make it so that 6 can't figure out where the files for 5 are stored, or that they exist, but 5 can.

Help?
Old 02-27-2006, 07:30 PM   #2
andrewas
Harper

The problem is, each version will be looking at the same set of keys. So, create a pair of .key files you can use to update the registry, one which will create the relevant entries for each version. And hope neither of them ever try to update any of it, because that wont feed back to your .key files.

Or, you could put up with the version which works and look for another .midi converter. Sourceforge probably has one.
Old 02-28-2006, 05:25 AM   #3
Hivetyrant
Jack Burton

Make sure you get the right version for your phone, do a search on their webiste and find the current recommended version and then try and find all previous versions.

I have to play with that damn software at work, and its the most crappily built software I have ever used.... well, not the worst, but pretty bad.
Hivetyrant is offline   Reply With Quote